• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Anderson to work out with hawks thursday

GrimeyKidd

Why? Because I watched ucla all season. Him playing pf is a joke, he cant play that in the nba. Highest % body fat at the combine (shows his priorities are in order). "Lights out shooter"< clearly shows you dont know what hes capable of. He was not a volume shooter from 3. Passing is not a weakness in this ball club. He is not a real rebounder as he took advantage of shorter defenders which he wont see in the league.

There is no bias in my observations because I want the most talented players here as Hawks.

Well you've got lots of excuses for why he had all the success he had but regardless of your opinion on him obviously Ferry likes him and realizes his numbers weren't a fluke. That means a hell of a lot more than any opinion on here, including my own.

• Like 1

Never watched him then so I can't comment on that.

That was the Suns run and gun team I believe he's referring to. Diaw was very good then but certainly no smaller than Anderson.

And to those thinking he's a PF, he'd most likely be a point forward 3 for us, not some stretch 4.

• Moderators

What position could he guard? Much easier to hide someone in college play than in the NBA but I don't know enough about the guy to say whether he is a viable wing defensively. It seems like we will have our choice of some guys with the tools to be two-way players and I want to make sure we are doing that.

I'm going on record we will not draft Anderson. Inviting him twice has smoke screen written all over it.

This team needs to improve in a few areas this off season.

1) Find a guy that can score when the offense breaks down. I.E. end of game situations.

2) Get better defensively and athletically at wing positions.

3) Find players that slash and get to the free throw line at a high rate.

3) Get better rebounding.

IMO Anderson only helps with rebounding of our major needs. I don't envision him blowing by people and getting his own shot in the NBA. I guess he could push us from 2nd in the NBA in assists to first and we need another jump shooter only on this team like a hole in the head.

I would like Ferry to target McDermott, Gary Harris and TJ Warren at 15. I maybe would accept Hood.

If those guys are gone I would try my hardest to trade down with OKC and target Adreian Payne & GRob III.

My preference in a trade down would be the two above, but I would also be happy with Kj McDaniels, Harriston, or McGary.

People that didnt watch kyle anderson are swearing by him because the numbers and highlights wow them.

Y is it when I give actual reasoning as to why he wont be that good, you guys pull out the "well, ferry must like him if hes getting a workout." Lol Thats not the point of this thread. Speak on actual observations because that workout thing can be said about every prospect.

• Premium Member

Ferry doesn't work guys out twice that he's not interested in. Hate on him if you'd like but Ferry clearly sees something in him.

That's right. Ferry wouldn't waste time with some silly smokescreen. Kyle is a step slow but brings a lot of skillZ to the table. I'd compare him to Lamar Odom.

• Like 1

That's right. Ferry wouldn't waste time with some silly smokescreen. Kyle is a step slow but brings a lot of skillZ to the table. I'd compare him to Lamar Odom.

We may not know who Ferry really likes or doesn't like but one thing I know about Ferry is that he doesn't waste his time. Last year we knew he wanted a C and he brought in Nog for 2 workouts. He also had Olynyk in for a 2nd last chance workout the night before the draft last year and I'm pretty sure he would have taken him with one of our picks if he'd still been there. The year before he had Jenkins (and Fournier) in for 2 workouts.

What's interesting is that we're this early in the process and he's already getting a 2nd workout. I'd really be interested in hearing whom these guys are working out against as that's very telling with Ferry.

I'm mixed on Kyle Anderson. I like the versatility, and ability to be a triple double threat. However I don't like his speed and the fact that he is compared to Boris Diaw. Don't get me wrong Diaw is a great player now but about 10 years ago I used to curse him every night. I blamed him for the Hawks struggles for nearly 2 years so you can probably understand why I feel squirmish every time there is a comparison.

I'm mixed on Kyle Anderson. I like the versatility, and ability to be a triple double threat. However I don't like his speed and the fact that he is compared to Boris Diaw. Don't get me wrong Diaw is a great player now but about 10 years ago I used to curse him every night. I blamed him for the Hawks struggles for nearly 2 years so you can probably understand why I feel squirmish every time there is a comparison.

I don't know if anyone else but me is comparing him to Diaw. NBADraft.net compares him to Jalen Rose / Lamar Odom if that makes you feel more comfortable.

Maybe this will help as well?

Kyle Anderson is ranked #2 in the country by Rivals, but Kevin Durant sees it differently, he recently dubbed Anderson the best player in the country in the class of 2012. It's easy to see why the 6'8 point guard from New Jersey gets such high praise. Nicknamed "Slow-Mo", Anderson isn't the most athletic player on the court in most cases but his basketball IQ and advanced skill set keep him a notch above the competition.

Doing his thing against Duke. To hear guys like Vitale and KD say such incredible things about Anderson makes me wonder where some people are coming up with their opinions of him.

That rebound and immediate pass ahead to Levine around the 2:15 mark is just amazing. Kid has unreal court vision and passing ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EoxHiXIqfQ

• Like 1

Not sure if his UCLA highlights were posted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgKDPE8X5IM

Nice video, Dolf.

I already like Anderson but watching him again some more and thinking about how he would fit the Hawks offense makes me like him even more. An awesome ball distributor is what he is. He can pass the ball from anywhere on the court and to any location on the court. People talk about "versatile shooters" and he's what I call a 'versatile passer.' He'll drive inside and get the defense to collapse on him but slip the ball to an unguarded Millsap or Horford standing under the rim. He'll drive inside and get the defense to collapse, only to then dish the ball to a completely open Kyle Korver for an uncontested 3. Or he can thread the ball through the defense to a slashing Jeff Teague.

As for his slow-paced game. That can throw defenses off at times and especially whenever he's handling the ball at a slow pace, causes the defense to fall asleep, and then quickly pass the ball to one of his 4 teammates who slipped by the defense unnoticed because all eyes were waiting on Anderson to finally make a chess move. He may be "slow" but his passes are definitely quick and often unexpected.

• Like 2