• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Anderson to work out with hawks thursday

GrimeyKidd

I see so if he's at the top of the key and gets a steal everyone will pass him so he'll just pass it ahead I gotcha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't happen much, with our court awareness being very high on D, as soon as we get a steal and we get many, we are off a running. He fits if that's what you are asking.

He gonna need some work like Jenkins did as a rookie but he fits a role. Great PG skills. Solid shooter, need to improve, good scorer, need to improve, can draw fouls, and is explosive off the ground considering how much lateral and straight line speed he clearly lacks. For our system, he could be a very good player. Our system made Mack decent and DMC solid. Those two were borderline NBA players two years ago.

He has All Star potential. His PG skills are special, his scoring and fundamentals can go along way if developed. If not developed, he can and likely will bust out of the NBA in three years.

What video were u watching ??

In nba2k14 if dunk package would be rim grazer. He barley got over the rim!!!

I see so if he's at the top of the key and gets a steal everyone will pass him so he'll just pass it ahead I gotcha

or he'll pass backwards to the trailer. You are saying the other teams center will be able to run him down - I'm saying our center will get the alley-oop.

What video were u watching ??

In nba2k14 if dunk package would be rim grazer. He barley got over the rim!!!

That's not bad considering how unathletic he is otherwise.

@Dolfan23, I know who he reminds me of now. A slower, taller, better rebounder, less tempo, better shooting and scoring Kendall Marshall.

I do think Anderson is more talented and skilled but both are high fundamentals players with critical flaws in their game. I think Anderson transition on average would be even tougher than Kendall's due to his position. Anderson better pray he lands in the right spot.

I watched a couple Miller's vids last night and read some former scouting reports. He was an great post player for a PG. Anderson is a good post player with PG's on him but struggles v. length which he will face in the NBA.

Anderson unlike Miller or Marshall is better with a hand in his face which is a positive with his wingspan.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Just watching UCLA clips and going back to the game I watched v. Mizzou. They are horrible moving without the ball. It makes you wonder how they avg so many assists then you see they cause a shit load of turnovers.

Wow some of the comments in here are just asinine. You gotta have a screw loose to think Anderson is gonna get run down by the opposing C. And even then you must not understand basketball or see how Anderson plays as he's always looking to pass ahead to a finisher. There ain't a player in the league who's as fast as passing the ball ahead. On top of that most teams get what 5 fast break buckets a game in average? That's easily the lowest concern I'd have about him.

And sure he won't be able to defend the elite SFs in the game and we'd all love our own Kawhi but I don't see his clone or anything close available to is in this draft.

• Like 1

That's not bad considering how unathletic he is otherwise.

@Dolfan23, I know who he reminds me of now. A slower, taller, better rebounder, less tempo, better shooting and scoring Kendall Marshall.

I do think Anderson is more talented and skilled but both are high fundamentals players with critical flaws in their game. I think Anderson transition on average would be even tougher than Kendall's due to his position. Anderson better pray he lands in the right spot.

I watched a couple Miller's vids last night and read some former scouting reports. He was an great post player for a PG. Anderson is a good post player with PG's on him but struggles v. length which he will face in the NBA.

Anderson unlike Miller or Marshall is better with a hand in his face which is a positive with his wingspan.

Yeah I can see some similarities with Marshall.

Yes Miller has been one if the better post playing PGs we've seen in a while. But when I compare them I'm just comparing their ability to control the tempo even though they're both slow.

• Like 1

The kid isnt a high flyer or sprinter, boo hoo.

His basketball skills are natural and well above average.

His physical traits are outstanding (6-8, 230, 7-2" wingspan)

He is young enough that his weaknesses can ALL be improved:

He can add more muscle, he can improve lower body stregnth which will enhance his post defense and overall athleticism.

Most of his weaknesses are overrated

Loose handles? Dude has a freakish wingspan of course his handles appear loose look at Durants handles

Poor Defense? Dude gets alot of blocks and steals even though he "cant jump" again due to his legnth

Slow release? High release, plus why the hell would a kid with his passing ability take a highly contested jumpshot with all the shooters we have on our team around him. Pumpfake drive kick, he did it a UCLA he already knows this.

Atheticism? How the hell does Paul Peirce always manage to get open and find his shot, being fast isnt the only way to beat a defender

Too Fat? Yeeeaaahhh, Parker is 241 lbs, nobody bats an eye, it aint muscle either. Anderson is 230, same height, also not all muscle but not an issue like some suggest.

Bottom line, ppl drool over athletic guys who may not be able to even play the game or have any nba caliber skills, yet blush at a kid who has the body frame and feel for the game you want in a prospect. When its all said and done, we probably dont even draft him, so no matter where you stand dont get your panties in a wad

Excellent post @RedDawg#8

Yeah I can see some similarities with Marshall.

Yes Miller has been one if the better post playing PGs we've seen in a while. But when I compare them I'm just comparing their ability to control the tempo even though they're both slow.

If you give him a year to transition from college to pro as well as a role that fits around his skill-set, he could be really good in his 2nd year. I mean, 14-7-6 good. Pretty damn good. Defensively, he really going to have to work on team defense. His man defense is what it is but if he can really improve his team defense reads with his good stealing instincts and wingspan, he could be solid. Not saying Larry Bird defensive potential but I think he could be at a high level for team defense. I would love to see his offensive rebounds improve as we should if he's moved to SF. Defensive rebounds are a plus due to his great fundamentals and instincts.

He could be really good but I could see him being really bad as well. As a SF, they don't get as many chances like PG's. They have to produce. There are a lot of good talents at SF like Mo Harkless that are riding the bench right now with less flaws than Anderson.

If you give him a year to transition from college to pro as well as a role that fits around his skill-set, he could be really good in his 2nd year. I mean, 14-7-6 good. Pretty damn good. Defensively, he really going to have to work on team defense. His man defense is what it is but if he can really improve his team defense reads with his good stealing instincts and wingspan, he could be solid. Not saying Larry Bird defensive potential but I think he could be at a high level for team defense. I would love to see his offensive rebounds improve as we should if he's moved to SF. Defensive rebounds are a plus due to his great fundamentals and instincts.

He could be really good but I could see him being really bad as well. As a SF, they don't get as many chances like PG's. They have to produce. There are a lot of good talents at SF like Mo Harkless that are riding the bench right now with less flaws than Anderson.

You earn playing time in this league with defense. Mo harkless is a better defender and he rides pine. Look how long it took mike scott to get on the floor and he is a weapon offensively. Bud wont play him until he isnt a liability.

kyle's go-to move is bumping you on the drive with the left shoulder and flipping up a shot with the right using the glass. That is food in the nba.

His passing is phenomenal and I wouldnt mind him off the bench. There are just too many potential starters in this draft with actual physical tools that I believe snyder and bud can mold.

The way his iq is talked about, you'd think we were drafting a 10 yr vet. How slow will he be when he gets old? mine as well bring in paul pierce instead LOL

You earn playing time in this league with defense. Mo harkless is a better defender and he rides pine. Look how long it took mike scott to get on the floor and he is a weapon offensively. Bud wont play him until he isnt a liability.

kyle's go-to move is bumping you on the drive with the left shoulder and flipping up a shot with the right using the glass. That is food in the nba.

His passing is phenomenal and I wouldnt mind him off the bench. There are just too many potential starters in this draft with actual physical tools that I believe snyder and bud can mold.

The way his iq is talked about, you'd think we were drafting a 10 yr vet. How slow will he be when he gets old? mine as well bring in paul pierce instead LOL

I think the reason why many like myself think he has a chance is five reasons.

A. He fits our system.

B. He is a very good true PG skill-set wise.

C. He is a solid scorer at the college level and can shoot with a hand in his face well. Add the fact that he can put the ball on the floor and make the best read is good for this system. That is something we currently lack. For as good as a passing team we are, we don't have any great or very good individual passers much less playmakers.

D. He has very high BBIQ out of college. This suit well for the NBA and our system.

E. Can play defense off the ball at an below average level but must greatly improve but that's a big part of our game.

He can develop into a very good player for us. I think that's why there is intrigue. I wouldn't be high on him if this was the 2010 Atlanta Hawks at all. But for this team and system, he could develop.

I agree, defense will be needed from him. Maybe not as much man D but his team D must improve. He has the hands, instincts, and wingspan. We need him to improve his defensive attention to detail to the level Kyle is on right now. That takes time and experience.

The talent and skill is there even with the grand flaws.

He is slow, we know that already. It's not like we are a fast pace team. We are a mid and slow tempo team with heavy player and ball movement. Based on his college tapes, he needs to work on his off ball movement. He has great understanding but movement in this offense is key.

Is he going to defend PGs or SFs, etc?

I would not count of opposing pgs guarding him. They will be on Teague/Mack/Dennis.

SF's. Which is a problem in year 1. He will be a rotational player a spot bench guy. Think Ayón's mins.

You earn PT for the Hawks by fitting in a role. That's why Mack got more mins than Dennis. Mack fit the role and Dennis didn't. If defense is how you get PT, Scott would have never seen the floor this season. He even got mins at SF which he couldn't defend worth a damn, even less than Anderson. The Hawks are all about the system and making you comfortable in it. It's like Mike D. system but we can adjust the system for the player unless he wants to ball stop like Lou.

• Moderators

SF's. Which is a problem in year 1. He will be a rotational player a spot bench guy. Think Ayón's mins.

He will be interesting because I would expect to see him defended by much longer defenders as well. Definitely a transition on both ends of the court.

• Like 1

He will be interesting because I would expect to see him defended by much longer defenders as well. Definitely a transition on both ends of the court.

Yet. People on here are hyped about his measurements but they equal Ariza without the lateral quickness and straight line speed. He got some issues but he got some great traits.

Someone wants to know his potential. I don't know. He is like Lance Stephenson. Once he is in a great situation, his limitations aren't that great but he could also bust like Lance could have. I would be more scared to draft Kyle because of his grade than Lance since Lance was a 2nd rounder. Kyle is far more advanced at this stage but with more weaknesses than Lance.

• Moderators

Yet. People on here are hyped about his measurements but they equal Ariza without the lateral quickness and straight line speed. He got some issues but he got some great traits.

Someone wants to know his potential. I don't know. He is like Lance Stephenson. Once he is in a great situation, his limitations aren't that great but he could also bust like Lance could have. I would be more scared to draft Kyle because of his grade than Lance since Lance was a 2nd rounder. Kyle is far more advanced at this stage but with more weaknesses than Lance.

Chad Ford is saying that Anderson may slip to the second round. He has him currently projected at #28. FWIW with Ford.

Chad Ford is saying that Anderson may slip to the second round. He has him currently projected at #28. FWIW with Ford.

I would agree. I can see why he would be a top 15 pick but I can see him sliding out of the 1st round. Off of talent and skill, he could be a top 10 pick in this draft. But his limitations are grand and he won't adjust quickly to the NBA.