• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

Does it matter if there is an underlying scouting report? Ferry adopted it when he read it out loud and didn't qualify it or distance himself. There is no get out of jail card here if a third party's report is produced.

It matters for me because I think they're lying about it (or are at least hiding something more).  It's certainly not a get out of jail free card.  Like you said, he should've known better than to blindly read someone else work either way ... assuming it exists.

I took it that he was drawing a correlation between third world merchants and dishonesty and it's a very bad slur. He's making a racial/national generalization by implying that ALL Africans, and thus all African Americans, and all third world merchants, are inclined to dishonesty and this is what a potential suitor gets with Deng's services.

As in, he's quiet and appears to work hard on the surface (the nice third world shop you walk into), but once you really get to know him - you'll see a lack of effort or other relevant character flaw to sports (as in, you'll not get the nice piece of jewelry like what you saw in the display case).

On a related note, and to illustrate...

This happened to me while I was in Egypt doing temporary duty - I bought a necklace for my wife from a jewelry shop. They had some really unique stuff on display. It picked out an 18k cartouche with a nice stone in it, what I was delivered a week later was a cheap metal necklace with plastic backing.

Thanks for trying to figure out what he meant. I understand the stereotype, I mean having family in Ghana you deal with all sorts of BS, but I still don't understand how it relates to sports unless he was just trying extra-hard to put a racist joke into the scouting report. Either way, for the sake of this franchise I hope Ferry and the ASG leave the Hawks. Hopefully it's not too late to restore some credibility to this franchise.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Trying to bring a little levity to this thread. Sometimes you just can't help but read what's put out in front of you to read.

If this hadn't happened so many times in real life now, I'd think it was impossible. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMXRxNbPvGI

• Moderators

Trying to bring a little levity to this thread. Sometimes you just can't help but read what's put out in front of you to read.

If this hadn't happened so many times in real life now, I'd think it was impossible. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMXRxNbPvGI

Well you obviously didn't read all 38 pages.   Already posted. haha

As a minority person and immigrant myself, it is a terrible shame to see what we have come to in this country...and seeing the majority of fans reacting the same way confirms this. If anyone has read the entire letter by Levenson, there is zero racism in it. Yes, it is extremely poor business practice to try to target to another market segment while you have potentially the biggest existing market in your doorsteps, but racist? No. And Ferry - maybe he should have sugarcoated the scouting report, because we clearly need to put PG-13 language to every stupid thing we say in public in this ultra-sensitive era we live in, but racist? Definitely NOT. And to assume that free agents will hold this over his head is even more pathetic. The reason they don't want to join the Hawks is because we don't have a winning history, not because the ASG and Ferry have a racist agenda or any bullshit like that. I know I will be criticized by the overtly sensitive people here (that are obviously being persecuted by the evil white man), but I seriously don't understand some of the reactions here...

• Moderators

As a minority person and immigrant myself, it is a terrible shame to see what we have come to in this country...and seeing the majority of fans reacting the same way confirms this. If anyone has read the entire letter by Levenson, there is zero racism in it. Yes, it is extremely poor business practice to try to target to another market segment while you have potentially the biggest existing market in your doorsteps, but racist? No. And Ferry - maybe he should have sugarcoated the scouting report, because we clearly need to put PG-13 language to every stupid thing we say in public in this ultra-sensitive era we live in, but racist? Definitely NOT. And to assume that free agents will hold this over his head is even more pathetic. The reason they don't want to join the Hawks is because we don't have a winning history, not because the ASG and Ferry have a racist agenda or any bullshit like that. I know I will be criticized by the overtly sensitive people here (that are obviously being persecuted by the evil white man), but I seriously don't understand some of the reactions here...

You have to consider that if there are a bunch of people reacting negatively and offended by this out in the general public then roughly the same percentage of nba players/free agents will have the same feeling (if not more).   Even if it's just 20% that's too much.   I don't want to be an automatic X off the list of 20% of the nba players when we're probably already X of at least that many for other reasons.   Plus I think it's way more than 20% of the players who probably are pissed about this.

You don't have to understand.  Just like I don't have to understand your reasoning.  Just accept it and stop telling others how to feel.  And if you think that is over sensitive.....sun_bespectacled.gif

[That GIF is too inflammatory.  No need to snipe at eachother.]

Edited by AHF

You don't have to understand.  Just like I don't have to understand your reasoning.  Just accept it and stop telling others how to feel.  And if you think that is over sensitive.....

No no, that is not a good way to explain to him

DS17,

Remember that old Andre Agassai commerical that "Image is everything", same princples applies in this situation, even know that many people would just let this thing go but with what happen to Donald Sterling, most folks is paranoid right now and anything that can be rationize will be out of the door.

Like my orginial question,"Do you want to punish somebody even know that he did not say it but the fanbase and others wants blood?"  He didnt do anything wrong but he has to deal with public view and he is our salesperson for this team.  Do you want somebody like him trying to woo your agent to play here?

If this has already been covered, my apologies...

But is there any proof beyond Gearon Jr.'s words that Ferry actually said the whole "liar and a cheat, etc." part about Deng?

Nope!

Given what's coming out about Gearon posturing.....THIS is what I mean by fishy. 

• Moderators

If this has already been covered, my apologies...

But is there any proof beyond Gearon Jr.'s words that Ferry actually said the whole "liar and a cheat, etc." part about Deng?

I don't have the letter up, but I assumed MG Junior was emphasizing what he, at least, believed was inferred by the "counterfeit in the back" statement that he attributed directly to Ferry's narration.

~lw3

So it's official, our GM is indeed either comfortable enough to read this report aloud and incompetent enough to read it aloud.  That's who is running our team ladies and gentlemen.  We're clearly in good hands.

• Like 2

This whole think just stinks...

If it's true that there's audio of this conference call (like Gearon Jr.'s letter states there is) then we should all know it will leak out at some point. Depending on what Ferry actually said and how it sounds when he says it, we can go ahead and kiss him goodbye.

My hope at this point is that Coach Bud doesn't resign.

Edited by WakaFlocka

This whole think just stinks...

If it's true that there's audio of this conference call (like Gearon Jr.'s letter states there is) then we should all know it will leak out at some point. Depending on what Ferry actually said and how it sounds when he says it, we can go ahead and kiss him goodbye.

My hope at this point is that Coach Bud doesn't resign.

TMZ is miking this Rice/NFL story as of now. I'm sure they will release the audio when they are done with that.