• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks offering Pau Gasol 11 million a year [Update: Signing with Chicago]

GameTime

I think it's too late.

Goodness gracious...can't we at least subcontract out to SEC bag-men?

"Excuse me Mr. Gasol...I'm supposed to give this bag to you"

Pau:  "What's in it ?"

"Well by the weight it's probably a couple million dollars...all in unmarked hundreds...you either take it or I shoot you in the foot...those are my orders.."

All the whining on here gets annoying at times. All Ferry can do is offer the contract. He cannot hire goons to go out and rough people up

• Like 2

Dammit whats Chicago got that we dont got?    I mean after Rose gets hurt again that is. Wish he would have at least picked the Spurs, this really helps the Bulls.

Edited by NJHAWK

Chicago has a rich tradition as a franchise. They are a lot closer to winning than the Hawks. That's with or without a healthy Derrick Rose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree I think we are better than the Bulls honestly. Rose is probably done. You can't tear both ACLs in consecutive years and comeback the same player. He will more than likely be a shell of what he was and always get hurt now. Then all they have is Noah and role players like Gibson, butler etc. Boozer is gone. I don't get it. We have much more talent and depth.

• Premium Member

Dammit whats Chicago got that we dont got?    I mean after Rose gets hurt again that is. Wish he would have at least picked the Spurs, this really helps the Bulls.

Maybe it's a matter of position. With Chicago, Gasol is playing most of his minutes at power forward (assuming he starts, Boozer gets amnestied/traded, and Gibson comes off the bench). With Atlanta, I guess Horford slides to power forward and Gasol plays most of his minutes at center.

• Premium Member

Intriguing that he's committed knowing that he might only be getting $6.5m if the SnT with Lakers doesn't work out... turning down practically double the money.

It just makes it look like there was not a plan in place IMO

I think if you're an NBA GM, you wake up every morning reformulating your "plan" this time of year.

For instance, I think 95% of all paying attention just knew two weeks ago that LBJ was returning to MIA... and once we learned he wasn't, another 95% of all of us paying attention knew that Bosh was going to HOU... and now we learn that Gasol is prepare to take half the money he would have gotten otherwise to play with CHI... so many twists and turns, there almost can't possibly/reasonably be one plan.

Intriguing that he's committed knowing that he might only be getting $6.5m if the SnT with Lakers doesn't work out... turning down practically double the money.

I think if you're an NBA GM, you wake up every morning reformulating your "plan" this time of year.

For instance, I think 95% of all paying attention just knew two weeks ago that LBJ was returning to MIA... and once we learned he wasn't, another 95% of all of us paying attention knew that Bosh was going to HOU... and now we learn that Gasol is prepare to take half the money he would have gotten otherwise to play with CHI... so many twists and turns, there almost can't possibly/reasonably be one plan.

Players are willing to take less money to play for teams that are actually contenders for championships.  Why would Pau waste the end of his career in Atlanta chasing the 4 seed...

Pau has a great memory and he knows that Chicago has ALWAYS wanted to trade for him... and that we traded him in 2003...

Very good spot for him, he could play there 20-25mppg with little pressure in RS and with a good coach and teammates.

I'm glad we didn't spend 10M on him because it's not the move we need at this moment.

Pau has a great memory and he knows that Chicago has ALWAYS wanted to trade for him... and that we traded him in 2003...

Very good spot for him, he could play there 20-25mppg with little pressure in RS and with a good coach and teammates.

I'm glad we didn't spend 10M on him because it's not the move we need at this moment.

Ha! Thibs wouldn't know how to play someone less than 35 MPG if his life depended on it. I kinda feel for Pau that he's going to get ridden so heavy in Chicago. 

If I had to chose between Deng and Pau at 10 million I'd go Pau all day as his health doesn't concern me. 

Ha! Thibs wouldn't know how to play someone less than 35 MPG if his life depended on it. I kinda feel for Pau that he's going to get ridden so heavy in Chicago. 

If I had to chose between Deng and Pau at 10 million I'd go Pau all day as his health doesn't concern me.

He has had a lot of physical problems the last years. I'm more concerned about Pau's health than Deng's. 

I suppose that Gibson will play a lot of minutes in RS just as he did last year. More than 30. If not Pau will be dead at the end of the regular season...

Boy this hurts that he signed for so cheap with Chicago and reportedly turned down more from us... unless it was the years where we wouldn't go over 2.