• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Lance Stephenson Mega Thread

GameTime

Lance is doing nothing worse than Dennis Rodman did when he was on the Bulls.

The on court shenanigans aren't bothersome is the locker room/teammate stuff.

Popovich wouldn't even be able to contain Lance. He's tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much of a headcase. It's just a shame that he doesn't take Basketball seriously enough to effectively utilize his talents.

Indy is getting boatraced!

What a showing in an elimination game! Weak weak!

I'm really glad they got embarrassed today because all of their trash talking was pretty weak. Midway through the 3rd quarter, they only scored 40 something points while allowing 80 something. They played their entire season on the premise they would face Miami in 7, but it turns out, they got eliminated by Miami for the third straight year.

On the other hand, congrats to the Heat for reaching the Finals 4 years in a row. It would be nice for us to experience going to the Finals once in our lifetimes.

• Like 1

Larry Bird told Lance to stop with the antics and he still continued with the nonsense, that is very JR Smith-like behavior. That really shows the lack of respect this guy has for authority and the organization. Wont surprise me at all if Larry Bird lets him go after he has deliberately disobeyed him.

Seriously??? Why in the world would we want this guy?

• Premium Member

This deserves it's own thread! I trust ferry and bud will take care of the defense issues but I wonder if these stand up guys are looking at lance or not regardless of off court problems.

1. Hawks have a defense problem not just around the goal but on the perimeter.

2. Like lance or not he's an elite defender.

3. Lance is an unrestricted 23 year old elite defender

Are character issues really that big of a concern to pass up an elite defensive talent like this?...I see why hawk fans would say no if woody or LD was still the head coach but coach bud can control this guys ego in opinion.

I pass on Lance. If Stevenson an elite defender, then so is DMC. Teague ate his lunch in the playoffs, so much so that they put their "all-star" SF to guard him.

Lance is not the guy we need. His skills are good but the maturity isn't. Indy seems to collect guys like him, e.g. Artist,& Tinsley.

I do agree another wing defender is needed, but if you get a shot blocker or lane clogged your wing defense gets much better. Thus, my priority would be there instead of wing defense.

• Like 1

I think that he has talent and am indifferent as to him coming to the Hawks. The question is is he the kind of player that Danny would pursue? He seems to play out of control sometimes then will play like he is the best 2 in the league. Its like he is Josh Smith.

I think Lance played himself into a smaller contract this off-season. Take his antics with that (blowing on Lebron, really?) and his value should be at an all time low. I would definitely take a chance on him with a 2 year reasonable contract (6m per or something with a player option for a third). Let him prove that he can change and that he's worth a larger contract when he's 25. I think Bud can help him with that maturity issue along with the other veterans we have on the team. Max I would spend would be 6-7m per year on a shortish contract. Anything else and he can walk his happy ass over to a lottery team that has nothing to lose.

I pass on Lance. If Stevenson an elite defender, then so is DMC. Teague ate his lunch in the playoffs, so much so that they put their "all-star" SF to guard him.

When did Stephenson guard Teague? I only remember George Hill, CJ Watson and Paul George guarding him.