• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Passing along some info

DavidSomerset

It's not debatable whether his assist and rebound numbers are mediocre. They are.

It IS debatable whether those numbers reflect a lack of skill or whether they reflect an offense predicated around Thompson spending most of his time running cuts 20+ feet from the basket while Curry dishes out 39% of his team's assists and soaks up nearly one-third of his team's possessions.

Stats mean nothing if you aren't applying critical thinking skills to interpret them.

Well, without the proof... It's all opinion, isn't it?

I'm not going to call him a black hole, but my opinion is that he is a scoring guard with a bit of tunnel vision. I can maybe see 21/4/4 from him as a number one guy. Sounds great, right? But do you trade an 18/9/3 Big man that shots 56% for that? 

I see a real good player with the hype of a great player based on the fact that the Warriors play an exciting brand of basketball.

• Like 1

The Warriors defense is nothing with Bogut. They gave up 108 PPG in the playoffs without him.

Reddick and Crawford ate Thompson for lunch in the playoffs.

Crawford:

24 MPG

16.7 PPG

44% FG

38% 3's

Reddick:

29 MPG

14.3 PPG

46% FG

39% 3pt

Did you watch any of that series? Thompson's main defensive assignment was Chris Paul, not Jamal Crawford or JJ Redick. Paul scored about 17ppg playing starter's minutes, shooting 40% or worse four out of seven games.

Klay guarded CP3 mostly from what I recall, but otherwise I agree with what you're saying. Klay is a very, very good 3&D type, but he doesn't create enough for me, definitely not enough to deal Horford for...

Which is why I'd rather pursue Hayward and Parsons in that order. I prefer Hayward because he draws fouls, he can run the pick and roll, he's a good defender and he can switch between the 2 and 3 positions, and I honestly think he's comparable with Parsons in just about every other facet of the game he just got smothered playing the #1 option/point forward role for Utah. As a 6th man, Hayward can approximate what current Manu gives the Spurs, perhaps even surpass that. I doubt Utah lets him go, but he's a good enough player that I'd give it a shot before moving on to Parsons or Deng. Hell, I might prefer Hayward at a $9-10M deal to Melo on a $17M deal.

If we get any of these guys it will probably be Deng... The rumor is that the Rockets are prepared to go over the cap to keep Parsons, and Utah will probably keep Hayward. There is a good chance that Ferry will not be able to sign any of these guys.

If we get any of these guys it will probably be Deng... The rumor is that the Rockets are prepared to go over the cap to keep Parsons, and Utah will probably keep Hayward. There is a good chance that Ferry will not be able to sign any of these guys.

I could careless what the Rockets do, if we offer Parsons a ton of money for an offer sheet and he declines until Melo goes to the Rockets... that sir is illegal

Did you watch any of that series? Thompson's main defensive assignment was Chris Paul, not Jamal Crawford or JJ Redick. Paul scored about 17ppg playing starter's minutes, shooting 40% or worse four out of seven games.

Some of it.

Due to the fact that my niece and the children were living with me that during that time I did not get to watch it all.

For the Hawks the discussion boils down to how confident you are that Al returns to his old form and stays healthy. If you don't trust that will happen, you're probably okay with Klay. If you do think it'll happen, a trade for Klay is laughable to you.

Does that about sum it up for y'all?

Klay guarded CP3 mostly from what I recall, but otherwise I agree with what you're saying. Klay is a very, very good 3&D type, but he doesn't create enough for me, definitely not enough to deal Horford for...

Horford, Horford, Horford ...all I ever hear "if he's healthy" ...well he's probaly NOT healthy..or even if he is he is coming off of two season ending Pectoral tears that other guys don't normally get...so at the minimum he is "injury prone".

For the Hawks the discussion boils down to how confident you are that Al returns to his old form and stays healthy. If you don't trust that will happen, you're probably okay with Klay. If you do think it'll happen, a trade for Klay is laughable to you.

Does that about sum it up for y'all?

The injuries are a big concern, but trading quality bigs for smaller non superstar players is a tough sell to me. The team already has a tough time and the boards, and there is a lack of quality guys that can play center. Next year the team would be starting: Teague, Thompson, Carroll, Millsap and Pero.

That team will get destroyed on the boards, but perhaps still good enough to win 40 games.

• Like 1

Probably, but I don't see a much better use of our capspace. I would try to pry Hayward or Parsons first, and then if/when that guy gets matched pursue Deng with 1 year of Granger as plan C.

Edited by TheFuzz

I find it unreal we're having this big argument over what Klay Thompson is worth...and over on the realgm board the Wolves fans are also discussing it.

If Klay goes to the Wolves he might take a step down. He would have Rubio and that's it, Pek too...I think Klay takes a step up if he does to us. We have Bud's great system build around shooters and we are in the east. I still think Warriors keep him. Jerry West and Kerr love Klay.

• Premium Member

If Klay goes to the Wolves he might take a step down. He would have Rubio and that's it, Pek too...I think Klay takes a step up if he does to us. We have Bud's great system build around shooters and we are in the east. I still think Warriors keep him. Jerry West and Kerr love Klay.

He'd be way better off in Minn. He can't create his own shot, he needs a PG that can do that for him. No one is as good at that as Rubio. If Klay was here we wouldn't have a PG other than Dennis that is capable of breaking a defense down and getting smart passes to shooters.

• Like 1

Klay is average to below average at everything except defense and 3pt shooting. Doesn't attack enough to be elite. Great off screens and spotting up, but the same can be said for Korver.

At $5 mil for Korver, we know what we are getting, with Klay as the highest paid player that's not good enough. Two fta/game? That's Joe-esque.