• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

Jason Kidd in way over his head.. After 'philosophical differences', Jason Kidd demoting Lawrence Frank, who happens to be the only doing any real coaching on the team.. this is getting worse and worse for the Nets.

Edited by esimonds03
  • Like 1

My kind of putting it together :sungum: Just need the Sixers and Celtics plus the Raptors later on to hold off their foes in order to put the cherry on top of the night.

I'm not sure you are using the :sungum: correctly. I should know, I use that one more than any other :sungum: on this board.

Can we swap picks with the Knicks instead? Lol.

The Nuggets and Orlando already called dibs on it.

I'm not sure you are using the Posted Image correctly. I should know, I use that one more than any other Posted Image on this board.

this Posted Image right here is both a noun and adjective to be used on any Posted Image thing I Posted Image choose.

Edited by MaceCase
  • Like 1

Didn't they win two East Titles together? I see they are going to fuel the weirdness now. It is New York, might as well make a Broadway show out of it. I'm very surprised there hasn't been a player-to-player public beef yet. It's coming...

The only players on the Nets who have that fire and desire to win are the players they acquired through the Celtics team. The rest are losers(mentality wise) or do not have the rank to say anything. I mean if KG started yelling at Joe, nothing would change.

If you believe some reports, Lawrence Frank was more interested in telling Kidd what to do than teaching him how to coach. Not always the same thing, and if it's true it wouldn't be at all surprising for a proud dude like Kidd to get tired of it.

And most importantly, this is bad for the Nets. :laugh:

Edited by DatWerkk

• Moderators

Jason Kidd in way over his head.. After 'philosophical differences', Jason Kidd demoting Lawrence Frank, who happens to be the only doing any real coaching on the team.. this is getting worse and worse for the Nets.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

Also, Suckageddon is this Thursday at Barclays! It's Woody versus Kidd in a loser-takes-all coaching cagematch!

Has there ever been a TNT Thursday with ratings potentially this high for two awful teams (record-wise, at least?)

If you need to phone a lifeline, Woody, we're here for ya!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

I love benhillboy's idea of a Broadway show for the Knicks and Nets. Les Misérables Part Deux (et Trois)?

I'm not good at this kind of thing, but I'm sure the actor possibilities are endless.

Viggo Mortensen as Prokhorov? A fat Tom Hanks to play Dolan? Steve Harvey as Woody? Spike would just have to be Spike, I'm sorry. Same with Woody Allen.

Pooch Hall as Melo? Hard to find somebody with that nose of his. Pitbull as J-Kidd, unless Drake wants to go bald? If not, then maybe Deron? Anthony Mackie would have J.R. Smith down to a science, as would Terrence Howard with Paula's role. The Game as K-Mart, yeah. I can't decide on JB Smoove as KG or Amar'e. Gotta get Kevin Hart in there, so Raymond Felton. The Texans' Andre Johnson would finally get the star turn he deserves as Joe Moneybags.

Props would include an extinguisher and a cup of gin 'n Coke on ice.

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators

PW chimes in on the draft pick status, including some verification of how Lottery Night would shake out.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2013/12/4/5174116/brooklyn-nets-draft-picks-boston-celtics-atlanta-hawks-unprotected

4. The pick wouldn't be transferred until after the lottery.

So the Nets would have to sit up there, in the Hollywood Squares like panel, and painfully go through the entire process and, if they got the #1 pick, would have to throw up all over themselves in front of America while the Hawks danced behind the cameras.

Hopefully the NBA wouldn't put them through that charade, but it's possible.

~lw3

• Like 2

Billy King should get a hold of Andy Roeser's tailor and show up with a jacket with a Hawks jersey embroidered on the inside.

Posted Image

That move for Griffin made it possible for CP3 to consider LA while he never really considered Atlanta. In this league, you are damn if you don't have a franchise face player unless someone develops on your team.

Please God, just let us get lucky one time and land a top pick. I almost feel like getting down on one knee and praying every night for the Nets to lose games, get player injuries, etc. I'm such a superstitious guy that I want to tell myself that the Nets will turn their season around with the veterans they have (reverse jinx) hoping they won't. It's kinda driving me insane lol. I hope I can stay sane for another 4 or 5 months lol.

Edited by Spud2Nique

That move for Griffin made it possible for CP3 to consider LA while he never really considered Atlanta. In this league, you are damn if you don't have a franchise face player unless someone develops on your team.

The Clippers have had how many #1 and high draft picks? David Stern stepping in and nixing Paul to LAL is what happened. End.

Edited by JayBirdHawk