• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bill Simmons suggesting a possible Hawks to Seattle move

Sothron

And Bill Simmons is tweeting about this because he is a hack journalist. All he does is spit out stupid f***ing opinions and this is low hanging fruit for him to punch out a 10,000 word article comparing Atlanta and Seattle from a pop culture standpoint and reference idiotic theories as to "Atlanta has that Sherman curse, I mean General Sherman burnt them down and now Richard Sherman is going to burn them AGAIN! It's the PERFECT THEORY!!".

He has 0 insight into anything he does. N O T H I N G. And people who listen to that dope are dumber for doing so.

simmons.gif

Naw, his reaction to the Cavs winning the lotto again over his beloved Celtics was the epitome of journalistic integrity.

14047264448_0967db331e_o.gif

Oh, and I keep forgetting New Orleans.  The NBA actually purchased the Hornets to ensure that they were sold to local ownership despite the city's infrastructure still reeling from Katrina.  Milwaukee, New Orleans, Sacramento stay,  Golden State and New Jersey stay within 30 miles but Atlanta is going to move 3,000 miles?

• Like 1

Simmons=Tool.

The Hawks are winning and we are getting more press on the negative ownership/GM issue than what's happening on the court.

The media has no clue how to handle the Hawks success.

Tool is actually quite polite of you...I have a 4 letter word of my own for this f*#% but I won't say it...

Wait I just did...

They are tied to the arena for 30 years or until the construction bonds are paid off, which are $120+M from doing. It would be a major grip for anyone to move them, not to mention the relocation fee; if the NHL got $70M from the Thrashers' move, how much would the NBA demand?

That said, I wouldn't watch another second of pro basketball if they took the Hawks away. Not after watching them for over 35 years, not getting a payoff, only to see the light bulb pop on right as they go on sale. I give Dolf permission to delete my account if ever an announcement was made; you can bank on that.

Hopefully, we won't see another Flames like sale, which to me was far more painful. They actually cared about winning when they were here....

• Like 2

Since I been a Hawk fan, I experienced misery from this franchise. This is the best season I can remember in fandom. I am not AHF, I wasn't there when Nique was in Atlanta. I am downgraded to watching several game tapes and some ESPN Classic games with them but I wasn't there, at least as a fan. This move would shake up my Basketball love. I would probably stop watching the NBA period. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well said. Simmons and the Celtics deserve each other

I was a huge fan of Simmons a few years back.  Not so much these days.  I think he let the whole "Sports Guy" persona run amok.  He still can be entertaining but a little too gossipy for my taste. Simmons and Mike Florio have pretty much morphed into the same guy. 

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I just don't get the hate. I really like Simmons. I enjoy his takes on NBA and trades. I also love the infusion of pop culture into his stuff. His Boston homerism doesn't bother me in the least because he has never tried to hide from it, even with ESPN. 

Anyone going into his material looking for "journalistic integrity" is really going in with the wrong expectation. He's a big-time blogger who is there to entertain while mixing fan insights. Sure beats reading some crusty windbag who takes themselves way too seriously and probably doesn't actually watch the games. 

• Like 2

Since I been a Hawk fan, I experienced misery from this franchise. This is the best season I can remember in fandom. I am not AHF, I wasn't there when Nique was in Atlanta. I am downgraded to watching several game tapes and some ESPN Classic games with them but I wasn't there, at least as a fan. This move would shake up my Basketball love. I would probably stop watching the NBA period.

This is deep!...and I cosign to the fullest!...Hawks leave atlanta and I honestly could very well be on the edge of being done with the NBA. My passion would instantly leave for the proffesional sport of basketball and as much as I love the squawk I would immediately post my farewells and ask for my account to be deleted.

Very sad thought...I love the Hawks even when they are bad and I love the squawk! The thought of one billionaire asshole being able to ruin that for me is freighting and just really pisses me off!

But I honestly don't think silver will let atlanta go anywhere...in fact I can only see the ATL helping the NBA earn more money especially if they keep this elite level of play up.

They are tied to the arena for 30 years or until the construction bonds are paid off, which are $120+M from doing. It would be a major grip for anyone to move them, not to mention the relocation fee; if the NHL got $70M from the Thrashers' move, how much would the NBA demand?

That said, I wouldn't watch another second of pro basketball if they took the Hawks away. Not after watching them for over 35 years, not getting a payoff, only to see the light bulb pop on right as they go on sale. I give Dolf permission to delete my account if ever an announcement was made; you can bank on that.

Hopefully, we won't see another Flames like sale, which to me was far more painful. They actually cared about winning when they were here....

Man this is deep too! Lol

I completely understand where you're coming from. I haven't watched the Hawks as long as you but I have been a fan for a while and like you I have been waiting for this team to play like the way they are playing now which is elite.

It just sucks to know some big wig could take that passion away from you as long as his pockets are deep enough!

If the Hawks ever did move the ASG should get ran out the city for being a poor ownership that could never get it together.

Damn assholes!

• Like 1