• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford for Blake Griffin - ESPN Trade Idea

Vol4ever

50 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The Hawks give up about 100 PPG. I don't know where people get this idea that Horford is a good defensive player. Most decent scoring bigs can score on him almost at will.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

and they play the same position.  So why do the Clippers think it'll make them better?  

Still having a big time offensive weapon like Griffin is enticing and maybe it gets another star interested.

Well they don't currently play the same position so i guess that's not the point.   Horf would be PF for them though.   I guess he fits better with Jordan than Blake does.

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

HAWKS NEED BOOGIE!!   LMAO

dcblock1-2.gif

How would you propose to get him?  They're not going to want Horford as he is a FA next year, and he's got big-city-itis, so he wouldn't re-sign.  They don't need Teague.  Maybe they'd accept Millsap and loads of draft picks.

• Admin changed the title to Horford for Blake Griffin - ESPN Trade Idea
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, JTB said:

I've never understood that on the squawk. 

We seem to down play elite scorers whenever they are mentioned. We did it with Amare Stoudamire with rumors surrounding around Josh Smith.

I think hawk fans want the all out two way player and it's only a hand full of those guys and they are never available. So we overlook the IMPACT players.

Horford is a better overall player than Griffin since horford is good on both sides of the court but Griffins offensive ability far outweighs Horfords and he's been depended on to close out games and win games for his team. I believe that though Griffin isn't necessarily a complete player like many hawk fans view horford , Griffins IMPACTS the game more than horford can.

Take CP3 in his prime vs Curry today who's in his prime. CP3 is the better overall PG but Curry is a lot more impactful 

Stoudamire deserved to be downplayed at the time of those rumors.  He has been nowhere near as good from that point forward as the people who weren't downplaying him claimed.  The ones who downplayed him nailed it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Marc Gasol is a pathetic rebounder, as bad as, if not worse, than Al.  We definitely do not want Marc Gasol.

if you are talking about defensive rebounding , then Al is worse than Gasol.
AL is t worst at defensive rebounding  than any big man not named Andrea Bargnani . The sad truth

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You guys (and gals) never learn. When they play Cleveland and GS again you will see how good of a defensive team this is.There is a reason trade rumors are ssurrounding this team. They have played like shit this mouth dispite playing some mediocre teamsThey win 1 game against  a mediocre Dallas ream and they’re a good defensive team? Crazy

I'll say what I said elsewhere here:

This team lost it's way in close games last season when apparently now golden boy Demarre Carroll was here. They did before the playoffs too, they may have closed out both of the first two series but did so in horrible fashion. Both could have ended in 5 with a better job done at closing out games.

They lost it vs Boston before the 2015 All Star Game.

They may have been blown out three times, but every single last game other than that in January was close and they didn't make the big play needed to close it out or get over the hump. Unless those problems change and fast, odds are very good that this team is swept away in the first round with two of the games being blowouts due to the team quitting.

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

How would you propose to get him?  They're not going to want Horford as he is a FA next year, and he's got big-city-itis, so he wouldn't re-sign.  They don't need Teague.  Maybe they'd accept Millsap and loads of draft picks.

I was just kidding.  On a serious note,  it would take Horford, Sap, Teague and a draft pick to pry Boogie from Sacramento, and thats MAYBE........lol.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

You guys (and gals) never learn. When they play Cleveland and GS again you will see how good of a defensive team this is.There is a reason trade rumors are ssurrounding this team. They have played like shit this mouth dispite playing some mediocre teamsThey win 1 game against  a mediocre Dallas ream and they’re a good defensive team? Crazy

Hawks lose because they can't score NOT because they can't defend. How many points did San Antonio's #1 defense do against GS and Cleveland, again??? Try watching the games every now and then before commenting. 

Edited by Atlantaholic

3 minutes ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

Personally I'd give them Horford/ Korver for Rudy Gay and a 1st rd.  

Move Baze back to SG and play scrappy ball

That's beyond awful.