• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Spurs

lethalweapon3

There are lots of games when I've been frustrated as hell about the Hawks play, but this is not one of those games. They showed heart; they showed hustle; they showed real competitiveness. And that's saying a lot against this Spurs team. Really proud of how they hung in there. Good game, guys.

GO HAWKS!

• Like 3

5 free throw attempts? Duncan 20/20 game? Horford 7 rebounds? Its painfully obvious what we need to improve!

It's funny, since Horf became experienced, he has been getting the best of Duncan. Now it's clear, Smoove defensive presence was getting the best of Duncan, not Al's defense. It's becoming clear each and every day with Sap/Horf that this pairing is not working. Neither player can reach their level with one another. As much as Smoove hurt things, he also help things. I don't see Sap/Horf helping things much.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Since when is is legal for the offense to have a guy bear hug a player and that be legal as a screen? Belinelli had his arms wrapped around Al as Duncan got free. That's crap that they don't call an offensive foul there.

Best part was DMC admiring it with 3D glasses, a bag of popcorn and a blue slushie rather than switching.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's funny, since Horf became experienced, he has been getting the best of Duncan. Now it's clear, Smoove defensive presence was getting the best of Duncan, not Al's defense. It's becoming clear each and every day with Sap/Horf that this pairing is not working. Neither player can reach their level with one another. As much as Smoove hurt things, he also help things. I don't see Sap/Horf helping things much.

Posted Image

• Moderators

You guys are crazy if you think we would have even been in this game last year. If we cut down on turnovers, which is something we can do, then we win this game. Plus lots of bogus calls. Parker would have had two costly turnovers if he wasn't allowed to tackle guys with the ball on the floor to get it back. What the hell. Spurs know all the tricks of the trade and still it took a last second shot to beat us. I'd say .500 through the first 20 games of new team, new coach is right on track. Now we just need some more nba level talent.

• Moderators

Since when is is legal for the offense to have a guy bear hug a player and that be legal as a screen? Belinelli had his arms wrapped around Al as Duncan got free. That's crap that they don't call an offensive foul there.

Man I couldn't agree more. And there is so much unwarranted criticism of Al lately that i hate to even ask the question but really he should be going around that screen or at the least running him over right? Seems like he should have been expecting the screen and tried to go around but hey still a great game.

• Moderators

I wish Duane Ferrell would do more games. Nique has been giving me a headache worse than usual this season.

Or just add him in. I kind of agree with you but at the same time I like having Nique at every game just because he is the greatest hawk. The Braves telecast improved 100 times when they added in Murph. I know they don't want to pay 3 annoucers but maybe for some games.