• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Rockets

lethalweapon3

Ariza may only be shooting 33% from 3 but they just said on pre-game that he's leading the league in 3's made so we need to stick close to him. We are gonna miss Teague and how good he is at digging down on C's and that frustrates Dwight into turnovers. I hope Schröder and Mack are prepared to help on D.

The Houston announcers are complete shit. They are legitimately the worst in the league.

I've been wrong so far this year. Impressive effort. Great team effort.

This should have been a game in which the Hawks should struggle.... But they showed a lot in that 4th period.

Oh, screw Jason Terry and his washed up ass. Fluke performance for him tonight. Never liked him.;.. He was a bust here unless you're impressed with scoring on a bad team. Too bad he got to go to Dallas to leech off of Dirk.

It only took, what? Winning 13 of the last 15 games? Or 11 of 12?

Sure.

There's changing your opinion. That's nice. There's also being a complete curmudgeon to everything. Well, almost everything.

Glad you could enjoy this team, but I think everyone enjoys it when we don't have incessant negativity on the board. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, so I'm not really expecting a change.

It only took, what? Winning 13 of the last 15 games? Or 11 of 12?

Sure.

There's changing your opinion. That's nice. There's also being a complete curmudgeon to everything. Well, almost everything.

Glad you could enjoy this team, but I think everyone enjoys it when we don't have incessant negativity on the board. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, so I'm not really expecting a change.

I don't feel bad for the things I've said. I feel justifed in most everything that I've felt about the team. Even when they've played well in the past they crumbled under pressure and when they've had any real expectations placed on them they have crumbled. It's pretty much a fact. Before, the Hawks would play well and then crumble when they get on TNT. We've seen them do it for years.

I praise the team when I feel they deserve it. I've been wrong a lot of the time this year. That does not mean that I don't feel justifed for being skeptical of the team.

I'm never going to be that cheerleader type of fan. That's not how I am. 

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I don't feel bad for the things I've said. I feel justifed in most everything that I've felt about the team. Even when they've played well in the past they crumbled under pressure and when they've had any real expectations placed on them they have crumbled. It's pretty much a fact. Before, the Hawks would play well and then crumble when they get on TNT. We've seen them do it for years.

I praise the team when I feel they deserve it. I've been wrong a lot of the time this year. That does not mean that I don't feel justifed for being skeptical of the team.

Stu and Rick Fox have seen enough, they think we're for real. Might even get a mention on Sports Reporters tomorrow if someone with a brain is on. Jemele most likely.

Hope everyone is taking note of how we're disposing of all these "superstars" that are sooooo necessary to winning. Rose, LeBron, Love, Dwight, Irving, and Harden down in flames in less than a weeks time, not to mention without our 0-Time All-Star leading scorer.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Skeptical? What do you think the definition of that word is?

You aren't skeptical. You are contrarian or curmudgeon. I lean towards the later.

There isn't a problem being skeptical or contrarian or a curmudgeon. But if you don't recognize what you are...well then you're just delusional and it gets frustrating to see. Plus the frequency of posting after wins or losses becomes frustrating. You clearly do not post as much after wins. You post sooooooooooooOOOOOOOooooOOOOoOoOOooOooooOOOooooOoooooOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOoooOOooooOOOoooOOOoooOOooooooOOOooooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooOOOOOOOOOoooooOOooooOOoooOOOoooOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo much after losses. So much. That's just being a dickhead.

Edited by hawksfanatic

Skeptical? What do you think the definition of that word is?

You aren't skeptical. You are contrarian or curmudgeon. I lean towards the later.

There isn't a problem being skeptical or contrarian or a curmudgeon. But if you don't recognize what you are...well then you're just delusional and it gets frustrating to see. Plus the frequency of posting after wins or losses becomes frustrating. You clearly do not post as much after wins. You post sooooooooooooOOOOOOOooooOOOOoOoOOooOooooOOOooooOoooooOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOoooOOooooOOOoooOOOoooOOooooooOOOooooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooOOOOOOOOOoooooOOooooOOoooOOOoooOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo much after losses. So much. That's just being a dickhead.

Probably because most of the wins have been against mediocre or bad teams? The Hawks have been beating these teams for years now. I was in the chatroom for the Houston game and the Cleveland game. Yeah, I don't post as much when we win. I'm not as vocal when we win, but I've always said that I'll never be a cheerleader type of fan. When I'm quiet, many times that means that I'm happy. 

You guys might not like the type of fan that I am... But I'm upfront with you guys. But whatever.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

Probably because most of the wins have been against mediocre or bad teams? The Hawks have been beating these teams for years now. I was in the chatroom for the Houston game and the Cleveland game. Yeah, I don't post as much when we win. I'm not as vocal when we win, but I've always said that I'll never be a cheerleader type of fan. When I'm quiet, many times that means that I'm happy. 

You guys might not like the type of fan that I am... But I'm upfront with you guys. But whatever.

The fact that you legitimately think that makes your post...well I'm not sure how to completely describe it. Like, take a step back. Is it at all telling to you that you won't have a single poster back you up on this issue? There won't be people saying "oh naw, Hots is reasonable..."

Well, I guess I shouldn't say a single poster. There might be a few other curmudgeons or posters who don't like me that might back you up.

I know I used to be someone who would back you up. No way anymore. I can't deal with it. I've seen enough evidence of the alternative.

If you told me beforehand Harden would have a career high in assists and we still win I would've said "bulls&hit!" This team is so flexible and adaptive it's ridiculous. They would strategically work together to win a brawl.

Underrated MVP to DeMarre. His early threes and tenacity defending Harden set the table. And the Pero haters gonna come around one day. He frustrated them every minute he was out there.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

The fact that you legitimately think that makes your post...well I'm not sure how to completely describe it. Like, take a step back. Is it at all telling to you that you won't have a single poster back you up on this issue? There won't be people saying "oh naw, Hots is reasonable..."

Well, I guess I shouldn't say a single poster. There might be a few other curmudgeons or posters who don't like me that might back you up.

I know I used to be someone who would back you up. No way anymore. I can't deal with it. I've seen enough evidence of the alternative.

I'm not looking for some kind of approval from you or anyone else, and I'm not going to be a groupthink person to please you or other posters. I don't care anymore that you don't like my posts. I don't care if you don't like me or don't agree with me. Why should I care? What makes you think that you're important enough to me that I should be worried about what you think of me?

I've never claimed to be anything different than how I am now. If you expected me to be anything different... Well, you thought wrong.

I'm not looking for some kind of approval from you or anyone else, and I'm not going to be a groupthink person to please you or other posters. I don't care anymore that you don't like my posts. I don't care if you don't like me or don't agree with me. Why should I care? What makes you think that you're important enough to me that I should be worried about what you think of me?

I've never claimed to be anything different than how I am now. If you expected me to be anything different... Well, you thought wrong.

Yeah, that wasn't an importance issue. It was a post to illustrate that you, as evidenced by how everyone else would react, are a total dickhead with respect to this team. You're a huge curmudgeon.

I don't give a f*** what you think of me and the only real area I find myself important is from a CBA perspective, which this is clearly not. I was trying to be nice enough to show you what you really are as a poster. But as they say, you can lead a horse to water...

Yeah, that wasn't an importance issue. It was a post to illustrate that you, as evidenced by how everyone else would react, are a total dickhead with respect to this team. You're a huge curmudgeon.

I don't give a f*** what you think of me and the only real area I find myself important is from a CBA perspective, which this is clearly not. I was trying to be nice enough to show you what you really are as a poster. But as they say, you can lead a horse to water...

You... Nice? lol

You just gave this curmudgeon a laugh. Thanks.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

You... Nice? lol

You just gave this "curmudgeon" a laugh. Thanks.

I didn't call myself nice. I was calling my action nice.

rif-logo-blue_large.gif

You can add on "f***ing idiot" to the list of things you are.

Goodbye. You've been a shitbag the entire time you've been on this board. There must be a serious problem with you and I'd rather not deal with that.

See, I know that I'm an asshole. You are too f***ing stupid or delusional to realize what you are.

You're f***ing pathetic. You've leached on this board for I don't know how f***ing long. And posters have pointed out about donating to this board. You've leached so much on these servers with bad attitudes and shit opinions. You haven't donated a single penny. So f*** off. I've got no bearing on what the moderators do or do not do. But if I was a moderator/admin (hahahaha, no way) I'd be pissed off at your shithead attitude.

Edited by hawksfanatic

I didn't call myself nice. I was calling my action nice.

rif-logo-blue_large.gif

You can add on "f***ing idiot" to the list of things you are.

Goodbye. You've been a shitbag the entire time you've been on this board. There must be a serious problem with you and I'd rather not deal with that.

See, I know that I'm an asshole. You are too f***ing stupid or delusional to realize what you are.

Your borderline passive-aggressive BS does not pass the smell test. You were not being very genuine.  

You don't want to deal with it? Boohoo.

The ironic thing is that most of this drama is being created by YOU right now. What a joke.

If I praise the team people whine... If I bash them, people will whine. So who cares?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I've got no bearing on what the moderators do or do not do. But if I was a moderator/admin (hahahaha, no way) I'd be pissed off at your shithead attitude.

Good thing we have you here to set a good example about having a good attitude. 

You even admit to being a douche yourself... Then you turn right around and try to lecture about having a bad attitude.

Funny stuff. I'm just laughing at you right now.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

Admitting you're wrong is a fine character trait. Wish more on the board had it.

I've never had a problem admitting when I'm wrong.  My thing is that it takes me a while to really bend one way or another.  I don't like to make knee-jerk reactions, only to look real foolish later on.  

It's still really hard for me to accept that this team could keep this pace and actually make the ECF's.  That may be the 30 year Hawk fan in me, but I can't get my hopes up just yet.  I'm still worried about peaking in the 2nd round.  

Regardless, this is a MUCH better team than I expected.