• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Thunder

lethalweapon3

GM to Coach:  "what can we do against these Hawks?"

Coach: Not sure...they have an all-star center (now healthy) and an all-star PF...their PG will likely will be an all-star this year and their SG owns the league in shooting %age.  Add to that their SF is like Dennis Rodman with a jumper.

Opposing GM: "Well what about their 2nd team?

Coach:  "Well sir, they have a good backup Center in that Pero guy and a second backup with an old dude who can still play.  They are very athletic at the wing on the 2nd team with Thabo and Bazemore and they all hustle.  They even have a 3rd PG who can play PG or SG - you know - the guy from Butler who went to the final four...Mack."

GM: "OK so lets go at this Mack"

Coach:  "Well the thing is - they have this second string PG who is faster than greased lightening and he plays ahead of Mack - he is really quick.

GM:  "OK so what are you saying?"

Coach: "well...uh"

GM: Sh!t

You know you wanted to finish it DJ

• Like 1

Paul clearly adopted some Harden tendencies when driving the hole from Team USA.

Everytime you think he's gonna get stripped in heavy traffic becuase he's showing the ball to get fouled, but no. He magically gets in tight creases for soft glass layups with his dribble, footwork, and strength that players always somehow underestimate like they do Harden. Ibaka looked like he wanted to retire after tonight.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Paul clearly adopted some Harden tendencies when driving the hole from Team USA.

Everytime you think he's gonna get stripped in heavy traffic becuase he's showing the ball to get fouled, but no. He magically gets in tight creases for soft glass layups with his dribble, footwork, and strength that players always somehow underestimate like they do Harden. Ibaka looked like he wanted to retire after tonight.

Dat versatility tho. good.gif

Great stuff as usual lw3...I'm hoping for a great game tonight !!

...actually, I'm kind of going through "Billy Joel Syndrome" with the Hawks now.  Had a hard time getting excited about the Indy game.

(note:  Billy Joel Syndrome is a syndrome where people have trouble digesting sudden success after many years of struggling.  Mr. Joel worked for many years to "make it", then "suddenly" became a star, married supermodel Christie Brinkley, and actually got bored)

Agent:  "Good morning, how did it go yesterday Billy?"

Mr. Joel:  "OK, we put down another great track, I'm sure the next album will go platinum again, went home and had a wonderful meal, drank some wine and Christie had been reading the Kama Sutra again so we did stayed in and wore each other out"

Agent:  "Wow..you got it MADE Bill"

Mr. J:  "Yeah, it's OK, probably do the same old stuff today" (sigh)

Same here! I couldn't figure out a way to express it, and felt guilty for feeling it. I thought it was just the super lame ESPN call of the Pistons game. Then the Pacers game came along and for 2 games in a row I just felt "meh". I was asking myself "DAFUQ???" All is well now though ;)

Edited by hazer

Paul Millsap is so cool to watch playing for us.  I really wanted us to draft him (lead the ncaa in rebounding three years in a row) but we had the really high pick and I actually thought we were doing OK drafting the Dookie "Landlord".  If I remember right we didn't have a second round pick due to BK's trades.  So Sap went to Utah and worked his ass off (and made a lot of money along the way - so you can't give those Mormons too much sh!t)...

...and finally he is with us peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif

• Like 3

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1. Lw3 u rule!!!

2. Westbrook-shove that in ur dumb lil "athletic" face.

3. 15 straight- I just ate like 5 Krispy kremes I'm hyphy ...don't u judge me..:-D

Thunder bench only scored 22 combined points while our bench scored a combined 32 points.  Outside of Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka, the next leading scorer was Adams with 9 points.  That's why I was amused by the critics saying we need a superstar.  We saw how OKC were becoming unglued in the second half once their shots stopped falling.  I mean, their bench gave them little support to where Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka played over 35 minutes apiece.  In the meantime, not a single Hawks player played more than 33 minutes.  Our leading scorer had 13 off the bench.  

What I really enjoyed the most about this win was how we imposed our will from the 2nd quarter on.  We were living in the paint all night long.  They tried everything they could to stop Korver, and we still scored over 100 against them.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1. Lw3 u rule!!!

2. Westbrook-shove that in ur dumb lil "athletic" face.

3. 15 straight- I just ate like 5 Krispy kremes I'm hyphy ...don't u judge me..:-D

This definitely isn't Hawk related but,

http://imgur.com/gallery/A98bJ

Thank me later Spud

Great win tonight. Definitely didn't want us losing this game after Westbrook sh!tted on us with that cocky dunk. Glad he got shut up.

Also Westbrook looks like a damn Ninja Turtle.

Edited by RVJATL
  • Like 1

I loved seeing the fans stand up and cheer for this team at the end.

The fans support and Teague gives them instant gratification with the steal on Westbrook and dunk. That dunk got the crowd as loud as I've heard all season. I may have gotten a little lump in my throat during that sequence. I mean <cough> I was just choking on my beverage that's all.

I think we may have gotten a few more converts tonight. Jump on the bandwagon I don't care. I'll take that crowd any night of the season!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Last night, it went from DMC to Bazemore to Teague to Trillsap!!!

Up by 13, I started to think that the refs was about to pull one on us.  They let Teague get killed on the offensive end then they charged Baze with a foul on KD that was clearly a block.  They called Teague for a foul when Westbrook fell on his own... However, our guys just kept playing.  Seasons past, we would have gotten into it with the refs and lost our composure.  Last night, it was like it just made us mad and we played harder.

Every player had a hand in the win.  OKC couldn't find enough help to stop us.  We are a Machine!!!  We the South!!!!

Last night, it went from DMC to Bazemore to Teague to Trillsap!!!

Up by 13, I started to think that the refs was about to pull one on us.  They let Teague get killed on the offensive end then they charged Baze with a foul on KD that was clearly a block.  They called Teague for a foul when Westbrook fell on his own... However, our guys just kept playing.  Seasons past, we would have gotten into it with the refs and lost our composure.  Last night, it was like it just made us mad and we played harder.

Every player had a hand in the win.  OKC couldn't find enough help to stop us.  We are a Machine!!!  We the South!!!!

I hope Cam was happy seeing THE BEST TEAM IN Basketball up close!!!

• Like 4