• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Anderson to work out with hawks thursday

GrimeyKidd

Please do not draft this bum. He is slow as hell when we need athleticism.

the rebounding ability is overstated because he was rebounding over shorter guards whereas that wont be the case in the nba. He is too weak to even be realistically capable of playing the 4. His jumper is slow and I dont trust it against nba competition.

this guy has bust written all over him. Our passing is fine as it is, lets get athletic this summer. We were frustrated with josh taking the ball away from teague, lets not get another one especially when our future pg is supposed to be rondo like.

Please do not draft this bum. He is slow as hell when we need athleticism.

the rebounding ability is overstated because he was rebounding over shorter guards whereas that wont be the case in the nba. He is too weak to even be realistically capable of playing the 4. His jumper is slow and I dont trust it against nba competition.

this guy has bust written all over him. Our passing is fine as it is, lets get athletic this summer. We were frustrated with josh taking the ball away from teague, lets not get another one especially when our future pg is supposed to be rondo like.

Knowing how to play > Athleticism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFGl9ndbjZ0

Kid can play.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I think this is a high character, high IQ guy. I really doubt that Ferry cares a lot about athletic ability. He seems to care more about Skillset than whether a guy can run a good 40.

I think this is a high character, high IQ guy. I really doubt that Ferry cares a lot about athletic ability. He seems to care more about Skillset than whether a guy can run a good 40.

For good reason. I'm a big fan of this guy, hope we draft him, though some other players in the range look solid.

What was the point of drafting a rondo type pg if we are going to take the ball out of his hands? Kyle isn't as effective off the ball.

Not right now, but he can hit shots when left open already. If he can learn to move without the ball a bit better then great, and I think he can. He could also learn to use a post game with his length. That aside, though, we need somebody else who can create from the wing, preferably one with size. Anderson is already one of the best in the draft at that and he's slipping to our pick in every mock.

Not right now, but he can hit shots when left open already. If he can learn to move without the ball a bit better then great, and I think he can. He could also learn to use a post game with his length. That aside, though, we need somebody else who can create from the wing, preferably one with size. Anderson is already one of the best in the draft at that and he's slipping to our pick in every mock.

I watch a lot of ucla and I can tell you this kid got by on length. He doesnt play big as he is not strong. Im telling you, that nba defenses will expose him. He will be left open and he not fast enough to take advantage of close outs. Coach bud will make anybody we draft a good passer. Our team is deficient in other areas. If we blow this pick with all this talent available it will set us back.

Give me lavine, young, harris, stauskas, hood over him. I only take kyle over gr3, saric, and warren

I see Anderson as very pick able prospect. Small forward with passing ability and is overly unselfish from what I've seen, very Ginobli esque, but yes he is slow.

If the main criticism is that he's slow, the ball moves faster than players do, and we are a predominantly passing team, so it shouldn't be too hard to adjust him in.

• Like 1

he is also fat and weak right now. possibly lowering his body fat and getting him stronger would help his speed. amazing that he could leave ucla in that type of shape.

Have you been to the food spots on Westwood/Wilshire? Not that amazing he left as a piglet. When I visit there for a weekend I gain 5 pounds lol

The condition of his body is a good indicator of his work ethic. I mean even jabari came to his workouts 15 lbs lighter. All these Top flight prospects in this draft and yall want this guy smh

If he's not there mentally (the coaches are working on that in the interviewing process/workouts) then we won't pick him, that's how the Spurs do it. But if he shows a willingness to work then he's got a skillset that lines up with some of our needs and has shown he can produce.

I agree he's soft (right now at least), but let's not act like dudes like Lavine and Early aren't without their flaws.

If he's not there mentally (the coaches are working on that in the interviewing process/workouts) then we won't pick him, that's how the Spurs do it. But if he shows a willingness to work then he's got a skillset that lines up with some of our needs and has shown he can produce.

I agree he's soft (right now at least), but let's not act like dudes like Lavine and Early aren't without their flaws.

I feel you as far as our coaches knowing what they want during interviews but the same can be said about any other candidate.

I feel kyle anderson is redundant to a certain degree because he is good passer (we are top 5 asst) and hes unathletic like the rest of our wings. Ferry himself recently mentioned we NEED to get athletic. We also need good shooting with defensive potential. There are plenty that bring those qualities.

as far as this staff, I am confident they can teach passing and improve shooting as was done with demarre. Now we've also discussed that a kawhi type player is what is ideal for coach bud at sf. Kyle is not that. James young can be for example.