• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Anderson to work out with hawks thursday

GrimeyKidd

Going under the PnR doesn't lead to 3pt shooting. Parker excels at the PnR because of his improved mid-range.

How is Anderson's mid-range?

From what I see he's got a somewhat slow release, but since he'd often be defended by a PG he can easily rise up over them and his stroke is terrific. It looks like he improved greatly from year 1 to year 2 at pulling up off the dribble and shooting. That was one of the things talked about in one of his videos how he's worked on it.

• Like 1

Yeah clearly he can't shoot the 3 since he only improved to 49% from 3 last year. But let me guess what your response will be. Oh he was always wide open from 3 and that's how he got those shots.

I guess Andre Miller couldn't run the PnR either since he's the same type of ball handler as Anderson, playing at their own pace and changing it up when needed to get by someone.

With all these flaws I'm just not sure how Anderson led his conference in assists and was one of the best 3pt shooters in the country last year.

Please keep watering down your rep here when it comes to scouting prospects.

We doing this for rep lol.

did you watch ucla at all? Im pretty sure you didnt.

if he is such a great shooter why did he only take 0.9 per game?

whereas a guy like james young who is more of a natural shooter, make the most 3s of any kentucky freshman ever.

the andre miller of small forwards, eh? As in the undynamic pg that you live and die by when he's on the court.

Look I dont hate the kid. He just belongs in the late teens like draftexpress has him. Dolphan your obsession is clouding your judgement. There are better options. His red flags are too numerous for you to be crowning him one of the best prospects.

Im just trying to give a little balance to the debate, this is all in fun lol

We doing this for rep lol

did you watch ucla at all? Im pretty sure you didnt.

What I'm saying is why should anyone trust your opinion when you're proving to have very basic issues with judging these players.

No I didn't watch UCLA but I've gone back and watched plenty of his videos now and read plenty of him from the guys who actually get paid to scout players for a living.

if he is such a great shooter why did he only take 0.9 per game?

whereas a guy like james young who is more of a natural shooter, make the most 3s of any kentucky freshman ever.

So in addition to struggling to understand how the Spurs / Hawks offense works you also struggle to read as well?

post-5-0-23464900-1401821466_thumb.png

Young attempted SIX threes per game, I sure as hell hope that he would be good at them if he's taking that many. I like Young as a prospect, I just doubt that he'll be there at 15 and even if he is, I'm not certain that he's a better fit than Anderson.

the andre miller of small forwards, eh? As in the undynamic pg that you live and die by when he's on the court.

Look I dont hate the kid. He just belongs in the late teens like draftexpress has him. Dolphan your obsession is clouding your judgement. There are better options. His red flags are too numerous for you to be crowning him one of the best prospects.

Im just trying to give a little balance to the debate, this is all in fun lol

He controls the tempo as the ball handler very much the same way that Andre Miller does. It's obvious he doesn't have the elite ball handling skills or speed to blow past a guy so he uses what he's used his whole life playing basketball and that's the tempo. Maybe he won't be able to get away with it in the NBA but Miller hasn't had any trouble and he's certainly not any quicker than Anderson.

Who said I'm crowning him anything? You think he should be a late teens pick, meaning what 18-19? I'm saying we should take him with the 15th pick. 3-4 whole picks ahead of where you think he should go.

People keep saying a poor man's Magic Johnson and he's got a little of him in him but to me he looks like a taller young Andre Miller with a far better shot. And he controls the tempo offensively remarkably and that will lull defenders into a false sense of security, especially with his passing ability and court vision being able to find guys for easy buckets. He's like the anti-Teague as he's nowhere near as quick but he makes passes that Teague could never dream of. Ironically it looks like Schröder could be a nice mix between Teague and Anderson.

Taller Andre Miller with a better shot is a potential elite player. I don't know about that.

• Like 1

Taller Andre Miller with a better shot is a potential elite player. I don't know about that.

What don't you know about? He's taller than Miller and a better shooter. I don't know if he'll ever be elite in the NBA, probably won't in fact, but those 2 facts are indisputable.

What I'm saying is why should anyone trust your opinion when you're proving to have very basic issues with judging these players.

No I didn't watch UCLA but I've gone back and watched plenty of his videos now and read plenty of him from the guys who actually get paid to scout players for a living.

So in addition to struggling to understand how the Spurs / Hawks offense works you also struggle to read as well?

Kyle Anderson stats.png

Young attempted SIX threes per game, I sure as hell hope that he would be good at them if he's taking that many. I like Young as a prospect, I just doubt that he'll be there at 15 and even if he is, I'm not certain that he's a better fit than Anderson.

He controls the tempo as the ball handler very much the same way that Andre Miller does. It's obvious he doesn't have the elite ball handling skills or speed to blow past a guy so he uses what he's used his whole life playing basketball and that's the tempo. Maybe he won't be able to get away with it in the NBA but Miller hasn't had any trouble and he's certainly not any quicker than Anderson.

Who said I'm crowning him anything? You think he should be a late teens pick, meaning what 18-19? I'm saying we should take him with the 15th pick. 3-4 whole picks ahead of where you think he should go.

why should anyone trust me? You are taking this personal, relax friend. Your opinion outweighs mine and you havent didnt even watch him, get a grip.

You want lavine and anderson together when that duo clearly didnt work together well on the college level.

your right about the late teens thing as I meant late 20s

Andre miller wasnt always this slow btw. He was deceptively quick in Utah. A couple summaries, and a bunch of highlights have you in love with kyle. Its disgusting. Your biased.

perfect fit? I dont see anything kawhi about him to merit that conclusion. How about grab someone with sone elite potential as opposed to a rotational player.

I know basketball, friend. I played and have been watching for years. My credibility should not be what you question. You shouldnt be the one to speak when you havent seen ucla at all lol. I know what translates and this kid wont. Sure that rains on your parade but dont take it personal.

why should anyone trust me? You are taking this personal, relax friend. Your opinion outweighs mine and you havent didnt even watch him, get a grip.

You want lavine and anderson together when that duo clearly didnt work together well on the college level.

your right about the late teens thing as I meant late 20s

Andre miller wasnt always this slow btw. He was deceptively quick in Utah. A couple summaries, and a bunch of highlights have you in love with kyle. Its disgusting. Your biased.

perfect fit? I dont see anything kawhi about him to merit that conclusion. How about grab someone with sone elite potential as opposed to a rotational player.

I know basketball, friend. I played and have been watching for years. My credibility should not be what you question. You shouldnt be the one to speak when you havent seen ucla at all lol. I know what translates and this kid wont. Sure that rains on your parade but dont take it personal.

Congrats on having played and been watching for years. You're probably the only one who's done either.

the kid is an ok prospect. But dolfan has seen enough highlight vids to believe he's magic johnson lite and a perfect for our system LOL.

You really do seem to have reading comprehension problems. I've specifically said I don't agree with the Magic Johnson comparison that someone who gets paid to do this, unlike you, made.

Enjoy sipping on your hateraid. I'm tired of his subject.

But... how was Magic Johnson's defense and was he really athletic? He had a vision of seeing the play before others and setting up other Lakers for "Showtime" highlights right?

Magic Johnson was so gifted, I know Anderson is too but Magic was much better overall. Anderson is like Magic as Embiid like Hakeem. None are close to those guys out of college.

What don't you know about? He's taller than Miller and a better shooter. I don't know if he'll ever be elite in the NBA, probably won't in fact, but those 2 facts are indisputable.

This is BS. Young Andre Miller was giving you 16.5/11/5 with 1.6 steals a game. Add height and shooting ability and you get some freakish player.

• Like 1

I like Anderson but I won't say he's Magic Johnson or a taller Andre Miller. I do like him a lot better than a young Jalen Rose regardless of the fact that he's not as athletic or as quick. He is a much better passer with elite BBIQ potential. I think he could develop into an All Star on the right team in the right system. He could easily be a bust as well.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

Oh boy. It's getting heated in here. For what it's worth I'm on the Dolfan side of things here.

There are some things I worry about with Anderson: his defense looks bad, he's a bit soft so I think his rebounding will come down, and I wonder if he can play off the ball effectively.

HOWEVER, the dude has a handle and some shake to him to beat defenders (his first step is criminally underrated as well) and his shot looks legit. He's got vision too. We need another creator on the wing, Anderson gives us that and Anderson can shoot on top of it.

If he can figure out how to defend adequately and play off the ball some, Anderson has all-star upside IMO.

Fwiw:

Jeff Goodman: Word from Celtics workout is that Kyle Anderson stood out, but all fared well - TJ Warren, PJ Hairston, C Early, D Daniels, KJ McDaniels. Twitter @GoodmanESPN

Boston Celtics, Draft, Workouts, PJ Hairston, Kyle Anderson, TJ Warren, KJ McDaniels, DeAndre Daniels, Cleanthony Early

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.0JO4ajQO.dpuf

Oh boy. It's getting heated in here. For what it's worth I'm on the Dolfan side of things here.

There are some things I worry about with Anderson: his defense looks bad, he's a bit soft so I think his rebounding will come down, and I wonder if he can play off the ball effectively.

HOWEVER, the dude has a handle and some shake to him to beat defenders (his first step is criminally underrated as well) and his shot looks legit. He's got vision too. We need another creator on the wing, Anderson gives us that and Anderson can shoot on top of it.

If he can figure out how to defend adequately and play off the ball some, Anderson has all-star upside IMO.

I think his rebounding will translate in the right system. He has a great nose for the ball, you can't deny that.

He has deceptive handles. That reminds you of Magic.

His first step is average, but it doesn't suck. It's not much different than DMC, true be told.

I do agree, for our system and team, Anderson has All Star potential.

• Like 1

Fwiw:

Jeff Goodman: Word from Celtics workout is that Kyle Anderson stood out, but all fared well - TJ Warren, PJ Hairston, C Early, D Daniels, KJ McDaniels. Twitter @GoodmanESPN

Boston Celtics, Draft, Workouts, PJ Hairston, Kyle Anderson, TJ Warren, KJ McDaniels, DeAndre Daniels, Cleanthony Early

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.0JO4ajQO.dpuf

The way they play, I can see them looking at a SG or SF. Especially a SG. I don't think Anderson has a top 15 grade. He is in the range with McDaniels, Early, and Warren.

This is BS. Young Andre Miller was giving you 16.5/11/5 with 1.6 steals a game. Add height and shooting ability and you get some freakish player.

What's BS? These are the 3 things I said.

Does he control tempo like Andre Miller? - Yes (both are slow ass players who use their BBIQ to set up passes and to get past their defender).

Is he taller than Andre Miller? - Yes (6'9 to 6'2)

Is he a better shooter than Andre Miller? - Yes (Miller college 3pt best season - 31% (average 29%) (NBA average 22%), Anderson 48% (avg 38%))

Now, did I EVER say he'd be as good or better than Miller? Go ahead I'll wait. I swear some of you like to throw shit out there and have real trouble with reading comprehension.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

• Like 1

So would you say the duo of Wiggins and Embiid worked good together at Kansas. If that's your thinking then they should have won the title right? College doesn't always equal the NBA.

So would you say the duo of Wiggins and Embiid worked good together at Kansas. If that's your thinking then they should have won the title right? College doesn't always equal the NBA.

for one, embiid is not a wing player like wiggins. They both play off the ball well too.

again, you must not be someone that watched ucla all season. Kyle kept the ball out of lavine's hands and so did bryce alford. If lavine is to become a westbrook type player, he doesnt need to play with 2 point guards in the lineup (kyle and teague). Lavine would work better with a shutdown defender who can knock down 3s at sf.

Kyle belongs on a team with shooters all around him and a pg that likes to play off the ball.

Edited by skimaskway23

What's BS? These are the 3 things I said.

Does he control tempo like Andre Miller? - Yes (both are slow ass players who use their BBIQ to set up passes and to get past their defender).

Is he taller than Andre Miller? - Yes (6'9 to 6'2)

Is he a better shooter than Andre Miller? - Yes (Miller college 3pt best season - 31% (average 29%) (NBA average 22%), Anderson 48% (avg 38%))

Now, did I EVER say he'd be as good or better than Miller? Go ahead I'll wait. I swear some of you like to throw shit out there and have real trouble with reading comprehension.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

Reading is fundamental is one of my lines. haha.

I do agree that he is a true PG from a skill-set POV. But Andre Miller is just someone who did more than just control tempo. The man had great skill. I don't think Kyle has great skill. Now let's say I am wrong. Then he could be much better than even I think. Look at Horf for example. I knew he was good but not this good out of college.

But I do see critical flaws. Man and team defense. Overall speed. Scoring ability v. SF's who can defend. His ability to get his shot off in the NBA. His ability to play off the ball which is critical especially in a system like ours but in general for him due to his lack of athletic ability and quickness.

So call me a skeptic then.

I see a boom or bust prospect in Anderson and over the last five years, these guys have busts far more than they boomed and lost their confidence down the road.

• Like 2

for one, embiid is not a wing player like wiggins. They both play off the ball well too.

again, you must not be someone that watched ucla all season. Kyle kept the ball out of lavine's hands and so did bryce alford. If lavine is to become a westbrook type player, he doesnt need to play with 2 point guards in the lineup (kyle and teague). Lavine would work better with a shutdown defender who can knock down 3s at sf.

Kyle belongs on a team with shooters all around him and a pg that likes to play off the ball.

Honestly, we really don't need Jeff on the ball like that. I mean for real. He isn't that important on the ball. He barely creates unless he's slashing. The one positive is he gets us into sets. Dennis struggles with that at this stage. He still can't play decent PG mode like Mack and he can't do good PG mode like Bibby. Bibby used to get us into set, get our players the best possible shot and this was before we had a legit offense or the right pieces.

Honestly, Jeff and Russell Westbrook would be better off the ball but still playing PG and getting guarded by PG's and not SG's although they can handle SG's at times, especially Russell.