• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Anderson to work out with hawks thursday

GrimeyKidd

I am watching Gordon who has potential to be one of the best defenders in the NBA on Anderson. Anderson has great moves and nifty ball handling skill. I think he can really translate in due time. Even in his bad reels, he is getting to a spot. It seems like Zona did a great job forcing him to score and not create for others. Scottie Pippen-esque performance by Gordon but Anderson skill level is really quite high. I really see someone who could be a star with development. Maybe even a superstar if we are considering Kevin Love to be a superstar but development and where he lands is vital.

Anderson defense was much worst v. Zona then those highlights could show. Anderson was getting battered out there.

• Like 2

I am watching Gordon who has potential to be one of the best defenders in the NBA on Anderson. Anderson has great moves and nifty ball handling skill. I think he can really translate in due time. Even in his bad reels, he is getting to a spot. It seems like Zona did a great job forcing him to score and not create for others. Scottie Pippen-esque performance by Gordon but Anderson skill level is really quite high. I really see someone who could be a star with development. Maybe even a superstar if we are considering Kevin Love to be a superstar but development and where he lands is vital.

Anderson defense was much worst v. Zona then those highlights could show. Anderson was getting battered out there.

Defensively is where it seems like he's really going to struggle. That could end up being a big enough issue to where we don't want to draft him, but if the coaches feel like he can be coached to defend better in a team defensive scheme then the offensive potential could certainly make them pull the trigger.

Chad Ford is saying that Anderson may slip to the second round. He has him currently projected at #28. FWIW with Ford.

This kid is gonna be a star then if that's what Ford thinks.

• Like 1

Video

That video certainly showed a lot of the areas where he's going to struggle. I wonder if we'll see teams play him at PG with a true SF on the floor so that the defense cannot put someone his size on them unless they go without a PG as well. His defense wasn't horrible either just looks like he needs to work on moving his feet and not reaching so much.

That video certainly showed a lot of the areas where he's going to struggle. I wonder if we'll see teams play him at PG with a true SF on the floor so that the defense cannot put someone his size on them unless they go without a PG as well. His defense wasn't horrible either just looks like he needs to work on moving his feet and not reaching so much.

While it showed some bad, it also showed a lot of good. Gordon is an elite defensive prospect in the NBA, and Kyle Anderson could take him off dribble and create his own shot fairly easily. He also showed good rebounding technique to dominate the better athlete on the boards.

• Like 1

He will be a liability on defense even more at other positions. I hear ppl say he could play PF but his post D is even worse and he's as strong as Durant. Maybe he can take more body then KD but not by much. He will be a SF in the NBA but your defensive system better be good

While it showed some bad, it also showed a lot of good. Gordon is an elite defensive prospect in the NBA, and Kyle Anderson could take him off dribble and create his own shot fairly easily. He also showed good rebounding technique to dominate the better athlete on the boards.

You're right it did that. Gordon was usually in position to contest his shot though. I think he'll struggle if he's matched up against top defensive players like that but if you put him at PG and have a full-sized SF out there then the defense can't defend him with a big guy. It's funny that Anderson is so technically sound in all areas except defense where he looks like he's just learning how to play trying to defend with his hands instead of his feet. I'm hoping that's something that can be worked on and not a limitation based on his quickness.

He will be a liability on defense even more at other positions. I hear ppl say he could play PF but his post D is even worse and he's as strong as Durant. Maybe he can take more body then KD but not by much. He will be a SF in the NBA but your defensive system better be good

With his length he'll be able to defend PG's better than any position. Won't hurt nearly as much since PG defense is pretty much non-existent in the NBA now anyway.

Not sure Anderson's rebounding will translate, but good to see him fighting for boards well enough. His defense does not look good. Again, I still worry about his off-the-ball ability, but on-ball he looks good. Saric doesn't have the shake to him that Anderson does and probably is not as good of a shooter/lacks upside because of his length, but he's better at everything else. I waver on which I prefer, but right now I'm thinking Saric.

Speaking of Aaron Gordon, HE is the Kawhi of this draft. Smart is sort of a SG version of Kawhi as well. If one of them slips to the 9-12 range, they are the types of guys I'd be willing to move Schröder for.

Not sure Anderson's rebounding will translate, but good to see him fighting for boards well enough. His defense does not look good. Again, I still worry about his off-the-ball ability, but on-ball he looks good. Saric doesn't have the shake to him that Anderson does and probably is not as good of a shooter/lacks upside because of his length, but he's better at everything else. I waver on which I prefer, but right now I'm thinking Saric.

Speaking of Aaron Gordon, HE is the Kawhi of this draft. Smart is sort of a SG version of Kawhi as well. If one of them slips to the 9-12 range, they are the types of guys I'd be willing to move Schröder for.

You think Saric is a better passer with better court vision? I don't see that nor do I see anyone in this draft with a better combo of passing ability and court vision.

Watching Gordon man if we could get a top 8 pick and get him I would absolutely have to. He's a terrific defender. Will he be quick enough to guard SF's in the NBA?

You think Saric is a better passer with better court vision? I don't see that nor do I see anyone in this draft with a better combo of passing ability and court vision.

Watching Gordon man if we could get a top 8 pick and get him I would absolutely have to. He's a terrific defender. Will he be quick enough to guard SF's in the NBA?

Without question Gordon can guard NBA SF's. He might have some of the quickest lateral feet tested for his size and height. He will be a terrific defender.

With his length he'll be able to defend PG's better than any position. Won't hurt nearly as much since PG defense is pretty much non-existent in the NBA now anyway.

He will get killed at PG. Something violent too. You remember Diaw's defense on PG's?

You're right it did that. Gordon was usually in position to contest his shot though. I think he'll struggle if he's matched up against top defensive players like that but if you put him at PG and have a full-sized SF out there then the defense can't defend him with a big guy. It's funny that Anderson is so technically sound in all areas except defense where he looks like he's just learning how to play trying to defend with his hands instead of his feet. I'm hoping that's something that can be worked on and not a limitation based on his quickness.

I think it's fair to say a lot of NBA players will struggle v. Gordon. He has good length, great instincts, elite lateral movement. Closest defender to Scottie Pippen we have seen from the college ranks.

He will get killed at PG. Something violent too. You remember Diaw's defense on PG's?

I think it's fair to say a lot of NBA players will struggle v. Gordon. He has good length, great instincts, elite lateral movement. Closest defender to Scottie Pippen we have seen from the college ranks.

He won't be any worse on defense than any other PG. There's no such thing as good PG defense in the NBA anymore. His length will help him make up for his lack of quickness. And he'll abuse opposing PGs on the offensive end a lot more than he'll get abused by them.

He won't be any worse on defense than any other PG. There's no such thing as good PG defense in the NBA anymore. His length will help him make up for his lack of quickness. And he'll abuse opposing PGs on the offensive end a lot more than he'll get abused by them.

He will be much worse than any defender at PG. Even most of our players on the Hawks. Horford could defend PG's better and you don't want to put Horf defending PG's. His length is meaningless when his lateral quickness is horrible. His lateral quickness is the main reason why many teams don't want him on the perimeter period. He was getting schools off the dribble by Gordon who isn't known for his straight up dribble pen.

He will be much worse than any defender at PG. Even most of our players on the Hawks. Horford could defend PG's better and you don't want to put Horf defending PG's. His length is meaningless when his lateral quickness is horrible. His lateral quickness is the main reason why many teams don't want him on the perimeter period. He was getting schools off the dribble by Gordon who isn't known for his straight up dribble pen.

No he won't he's not that bad. He just needs proper coaching to work on defending with his feet.

No he won't he's not that bad. He just needs proper coaching to work on defending with his feet.

He has sloot feet. How do I know, I had it. He does need proper coaching on defense but he's not a natural at all. He's not even close. Inherit traits with slow feet is cause for concern. He is laterally slower than Korver. I broke down his Zona games and his feet seemed like they had cement in them. His greatest strength on is his instincts and hands. I believe a great coach can turn him into a good team defender but he's massively limited for man to man.

I'm not claiming he'd be a good defender. Just saying there's not many really worth bragging about defensively at PG in the game today. So it's not as bad there as opposed to being abused at SF.

A lot of PG's can really defend but you really can't guard any of these PG's one on one all game long especially without handchecking.