• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

It is this simple. We get to swap both 2014 and 2015 picks. Now if they have a better record, we get to keep our own picks. Billy King is one GM who doesn't value the draft and never has. His doesn't value player development. Honestly, his plan would have worked if KG and PP was two years younger and Deron wasn't injury prone. Joe regressing as well is an issue. Anyone who watched Joe with Atlanta seen he regressed so that was another dumb deal.

The funny thing was the NBA still thought this deal was too much in Brooklyn's favor so they made them trade a future 2nd rounder as well.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

There are a lot more big man in the 2015 draft, okafor is clearly the best of the bunch but there are plenty to choose from in that draft.

• Premium Member

The Bucks, Knicks and Bulls are going to make this difficult. From what I saw last night, the Bulls look primed to enter tank mode and the Bucks already are. I simply have no words for whatever it is the Knicks are trying to accomplish.

The Bucks, Knicks and Bulls are going to make this difficult. From what I saw last night, the Bulls look primed to enter tank mode and the Bucks already are. I simply have no words for whatever it is the Knicks are trying to accomplish.

That still leaves 4 other teams that the Nets need to be better than just to make the playoffs seeing as their division mates in Toronto, Philly and Boston have also gained ground on them.

• Premium Member

That still leaves 4 other teams that the Nets need to be better than just to make the playoffs seeing as their division mates in Toronto, Philly and Boston have also gained ground on them.

True, but it's so hard to believe the Nets will stay worse than the Raptors, Sixers and this years Celtics. Maybe they will. I just didn't expect the Knicks to be as awful as they've been and the Rose injury will derail the Bulls I think.

• Admin

I would not get to cocky just yet about the Nets.

Lopez, Kirlinko, JT and Deron have been injured and will be back soon

Knicks suck

This is a whole new team and still trying to figure out chemistry which may eventually happen

They are only 3 games out of 4th place

They still have a lot of experience and talent (even though they are old) and could be dangerous if it comes together.

We are only 13 games into the season --- 69 left to go

We don't have a lottery pick just yet

• Moderators

Sekou Smith asks, "Do you like... PIE?"

Granted, it would be much easier for others to follow Garnett if Garnett wasn’t struggling through his own Jekyll-and-Hyde routine – using PIE, Garnett is the league’s fifth-best player in the first half and the league’s worst player in the second half — this season.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/11/26/nets-nearing-point-of-no-return/

~lw3

PIE? Am I that out of touch with advanced metrics or does Sekou have something else on his mind?

No, looks like I am out of touch with obscure "advanced" metrics that the NBA has no real documentation on (http://stats.nba.com/featured/welcome_nbacomstats_2013_02_13.html or http://stats.nba.com/glossary.html). They give you a formula and say "that is it!" OK!

This is where I feel people can give legitimate complaints about "statheads" when they give no freaking explanation for a process. They sling it out there and hope it sticks.

True, but it's so hard to believe the Nets will stay worse than the Raptors, Sixers and this years Celtics. Maybe they will. I just didn't expect the Knicks to be as awful as they've been and the Rose injury will derail the Bulls I think.

Perhaps not worse but definitely not better. Their hopes rest solely on Brook Lopez, everyone else is experiencing reoccurring injuries they've had for seasons already or showing the typical decline expected of players that age. Doesn't help that they have the worst coaching staff assembled and Lopez's ankle injury may possibly be associated with his multiple foot surgeries.

It's still early but we can't begin to pretend that that isn't already a very deep team which on paper should already be able to offset these rash of injuries. Even if completely healthy, do you think that they can get all of those guys on the court at the same time and expect Kidd to manage them properly?

PIE? Am I that out of touch with advanced metrics or does Sekou have something else on his mind?

No, looks like I am out of touch with obscure "advanced" metrics that the NBA has no real documentation on (http://stats.nba.com/featured/welcome_nbacomstats_2013_02_13.html or http://stats.nba.com/glossary.html). They give you a formula and say "that is it!" OK!

This is where I feel people can give legitimate complaints about "statheads" when they give no freaking explanation for a process. They sling it out there and hope it sticks.

I cringe any time I see the word "impact" included in a statistical definition but having it in the actual stat title takes the *snickers* cake!

• Like 1

I would not get to cocky just yet about the Nets. Lopez, Kirlinko, JT and Deron have been injured and will be back soon Knicks suck This is a whole new team and still trying to figure out chemistry which may eventually happen They are only 3 games out of 4th place They still have a lot of experience and talent (even though they are old) and could be dangerous if it comes together. We are only 13 games into the season --- 69 left to go We don't have a lottery pick just yet

The Knicks don't suck. They are missing Tyson Chandler and have no depth behind him. The Nets could play better, but its not a given. We are seeing how critical Rondo and Bradley were as great defenders which makes everyone's job easier. KG isn't good. PP is a spot up shooter now. Joe is Joe, but older. Deron Williams hasn't played up to expectations in years. It could get worse. Guys who are used to winning could cause major chemistry issues losing like they are.

I hope New York puts it together (can't believe I'm saying that) or Masai decides to work some magic in Toronto because they're our only hope of the Nets missing the playoffs.

That said, even if they DO win the division that still has little bearing on their draft pick. They could be 4th place as a division leader but still get the 15th pick in the draft.

• Like 1