• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dan Le Batard Show Showing Hawks (Korver) Some Love

BackForThe2ndTime

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12139087

Starts at about 12:30 but listen a little earlier if you want to hear about him saying "Not Josh Smith" should make the All-star team blum2.gif . He talks about how prolific a shooter Korver is. How when he gets the ball and it's obvious he's open, opposing crowd's sag and home crowd's basically perk up because he's so good at what he does. Talks about how few guys that happens with. Only consensus they came up with in the current league is Curry and I agree. Dan set them straight when someone says Liliiard. lol. Lilliard's nice but his 3 is a little on the streaky side. Reddick is also mentioned but idk that he's feared like that.The other closest name mentioned is Dirk who is close,  but idk. 

Cool listen either way. Figured I'd share.

• Like 2

I made this GIF the other night... this should be used a lot, haha.

EnergeticSourKillifish.gif

And the fact that it appears EVERYONE is having FUN, well maybe except for JJenkins...the 'culture' has OFFICIALLY been changed Edited by 00Blink
  • Like 2

As the NBA-TV said during the Hawks-Clippers highlights...

'they swing it to Korver and...you know what happens next...'

Outside of Curry, there isn't a more fearsome sight in the league for an opponent than watching Kyle Korver get the ball without someone being draped on him like a $5 suit from Kessler's. You can hear the fear from the groans of the crowd whenever the Hawks are on the road. It's the 'let anyone shoot the ball wide open EXCEPT HIM' groan. It's sweet music to my ears.

Atlanta knows that groan, too.  It's the exact same "let anyone shoot the ball wide open except him" groan the home crowd made when Josh played for us.

• Like 2

It takes a special defender on his best behavior to slow Kyle down. As great as Tony Allen and Tayshaun are, even they had countless breakdowns in doing so. Historically I would say the longer, athletic, sound principle guys can/have shut Kyle down with a little luck. The Paul George, Ariza types. It seems young guys aren't disciplined enough and older guys can't run.

I figured the sky was the limit with this team after the Wizards win. Kyle sat the whole fourth quarter I believe, yet we still won comfortably.

I made this GIF the other night... this should be used a lot, haha.

EnergeticSourKillifish.gif

Under-the-radar MVP of that gif is Muscala with the way-tooo-early, yet-totally-acceptable "3 goggles".

The windup, stance and delayed putdown are what put it over the top for me.

There is so much going on in that gif, you have to look at it 5-7 times just to see what everyone is doing. Dennis with antics. Pero pulling and jumping. The line of 4 guys getting out of the way. And, there in the back Moose. Its like a Harlem Shuffle vid.

• Like 3

I can only imagine what they'll have in store when (might as well dip a toe into the deep end of the pool) they make it to the ECFs or beyond and Korver's lining up a kill-shot in the final minute of a ballgame. You might see the Cabbage Patch, Electric Slide, Harlem Shake, and Lord knows what else, all in the same clip.

• Like 1

I can only imagine what they'll have in store when (might as well dip a toe into the deep end of the pool) they make it to the ECFs or beyond and Korver's lining up a kill-shot in the final minute of a ballgame. You might see the Cabbage Patch, Electric Slide, Harlem Shake, and Lord knows what else, all in the same clip.

The Harlem Shake would be perfect for all the troll negative posters around here who poisoned the waters early on but will be there jumping up and down and acting a fool when we win the championship. 

• Premium Member

On top of everything, I would have to echo how impressive Korver's fitness is. Not only is he one of the more underrated defenders in the NBA he also has to be one of the more underrated athletes. They should track the stat of how many miles Korver covers during a game the way they do with soccer players (well it's kilometers in soccer but you get the idea). The guy never stops moving on either end and I've yet to see him seem tired or winded. It's pretty amazing.

• Like 1