• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Lowe about the Hawks in trade deadline

Ebert

I also want Teague gone but I have to scratch my head a little here.

Riddle me this:

If Ferry wasn't sold on Teague why match him to the Bucks offer?

Possible answer: He liked Teague enough to see what he would do under Bud or he wanted to keep Teague as a trade chip for this upcoming offseason

But that kinda raises this point:

Why match a guy you aren't sold on in the first place? This is literally the golden age of point guard in the NBA. Almost every time has an All star to solid PG already. If you keep a guy just to flip him you have to presume he will have trade value enough to warrant the risk.

I just don't see how Ferry could have realistically looked at the market last offseason and decided to keep Teague unless he believed enough in him to keep him. As much as it kills me to say it.

Didn't we call this Sothron?

• Like 1

Or you could re-read what I have said about Teague. He is just as trade-able as bigfoot is believable. I mean, it *could* happen. Sure. And monkeys might fly out of my butt.

And if you want to stare at the sun, wear these Posted Image as they will help.

Good grief this is ridiculous. Fine then a 25 year old starting PG with All-Star ability on a 4 year 32 million dollar contract who wanted out during the offseason is just untradeable :).

This is like arguing with a woman. You know you're wrong but you're gonna argue it anyway.

heeeeeeeeeeey...watch your mouth now.Posted Image .

It's you guys that are arguing like a bunch of little school girls Posted Image .

• Moderators

Hmmmm...how about tossing out the idea of trading Horford and Teague together. That way, @hawksfanatic will be torn between his desire to see Horford go and his natural rejection of going down the theoretical trade rabbit hole. Plus everyone who wants to bury Teague because they thought he was something more than an average PG and are now disappointed will be psyched. I'll start:

Teague + Horford = 20M

for

Pau Gasol

for

Kevin Love + Jose Barea

for

Rondo + Green

for

Gallinari + McGee

for

Josh Smith + Brandon Jennings

Posted Image

Edited by Dolfan23
Testing tagging of Hawksfanatic
  • Like 1

Hmmmm...how about tossing out the idea of trading Horford and Teague together. That way, @hawksfanatic will be torn between his desire to see Horford go and his natural rejection of going down the theoretical trade rabbit hole. Plus everyone who wants to bury Teague because they thought he was something more than an average PG and are now disappointed will be psyched. I'll start:

Teague + Horford = 20M

for

Pau Gasol

for

Kevin Love + Jose Barea

for

Rondo + Green

for

Gallinari + McGee

for

Posted Image

I'd probably do it for Love/Barea although that doesn't solve our need for a center still, but you could still move Millsap for Asik +++ which I still think is the best type center to put next to Love.

What's getting overlooked is Teague signed with the Bucks in the offseason because they made the best offer. I really doubt Teague will sign off to go just anywhere. Having said that, he IS a tradeable piece, it's just tougher this season. He'd probably sign off on playing in LA or Houston or New York or (maybe) Toronto, so we could look into deals for the stopgap PGs these guys have. If we REALLY wanna blow it up I'm sure there're Millsap deals to be had out there.

What's getting overlooked is Teague signed with the Bucks in the offseason because they made the best offer. I really doubt Teague will sign off to go just anywhere. Having said that, he IS a tradeable piece, it's just tougher this season. He'd probably sign off on playing in LA or Houston or New York or (maybe) Toronto, so we could look into deals for the stopgap PGs these guys have. If we REALLY wanna blow it up I'm sure there're Millsap deals to be had out there.

That's speculation. He may have really wanted to play for LD and turned down other similar offers. Of course this is speculation as well but we have no idea what other offers he did or did not receive.

That's speculation. He may have really wanted to play for LD and turned down other similar offers. Of course this is speculation as well but we have no idea what other offers he did or did not receive.

True. My hunch is that Teague is a money-chaser, though.

Teague + Horford = 20M

for

Pau Gasol

for

Kevin Love + Jose Barea

for

Rondo + Green

for

Gallinari + McGee

for

Posted Image

Hey! Didn't I suggest this function like two years ago?

Well it works. I'm going to take 100% credit for this.

True. My hunch is that Teague is a money-chaser, though.

I figured he was more of a chubby-chaser, but who knows.

Hey! Didn't I suggest this function like two years ago?Well it works. I'm going to take 100% credit for this.

Eh it was June or July of 2013 and I gave you credit in the suggestions forum you :sun: