• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Sign Bazemore

PSSSHHHRRR87

How many more years do we have to keep hearing this.  "Just wait until next offseason"...  You want to know what happens next offseason?  Millsap signs a big deal with a different team and we have his cap space that we'll use to sign more bench players/fringe starters then the next off season Horford will move on to a team that actually wants to compete for championships and then Ferry will finally start the rebuild buying himself another 5 years of cap space and lotto picks.  Hopefully we'll rid ourselves of Teague's contract during that time and then we might actually get away from the treadmill philosophy and make some real progress instead of this faux-progress that a lot of the fans have bought into for the last decade.  We sure do love our core...  

And no I don't think that's being negative.  It's being realistic based off of everything(or nothing) that Ferry has done in his offseasons up to this point.

"How many more years do we have to keep hearing this." Lol I don't know how many years. Maybe you could answer that yourself since you can apparently predict the future (bolded words). go%20ahead.gif

Lol no hostility at all towards you bud, just messin' around with ya! :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Come one come all - come and get your crow: baked, broiled, BBQ, fillet, fried, sautéed, braised, pan seared, steamed or plain ole raWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Edited by JayBirdHawk

How tall is Bazemore?  He looks like a fairly "stocky" but athletic 6-4 or 6-5...plays taller.

He is 6'5", but his impressive 6'11" and 1/2 wingspan is what gives defenders trouble. Long arms help him get into the passing lanes and block shots with ease.  He and Thabo have some really impressive wingspans.

• Like 3

The biggest question is whether Kenneth will reclaim his old #24 jersey. We saw Sap not willing to undertake the pressure of living up to that legendary number but does Kenneth have the confidence to make the jersey proud?

Well said Mace  hush.gif

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I knew Baze was athletic and Lakers fans were sore about losing him but damn he is probably one of if not the most athletic wing in the NBA. He is still getting better offensively!

• Like 1

All I wanted was for him to slash. He's starting to learn the angles of the offense, and I believe Bud is drawing up those delayed drives for him late in the clock. All the perimeter ball stopping, steals, and playing volleyball with poor guys' shots on the other end is just a premium. Love the kid.

There isn't much room for our starters or Pero to get better, but we'll see an even larger uptick in play as the kids Dennis and Baze comtinue on their inclines with more scouting work, experience, increased grown man strength, and improved perimeter shooting. What's crazy, Bud may not even be worried about them. He's trying to find a way to have Jenkins and Moose be regular contributors by season's end to keep us even fresher and deeper. We already 10 Strong, we need to be around 12 Deep for that dominant '14 Spur run.

Edited by benhillboy

I didn't really have any thoughts about him other than he looked exciting and had some potential but I really didn't expect him to so important to the team chemistry so quickly. And his defense is stellar! I think Bud said that along with Thabo he's probably their best defender. That's saying a lot with Al and DMC being on the team. 

• Like 1