• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Anderson to work out with hawks thursday

GrimeyKidd

Honestly, we really don't need Jeff on the ball like that. I mean for real. He isn't that important on the ball. He barely creates unless he's slashing. The one positive is he gets us into sets. Dennis struggles with that at this stage. He still can't play decent PG mode like Mack and he can't do good PG mode like Bibby. Bibby used to get us into set, get our players the best possible shot and this was before we had a legit offense or the right pieces.

Honestly, Jeff and Russell Westbrook would be better off the ball but still playing PG and getting guarded by PG's and not SG's although they can handle SG's at times, especially Russell.

to be quite honest, teague is just a placeholder for dennis to me. We were at our best in the playoffs with the ball in teague's hands.

When I judge kyle's fit, I take dennis' into account. Kyle wouldnt fit as a finisher for dennis once he's ready to be our lead pg. We need knockdown shooters to help dennis find lanes. I am optimistic about dennis assuming a bigger role next yr btw.

• Like 1

to be quite honest, teague is just a placeholder for dennis to me. We were at our best in the playoffs with the ball in teague's hands.

When I judge kyle's fit, I take dennis' into account. Kyle wouldnt fit as a finisher for dennis once he's ready to be our lead pg. We need knockdown shooters to help dennis find lanes. I am optimistic about dennis assuming a bigger role next yr btw.

We did our best when Teague wasn't guarded by PG and they didn't gameplan for Teague. Once they gameplan for him, we weren't good enough. We lack so much talent that if we can't get production out of Jeff, we are likely going to lose.

Saying he was great with the ball in his hands is untrue but he was better with it then the others including Sap.

• Premium Member

Anderson has improved the speed of his release on his jumper. I'm glad because it was slow and he had a little hitch as well. Overall, he looks good. The kid's a basketball player so that's no surprise. Just don't watch the Jabari Parker workout right after though because his workout vid makes these other player's vids look like crap.

• Like 2

Anderson has improved the speed of his release on his jumper. I'm glad because it was slow and he had a little hitch as well. Overall, he looks good. The kid's a basketball player so that's no surprise. Just don't watch the Jabari Parker workout right after though because his workout vid makes these other player's vids look like crap.

That's an elite offensive talent.

• Like 1

The kid isnt a high flyer or sprinter, boo hoo.

His basketball skills are natural and well above average.

His physical traits are outstanding (6-8, 230, 7-2" wingspan)

He is young enough that his weaknesses can ALL be improved:

He can add more muscle, he can improve lower body stregnth which will enhance his post defense and overall athleticism.

Most of his weaknesses are overrated

Loose handles? Dude has a freakish wingspan of course his handles appear loose look at Durants handles

Poor Defense? Dude gets alot of blocks and steals even though he "cant jump" again due to his legnth

Slow release? High release, plus why the hell would a kid with his passing ability take a highly contested jumpshot with all the shooters we have on our team around him. Pumpfake drive kick, he did it a UCLA he already knows this.

Atheticism? How the hell does Paul Peirce always manage to get open and find his shot, being fast isnt the only way to beat a defender

Too Fat? Yeeeaaahhh, Parker is 241 lbs, nobody bats an eye, it aint muscle either. Anderson is 230, same height, also not all muscle but not an issue like some suggest.

Bottom line, ppl drool over athletic guys who may not be able to even play the game or have any nba caliber skills, yet blush at a kid who has the body frame and feel for the game you want in a prospect. When its all said and done, we probably dont even draft him, so no matter where you stand dont get your panties in a wad

• Like 2

The kid isnt a high flyer or sprinter, boo hoo.

His basketball skills are natural and well above average.

His physical traits are outstanding (6-8, 230, 7-2" wingspan)

He is young enough that his weaknesses can ALL be improved:

He can add more muscle, he can improve lower body stregnth which will enhance his post defense and overall athleticism.

Most of his weaknesses are overrated

Loose handles? Dude has a freakish wingspan of course his handles appear loose look at Durants handles

Poor Defense? Dude gets alot of blocks and steals even though he "cant jump" again due to his legnth

Slow release? High release, plus why the hell would a kid with his passing ability take a highly contested jumpshot with all the shooters we have on our team around him. Pumpfake drive kick, he did it a UCLA he already knows this.

Atheticism? How the hell does Paul Peirce always manage to get open and find his shot, being fast isnt the only way to beat a defender

Too Fat? Yeeeaaahhh, Parker is 241 lbs, nobody bats an eye, it aint muscle either. Anderson is 230, same height, also not all muscle but not an issue like some suggest.

Bottom line, ppl drool over athletic guys who may not be able to even play the game or have any nba caliber skills, yet blush at a kid who has the body frame and feel for the game you want in a prospect. When its all said and done, we probably dont even draft him, so no matter where you stand dont get your panties in a wad

first off, paul pierce was athletic coming out of college and for the majority of his time as a celtic. Dead that please

second, you just basically excused every weakness the kid has. We can do the same with every single prospect if we want, but the reality is these weaknesses hold tons of prospects back when they get in the league.

Kyle is no jabari and he came in with the highest body fat at the combine. I dont think that'll be as big an issue, its more his work ethic I question for coming to the combine lookin like that.

My biggest concern is sf like melo, bron, and kd killing him on defense. We need a kawhi type tbh.

Btw, just cause you get steals n blocks does not make you a good defender. Iverson led the league in steals but is far from a good defender.

Durant's handles are better and he is way faster than kyle.

I dont hate the guy, I just want to temper expectations. Rookies get playing time by how well they defend and the way kyle's defense is, we might not see him much this season if hes drafted.

what if snyder stays

How the heck did Jusuf Nurkic and KJ McDaniels fall to the 2nd round. Nurkic was a top 15 pick in a lot of drafts. And KJ was in the first round in a lot if mocks ...hmmmm

glad to know everybody isnt delusional in this thread

I can imagine Anderson on a fast break and getting caught by the other teams center

who would he guard?? PG, Melo Lebron?

he's not blowing by anyone so unless he's wide open how I'll he get a shot off?

I honestly can't get over how slow his work out was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

He gonna need some work like Jenkins did as a rookie but he fits a role. Great PG skills. Solid shooter, need to improve, good scorer, need to improve, can draw fouls, and is explosive off the ground considering how much lateral and straight line speed he clearly lacks. For our system, he could be a very good player. Our system made Mack decent and DMC solid. Those two were borderline NBA players two years ago.

He has All Star potential. His PG skills are special, his scoring and fundamentals can go along way if developed. If not developed, he can and likely will bust out of the NBA in three years.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

I can imagine Anderson on a fast break and getting caught by the other teams center

who would he guard?? PG, Melo Lebron?

he's not blowing by anyone so unless he's wide open how I'll he get a shot off?

I honestly can't get over how slow his work out was

If he's on a fast break he will be passing the ball ahead to our finishers.

If he's on a fast break he will be passing the ball ahead to our finishers.

I see so if he's at the top of the key and gets a steal everyone will pass him so he'll just pass it ahead I gotcha