• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Name and defend your top 3 wishlist for this off-season

sturt

• Premium Member

...whether via free agency, draft or trade...

And if trade, please limit your pool of candidates to those who've actually been cited in some source other than your own self, and preferably an actual NBA media personality (writer, commentator, etc.).

Don't bother telling us who you'd trade from our roster... leave that for a post to the Trade Ideas forum if you want to go there. For the purposes of this thread, just your top 3 wishlist will suffice please, and then a little as to why you chose each.

Edited by sturt

I really want Marshon Brooks he is from GA.He is young but proved in his rookie year in NJ that he can score.He is a guy that we originally coveted in the Joe trade..Nets resisted. .Due to Various log jams he hasnt gotten alot of time the last 2 seasons but I love his size at 6'5, his shot creating ability and think he would pair nicely with Teague or be a good gunner upgrade over Cartier Martin for the vet minimum. .I've been wanting Brooks for years..

I would consider Horford for two picks in this draft; but the 76ers are the only team with two picks high enough to do that and they are intent on rebuilding through the draft. So I am not posting that scenario.

My best case is to move Schröder for 8. 2nd is Millsap for 8 or higher.

My pipe dream draft is:

#8 Saric or Young.

# 15 we take Hood or Lavine.

If we can do that and still keep Horford, Teague, Korver; then sign Kaman, that may one day be a contender depending on how well our young players develop.

It always depends on how well a team drafts; as AHF has already pointed out in multiple recent post.

Edited by Buzzard

• Admin

Aaron Affalo -- two way guard ... Defends, shoots for range, penetrates, willing passer, chemistry guy.

Marcin Gortat -- big banger, inside presence on both offense and defense. Allows Horford to move to 4 and sap strengthens our bench

Jordan hill -- energy guy off the bench who can come in and spell 4 or 5. Rebounds, rebounds, rebounds

• Like 2

There're a couple of ways I wouldn't mind seeing the offseason go, but here's a few things...

1) Draft Kyle Anderson with the #15. There are some other options I like, but he'd be our third string point guard and backup SF/PF from the get-go. He'd help with rebounding and shot creation. With his skill-level and feel for the game, his upside is quite high. Then draft a 2 with some upside in the 2nd; Bogdanovic if he slips, Thanasis, Brown. Alternatively, move up a bit to nab Stauskas or Vonleh and draft Inglis in the second.

2) Bring Bebe over. Our C rotation would be set with a healthy Horford.

3) For FA, Trade Lou and Jenkins to sign Melo (pipe dream). More realistically, resign Mike Scott/Mack for cheap and make a run at the ECF.

Melo and Kaman are the last two I want to wear an Hawks uniform.. Throw throw in the 7ft three point chucker in there as well

Edited by IheartFerry

1. Russell Westbrook

Elite guard who can create for others, create his own shot, and defend. He is s more athletic Tony Parker........who is perfect for the Spurs system. I like Teague but Westbrook is everything we want Teague to be in a consistant basis.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

My turn?

1. Thad Young... exceptional, physical 3 who will play some 4... character guy who has waited long enough playing in the backwaters of Philly, and will finally get his due when he gets to a playoff contender... I'd like that to be us.

2. Dario Saric... I'm sold on this guy as a Toni Kukoc clone with a little more moxie... given that his minutes, too, would likely come at the 3, I realize that that creates a bit of a log jam, but this is one of the guys I think will be special 5 years from now from this draft.

3. Marcin Gortat... while I like Jordan Hill, remember that we're talking "wish list," right?... and under those terms, I don't have to be too concerned that Gortat's going to get a bigger contract... and since I want a true C to plug-in for those games that call for one, and since it's all the better that we'd be taking him away from the up-and-comer Bullets, er, Wizards... I'll take Gortat.

Edited by sturt

I would add two free agents:

1. P.J Tucker (SF): Physical team player. Can defend multiple positions including Lebron.

2. Spencer Hawes ©: Stretch 5 who rebounds well and passes well.

Draft:

1. Adreian Payne (PF): Athletic big with 3pt range. Great character.

• Premium Member

I would add two free agents:

1. P.J Tucker (SF): Physical team player. Can defend multiple positions including Lebron.

2. Spencer Hawes ©: Stretch 5 who rebounds well and passes well.

Draft:

1. Adreian Payne (PF): Athletic big with 3pt range. Great character.

Hawes does pass well... but rebounds well? As C's go, the stats I looked at say that he's one of the worst... it's essentially the reason I haven't gotten excited about the rumors that we're going to pursue him. But I'd love to be shown evidence to the contrary.

• Moderators

When considering my dream scenario (realistically speaking), I'd be looking at fixing the issues I see:

1. Lack of rebounding and boxing out
  2. Defensive anchor
  3. Undersized in many positions
  4. Lack of go-to scorer
  5. Post game

For the draft:

With pick 15, I'd look to add a SF/SG with size that Bud could comb into a system player. His Kawhi Leonard that can be a bench guy for 2-3 seasons. Guys I'd be looking at to for this:

• Rodney Hood - Taller Kendall Gill. Good finisher around the hoop and can shoot. Plays good defense and wants to be the next star. Inconsistent and turns phantom at times. Also had an injury. I see Rodney as a starter by season 3.
  • James Young - Youngest guy in this draft. Is 6'7" and could still be growing. Could be the next DeRozan-type breakout player, but could also be Nick Young. Needs to develop defense, but a good scorer with good skills. A guy that is raw and could flourish under Bud's development and coaching.
  • T.J Warren - Quick as lightning and runs the break very well. Good finisher, capable scorer, and has great instincts on defense. Would work well in our system of floor spacing and ball movement. Needs to improve handling. SF/PF tweener, but favors SF skills.

In free agency, I'd be looking for quick, temporary fixes.

• Jordan Hill - Excellent rebounder and post scorer. Poor man's Demarcus Cousins. Good shot blocker and an improvement over Brand. 6'10" and would be an asset for the bench. Potential starter depending on what happens to Sap. 2 yr/$10.0 mil.
  • Evan Turner - I like him in the backcourt to give us size paired with Teague. A starter that got a raw deal in Indy and is known to be inefficient; those two facts alone will guarantee Turner goes cheap. Would move KK to the bench to be our 6th man. 3 yr/$16.5 mil with 3rd year as a TO. If Turner continues to struggle, move KK back to starter and cut him after year 2.

So, my top 3 wishlist current would be:

• SG/SF to develop into our Kawhi Leonard with pick 15. Hood, Young, or Warren.
  • Fix the rebounding problem. Sign Jordan Hill.
  • Sign a starter and add size to the backcourt. Evan Turner. Gives the Hawks a stop-gap go-to scorer while our Kawhi Leonard develops.

Then:

C - Horford

PF - Sap

SF - DMC

SG - Turner

PG - Teague

6th - Korver

7th - Mack

8th - 2014 1st round pick

9th - Hill

10th - Scott

11th - Pero

12th - Jenkins/Schröder

13th - Bebe

3rd seed in the East, second round exit. Could possibly be a ECF team if stay healthy and Miami/Indy don't. I'd LOVE to see how well Hill/Horford/DMC backcourt would work.

*Muscala and Schröder/Jenkins to the D-League.

I'd LOVE to see how well Hill/Horford/DMC backcourt would work.

Great. It was bad enough playing Horford at the center spot, now you wanna try him in the backcourt? Lol. Lets get Spud Webb out of retirement and run him at the center spot...

Hawes does pass well... but rebounds well? As C's go, the stats I looked at say that he's one of the worst... it's essentially the reason I haven't gotten excited about the rumors that we're going to pursue him. But I'd love to be shown evidence to the contrary.

Hawes averaged 8.3 (6.6 def) rebounds in 31 min this past season. Horford averaged 8.4 (6.1 def) in 33 min this past season. Hawes is a good but not great rebounder. His passing skills make him a great fit for Bud's offense.

• Moderators
I'd LOVE to see how well Hill/Horford/DMC backcourt would work.

Great. It was bad enough playing Horford at the center spot, now you wanna try him in the backcourt? Lol. Lets get Spud Webb out of retirement and run him at the center spot...

Yeah yeah... You know what I meant wise ass. lol :D I wrote that article after midnight and half a fifth. Cut me some slack!

A Hill/Horford/DMC frontcourt would be interesting. Puts the burden of scoring solely on Horford though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Continued marked improvement from Teague, DeMarre, Mike, Shelvin, and Dennis.

Ferry doing what he has to do to get an immediate impact two-way rookie on the wing, whether we have to part with Al or Sap.

Sir Lancealot, Monroe, and Jordan Hill.

With much better health than last year, a very competitive semifinals is our floor.

If that all falls through, give me LeBron and I'll deal with it.

• Premium Member

Hawes averaged 8.3 (6.6 def) rebounds in 31 min this past season. Horford averaged 8.4 (6.1 def) in 33 min this past season. Hawes is a good but not great rebounder. His passing skills make him a great fit for Bud's offense.

I can't even buy "good." I wish I could. There have been times when I've advocated for picking him up. As I look at basketball-reference per-36-min stats, Hawes is staring up at about 85 other players with better rebound stats for almost any year I look at, most of them being centers.