• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Anderson to work out with hawks thursday

GrimeyKidd

Boris Diaw is 6' whatever and probably closing in on 300 lbs and he's slow as dirt but he's very effective in the Spurs system.

Anderson has major triple double potential as he's one of the best passers and shooters in the draft and he is one if the best rebounding wings as well.

Not one of, he is the BEST passer in this draft. He also gets blocks amd rebounds at a high rate for his potential. Ppl complain about him being slow as if he played in Europe or something. Dude played against the same level of comp as

Young, Warren, and Hood produced. His game may look slow but his mental is faster than the other 9 guys on the floor. Ppl always talk about waiting for the game to slow down for a player but when a player like Anderson comes around and the game has already slowed down for him its a problem. Dudes vision is on another level and his tempo makes the defense fall asleep. He is going to succeed at the next level watch

• Like 3

The only thing that bothers me about Anderson from the videos I've seen of him is he seems to play lazy on defense. I know he is slow but so are a lot of these prospects at SF.

His film is by far the worst defensive film I've watched on a sf prospect. Most of the time he's not even in a stance or sliding his feet. Guys are already by him and he hasn't moved. He seems content to just be lazy and reach on D.

McDermott,Warren and even Hood are much better defensively and don't have near as many questions offensively.

Couple this with how much his game will have to change to get his shot off in the nba; I think I would pass.

if he really is playing with 13% body fat right now, he could easily improve his speed and strength. i haven't seen him play enough to say all that much, but i like his highlights.

Wait they are listing him at 13% body fat? I call bs...he's gotta be between 16-19%

Not one of, he is the BEST passer in this draft. He also gets blocks amd rebounds at a high rate for his potential. Ppl complain about him being slow as if he played in Europe or something. Dude played against the same level of comp as

Young, Warren, and Hood produced. His game may look slow but his mental is faster than the other 9 guys on the floor. Ppl always talk about waiting for the game to slow down for a player but when a player like Anderson comes around and the game has already slowed down for him its a problem. Dudes vision is on another level and his tempo makes the defense fall asleep. He is going to succeed at the next level watch

pac-12 <<<<SEC and ACC

He's a dope PG/SF. He can play PG on offense and SF on defense. A great fit to be honest since PG skills are wack and Dennis is still learning. Anderson is one of the sleeper prospects. If he had a position, he would be a top 5 pick with ease.

I watch a lot of ucla and I can tell you this kid got by on length. He doesnt play big as he is not strong. Im telling you, that nba defenses will expose him. He will be left open and he not fast enough to take advantage of close outs. Coach bud will make anybody we draft a good passer. Our team is deficient in other areas. If we blow this pick with all this talent available it will set us back.

Give me lavine, young, harris, stauskas, hood over him. I only take kyle over gr3, saric, and warren

While I see your point, I would not dismiss this kid. Some of his issues can be worked on.

Great post. Anderson isn't the most athletic person but he IS a basketball player. He knows how to play the game and he's a great ball distributor, everyone knows that. We saw how basketball IQ trumped pure athleticism by moving away from the athletic Smoove and acquiring the brainy Paul Millsap. I really like the Diaw comparison that you made, excellent point.

As ATLien mentioned below, his lackluster defense would be the main concern. All prospects are going to have some kind of concern in their game and offense isn't Anderson's. If he could be coached up with defense then he'd be a solid/smart pick at #15.

• Like 1

Why on earth would we want a guy who's only a triple double candidate on any given night? I mean the important part of basketball is that a player is fast as that's how you win games. This makes me sick that we are seriously looking at this guy who's only likely to make us significantly better at passing and long range shooting. {/sarcasm}

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2014/6/1/5769144/2014-nba-draft-kyle-anderson-atlanta-hawks-2nd-workout

Anderson averaged 14.6 points, 8.8 rebounds and 6.5 assists for UCLA and was compared to Magic Johnson for his versatility by famed high school coach Bob Hurley whom he played for at St. Anthony.

Why on earth would we want a guy who's only a triple double candidate on any given night? I mean the important part of basketball is that a player is fast as that's how you win games. This makes me sick that we are seriously looking at this guy who's only likely to make us significantly better at passing and long range shooting. {/sarcasm}

wow this guy seems like the lebron of this draft. I wonder why he isnt going in the top 10 if he is as good as you say he is.

wow this guy seems like the lebron of this draft. I wonder why he isnt going in the top 10 if he is as good as you say he is.

Because he's not Lebron? Seriously what do you have against a guy who shoots 3's lights out, rebounds, maybe has the best passing in the draft and has the size to play 1-4 easily? I know he's not quick and he apparently doesn't defend that well but at the 15th pick in the draft he's a damned good prospect.

Because he's not Lebron? Seriously what do you have against a guy who shoots 3's lights out, rebounds, maybe has the best passing in the draft and has the size to play 1-4 easily? I know he's not quick and he apparently doesn't defend that well but at the 15th pick in the draft he's a damned good prospect.

Why? Because I watched ucla all season. Him playing pf is a joke, he cant play that in the nba. Highest % body fat at the combine (shows his priorities are in order). "Lights out shooter"< clearly shows you dont know what hes capable of. He was not a volume shooter from 3. Passing is not a weakness in this ball club. He is not a real rebounder as he took advantage of shorter defenders which he wont see in the league.

There is no bias in my observations because I want the most talented players here as Hawks.

I guess the issue is that I believe Ferry was on record after the Indiana series saying that he'd like to address getting more athleticism on the wings and this doesn't seem to fit in.

He does have a benefit over a guy such as Kendall Marshall in that he shot well in college though so that may mask a bit of the athleticism issues. His ball handling would be a great benefit?as Bud often had to employ the mini-me backcourts in order to reduce Jeffrey's burden so theoretically if he can hold up to NBA pressure he can slide in for either Kyle or DMC without us having to downsize.

I'm not in love with him but I can see him being a Mike Miller type of multi-tool prospect.

I'd like to have him on our team because of his versatility. Sure he's got weaknesses but there's no player at #15 that is going to fill every need that we have. We do have a major need another ball-handler and Anderson definitely gives that. As far as his speed, I often wonder if he's really as slow as he seems or if that's his playing style?

• Like 1