3. Colin Kaepernick

4. Aaron Rodgers.

5. Matt Ryan

6. Andrew Luck

7. Eli Manning

8. Matthew Stafford

9. Tom Brady

10. Cam Newton

HM: RGIII, Andy Dalton, Sam Bradford, and Carson Palmer.

In this league, the one with the most weapons wins. While Brees, Newton, and Eli may be the best QBs in this listing.. the QBs with the most weapons are Manning, Kaepernick, Stafford and Ryan.

In fact, there's absolutely nothing that Ryan doesn't have at hand. He has Gonzales, White, Douglass, Jackson and Jones. So many weapons that there's no reason for him not to have 30+TDs and 66%+ passing.

You see no sign of Flacco. Yep. He's inconsistent. We will see what a difference an Anquawn makes.

I am not 100% sold on Kaepernick but he does have weapons and a line to boot.

Finally, my three guilty pleasures: Geno Smith, EJ Manual, and Tannehill. i would love to see any of these young guys step up to Elite status.

What's your 10?

Peyton and Brett are the Greatest traditional and non-traditional QBs I've ever seen, respectively. Peyton will always be in a Tier by himself. Drew is by himself in the 2nd Tier IMO. He's a walking Sports Science segment with the way he places his passes. Id call him the Greatest QB ever without a monster arm. I like Aaron Rogers, but where there's smoke there's fire and there have been too many questions of his leadership, but his arm and IQ make him 3rd Tier. Then there's everybody else. Brady is an outstanding overall QB don't get me wrong, but there's a reason he went in the 6th round (great size but with average arm at best and poor athleticism). I think it's pretty cool that the most bipolar QBs of All Time are playing at the same time in the same division in Romo and Manning. They both could look like the Pro Bowlers one week, and Tim Tebow next week.

Edited by benhillboy

I'd like to see any of these QBs have the success Brady has with guys who have no business starting at RB or WR. He's a damned good QB and I'd really have to put him #1 with Peyton slightly below him. Then I'd have Rodgers and Brees and Eli up there, though I know you guys always hate on Eli.

• Premium Member

Eli and cam most talented? I'm confused

I think Eli is very talented. Those NY teams were not flashy because he didn't have threats, but his record speaks for itself. Cam is a little different. Big arm, young guy, good feet, and he's huge. I think that Cam's IQ is the only thing in question and this is the year that the answer is found.

• Premium Member

I'd like to see any of these QBs have the success Brady has with guys who have no business starting at RB or WR. He's a damned good QB and I'd really have to put him #1 with Peyton slightly below him. Then I'd have Rodgers and Brees and Eli up there, though I know you guys always hate on Eli.

This is a prediction for the year, not a how great has he been kind of deal. Sure, Brady has been great, but for this year, I think he's in the place that Drew Bledsoe was in when he replaced him.

This is a prediction for the year, not a how great has he been kind of deal. Sure, Brady has been great, but for this year, I think he's in the place that Drew Bledsoe was in when he replaced him.

Week 1 they had no business beating the Bills but he pulled it off with a bunch of scrubs. Trust me he's light years ahead of where Bledsoe was. And people talk about Vick and the Eagles fast pace but the Pats ran nearly 20 more offensive plays and without anywhere near the same talent the Eagles have.

Robert Kraft said Adam Vinateiri was "our best player" on their first Super Bowl Team. I think Vince Wilfork is a better player at his position and as important to the Pat's success as Brady. I'm just rarely impressed by his throws. His coaching staff realizes his struggles with small windows 20 yards downfield, so they've never bothered with having a well-rounded stud on the outside. The ball didn't have to be placed very well with Moss, who didn't like contact and outran everyone anyway. Brady is a wonderful QB, but when I hear "arguably the best" or "one of the best of All Time" I just cringe.

Robert Kraft said Adam Vinateiri was "our best player" on their first Super Bowl Team. I think Vince Wilfork is a better player at his position and as important to the Pat's success as Brady. I'm just rarely impressed by his throws. His coaching staff realizes his struggles with small windows 20 yards downfield, so they've never bothered with having a well-rounded stud on the outside. The ball didn't have to be placed very well with Moss, who didn't like contact and outran everyone anyway. Brady is a wonderful QB, but when I hear "arguably the best" or "one of the best of All Time" I just cringe.

As someone who's watched Brady torch my team many, many times, it's funny to hear how others who don't watch him nearly as much comment on him. Sorta like me commenting on average I think Matt Ryan is and being told I don't know what I'm looking at. Look at the castoffs from other teams over the years who he's made into legit players with them. Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman, Dion Branch, Danny Woodhead, Donte' Stallworth, Brandon Tate, etc.

Sure he's had 2 very good TE's but they're injured more often that not. He had Randy Moss at the tail end of his career and got probably the best year ever out of him. He's had Welker but before going to New England he was a major disappointment in Miami. He's never had a legit 3 down RB and his offensive line has never been nearly as good as he makes them appear.

As someone who's watched Brady torch my team many, many times, it's funny to hear how others who don't watch him nearly as much comment on him. Sorta like me commenting on average I think Matt Ryan is and being told I don't know what I'm looking at. Look at the castoffs from other teams over the years who he's made into legit players with them. Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman, Dion Branch, Danny Woodhead, Donte' Stallworth, Brandon Tate, etc.

Sure he's had 2 very good TE's but they're injured more often that not. He had Randy Moss at the tail end of his career and got probably the best year ever out of him. He's had Welker but before going to New England he was a major disappointment in Miami. He's never had a legit 3 down RB and his offensive line has never been nearly as good as he makes them appear.

As far as body of work among active NFL Quarterbacks, there is Brady, Peyton, then everyone else. I think the key is this seasons rankings that Diesel refers to. Last season Brady ranked 7th in passer rating among NFL QBs who through more than 150 passes. If you want to rule out Alex Smith as a fluke, then Brady ranked 6th.

Brady was sacked 27 times last season; which was the least of any top ten QB's with 200 or more pass attempts not named Peyton or Brees. SanFrans total between Colin and Smith was 40. Brady may not have the WR's but he does have the scheme and line to protect him. I think Brady is somewhere in the middle to lower ten now. Which given his age is not a insult to his ability at all.

Edited by Buzzard

As far as body of work among active NFL Quarterbacks, there is Brady, Peyton, then everyone else. I think the key is this seasons rankings that Diesel refers to. Last season Brady ranked 7th in passer rating among NFL QBs who through more than 150 passes. If you want to rule out Alex Smith as a fluke, then Brady ranked 6th.

Brady was sacked 27 times last season; which was the least of any top ten QB's with 200 or more pass attempts not named Peyton or Brees. SanFrans total between Colin and Smith was 40. Brady may not have the WR's but he does have the scheme and line to protect him. I think Brady is somewhere in the middle to lower ten now. Which given his age is not a insult to his ability at all.

It's silly to do any rankings after 1 game, especially when I think they said Brady's top 7 receivers from last year weren't on the opening day roster. I honestly believe that he's better now than he used to be but his line isn't what it once was and his receivers are just awful. I mean when you're relying on Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola to be your primary targets we're not exactly talking about guys in the same league as Julio and Roddy or Shady and DeSean ya know?

Let's look back on this at the end of the year and see how he compares. Considering that he's probably not going to have Gronk for a while and probably not for very long even when he comes back and Amendola is already hurt, I'm betting that Brady still ends up on the top 10 in QBR and that's with basically scrubs as his weapons and not much of a defense to speak of either. Then on top of that you've got then running 80-90 plays a game as well and that's really remarkable.

• Premium Member

Cam us just not in the upper tier because he doesn't have it between his ears and he's not a leader. I'd take Kap, Luck, Wilson, RG3 and Tanny all above him because they're talented, smart and leaders.

Tanny hasn't proved anything. Sorry. Kap and Luck I agree. Wilson... is a wait and see. All these young guys will have to face that wall. I try to look at each QB and view what they do in a different situation. You're lifting guys with great blocking, great running backs, and great receivers and Tight Ends. Cam has 1 receiver, no blocking, and his running back loses games for them.

• Premium Member

It's silly to do any rankings after 1 game, especially when I think they said Brady's top 7 receivers from last year weren't on the opening day roster.

Don't we do predictions before the season all the time?

My preseason prediction was late. However, about Brady. This year without Welker and with his other losses, he will not be top10 in my opinion. He needs that possession receiver because he's not a down-field throwing QB.

Tanny hasn't proved anything. Sorry. Kap and Luck I agree. Wilson... is a wait and see. All these young guys will have to face that wall. I try to look at each QB and view what they do in a different situation. You're lifting guys with great blocking, great running backs, and great receivers and Tight Ends. Cam has 1 receiver, no blocking, and his running back loses games for them.

Wait on Wilson? Again I'm confused....Cam has a trio of running backs that other offenses would kill for, he has a great number 1 receiver and a decent tight end with his front 7 on defense being at least top 3 in the league and yet we're still making excuses for him. The guy just doesn't have it, puts up numbers but it doesn't mean jack when you're losing the game with terrible turnovers. For instance...no way we should have beaten them in Atlanta last year but Cam fumbled the game away....that's just what Cam does.

I didn't say Tanny has proved anything, but neither has Luck nor Cam. I'm just saying I'd take Tanny or Luck over Cam every day of the week.Btw Miami has maybe the worst starting oline of them all, no running game and we lost our TE for the year. So don't give me a sob story for a QB with a stud receiver and set of RBs.

Wait on Wilson? Again I'm confused....Cam has a trio of running backs that other offenses would kill for, he has a great number 1 receiver and a decent tight end with his front 7 on defense being at least top 3 in the league and yet we're still making excuses for him. The guy just doesn't have it, puts up numbers but it doesn't mean jack when you're losing the game with terrible turnovers. For instance...no way we should have beaten them in Atlanta last year but Cam fumbled the game away....that's just what Cam does.

Totally agree and I forgot to comment on Wilson and that wait comment. Any team would be lucky to have that kid but he's a legit leader. Swap him and Cam and both teams would go in opposite directions.