• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford 2015 Mock Draft 2.0

Admin

I don't know anything about this kid as I usually don't start looking into players until about a month or two before the draft, unless they're Syracuse players, but this write up made me smile. 

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/mock/?season=2015&version=2&source=Chad-Ford-Mock-Draft

Kelly Oubre
COLLEGE: Kansas
HT: 6-7
WT: 204
POS: SF

The Hawks continue to get the gift that keeps on giving from the Nets as part of the Joe Johnson trade. This season, the Hawks have the right to swap picks with the Nets.

Atlanta's biggest need is at the wing position, and if it can somehow land Oubre here, it will be reminiscent of the year Josh Smith fell to them. Oubre is a top-5 talent, but he's struggled to get much playing time at Kansas this season, and when he is on the court, he's struggled. He's definitely worth the risk at 15, though.

Given that this was written by Ford, and that it's so early, pretty much guarantees that we won't be drafting this player.  Please don't get too attached, Squawkers.  

He mentions Josh, but this description he mentions reminds me of another WLOC era SF we drafted in the lottery

Oubre is a top-5 talent, but he's struggled to get much playing time at Kansas this season, and when he is on the court, he's struggled.

• Like 1

Yawn.  Kinda meh on these athletic SG/SF types that can't/don't score consistently on the college level.  I'd rather a kid like Levert from Michigan who actually has some multi-year production.

I'd even prefer one of KY's bigs who we wouldn't be looking to for scoring but are big/talented enough to defend and rebound.

Did you know that Payne just dropped 20 for the Spurs d-league team?

Yep, and one shot was from downtown for three!

We've got another big man, overseas, maturing.  Think about these two

when considering who to draft.

Now that the trade deadline has opened, Hawks may trade two or three

bench players for one.  Detroit would love to send Josh back to us but

I'm leery of that.  We've been there and done that.

• 2 weeks later...