• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stephen A. Hates On Hawks yet again (while admitting the NBA is rigged)

GameTime

cleveland has lost 20 games already, atlanta won't lose 20 games this entire season...I'll worry about a playoff matchup with them in four months- until then, I'm going to enjoy watching the hawks prove all those blowhards at the "world wide leader" wrong

Yup and Atlanta is superior to them as far as a complete team debate goes but too bad the refs control the playoffs...Hawks got to beat lebron and the refs unfortunately if they run into each other. Smh

This is my favorite topic as of now and would like to re visit it once the playoffs start.

In a sense it is a warning to all hawk fans to brace yourselves for a ton of bullsh*t waiting to happen. I have watched this NBA league way too long! The fact that the Pistons are arguably the only complete great all around team who had no top 50 hall of fame players to win a championship in the last 20-25 years should tell us just how much the league envy star players over great all around complete teams like the Pistons and today like our Hawks

Edited by JTB

They also got Mozgov and got rid of Waiters. Those are all improvements to the team plus their starting to learn to play with one another. If yall can't see that the Cavs are a better team then they were prior to their trades then I'd suggest having that head examined.

Mozgov is basically replacing Varejao except Varejao was likely better.  

With the new additions, the Cavs are certainly better, but they still aren't on our level and this will be proven soon enough.

Don't believe me, just watch.

CLE is in a different place because of lebron and lebron only! Has nothing to do with love and kyrie they are just fillers to make the bullshit they will likely get in the playoffs easier to explain....and yes team ball can beat them but team ball can't beat the refs when they start allowing LBJ teammates to get to the free throw line including lebron himself just cause it's lebron

Spurs already making a name for themselves helped big time when it came to foul calls against lebron and the heat

This is nonsense.  Not even the refs could save the Heat in that series last year.  The refs can only swing a close series.  There's nothing they can do when the other team is winning by 20+.

• Like 1

Stephen A. like many of the "major" talking heads really irk me.   

When criticism comes from a great who has played the game and actually accomplished something (Ex: Magic Johnson), I respect their opinion way more, because they have done it, they have gone through being an athlete and can see things media personalities don't see.  

Stephen A. knows he's a character. I don't even remember him breaking down NBA footage in his life, but then again Im sure thats a product of sports media in general dumbing it down for everyone.  

While we are on the topic. I love how even athletes are responding to the garbage he is spreading. Not that I am a fan of Josh Gordon or what he does but I did find his statement very amusing. Stephen A. counters with more garbage that the masses eat up as per usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojIS6KknrpM

This is my favorite topic as of now and would like to re visit it once the playoffs start.

In a sense it is a warning to all hawk fans to brace yourselves for a ton of bullsh*t waiting to happen. I have watched this NBA league way too long! The fact that the Pistons are arguably the only complete great all around team who had no top 50 hall of fame players to win a championship in the last 20-25 years should tell us just how much the league envy star players over great all around complete teams like the Pistons and today like our Hawks

You are overreacting.  The Mavs don't win in 2014 if the refs determine every outcome in the playoffs and finals.

You are overreacting. The Mavs don't win in 2014 if the refs determine every outcome in the playoffs and finals.

Not overreacting but those teams including the okc team that got to finals shot extremely well!

So you're expecting the Hawks to do just that?....I mean that's fine cause that's one way the refs don't control the game but using Spurs and mavs aren't a good series to use when you look at how well they shot the ball.

Ok, everyone needs to stop jumping to extremes. Saying that there is superstar favoritism is not the same thing as saying "the refs determine the outcome of every series"

We know that not only is there star favoritism but that at least some refs have been knowingly complicit in massaging outcomes. Just look up d*ck bavetta. That doesn't mean it's "fixed", but the refs have been that 6th man in the past

• Premium Member

My thoughts are these:

Stephen A. is right... Unfortunately.

Like I said in another post, Lebron has gone and got his doping right.

The problem with Cleveland is that they don't play defense.   Blatt hasn't changed that. The question is can we take advantage of it.  Sir Teague looks mighty good.  i can see him abusing Irving all night.  I worry about having a rover like Lebron following Korver and filling passing lanes. I honestly believe that last year against the Spurs, biogenesis was so bogged down with what was going on with Baseball that Lebron couldn't get his REUP.  However, he blatantly took time off so that he could redope this year. We have to face a guy who is on all the steroids in the world and he will have all the ref help.

My one hope is this.  My hope is that Adam Silver is better than David Stern.  My hope is that Adam Silver mandates that the refs call it right.  It's hard to judge after only one year but I want to say that Silver isn't a Stern clone and he won't do everything for ratings, but he's a basketball purist and he wants to see the best team win.  If that's the case, I think we can beat Bane and his minions from Cleveland.

My thoughts are these:

The problem with Cleveland is that they don't play defense. Blatt hasn't changed that. The question is can we take advantage of it. Sir Teague looks mighty good. i can see him abusing Irving all night. I worry about having a rover like Lebron following Korver and filling passing lanes. I honestly believe that last year against the Spurs, biogenesis was so bogged down with what was going on with Baseball that Lebron couldn't get his REUP. However, he blatantly took time off so that he could redope this year. We have to face a guy who is on all the steroids in the world and he will have all the ref help.

My one hope is this. My hope is that Adam Silver is better than David Stern. My hope is that Adam Silver mandates that the refs call it right. It's hard to judge after only one year but I want to say that Silver isn't a Stern clone and he won't do everything for ratings, but he's a basketball purist and he wants to see the best team win. If that's the case, I think we can beat Bane and his minions from Cleveland.

Myself and KG have been pounding the roof tops about this! Happy to see we are not the only ones here who have noticed..

Take off for two weeks to go to Miami and come back more explosive , faster , more powerful and magically put on 15 pounds. It is so blatant and yet the media ignores it? This dude is a fckn fraud and I do not mind saying it whenever and to whomever. My respect lvl has gone up for Duded like KD and Anthony Davis cause of your fraud ass LeRoid!!

My thoughts are these:

The problem with Cleveland is that they don't play defense. Blatt hasn't changed that. The question is can we take advantage of it. Sir Teague looks mighty good. i can see him abusing Irving all night. I worry about having a rover like Lebron following Korver and filling passing lanes. I honestly believe that last year against the Spurs, biogenesis was so bogged down with what was going on with Baseball that Lebron couldn't get his REUP. However, he blatantly took time off so that he could redope this year. We have to face a guy who is on all the steroids in the world and he will have all the ref help.

My one hope is this. My hope is that Adam Silver is better than David Stern. My hope is that Adam Silver mandates that the refs call it right. It's hard to judge after only one year but I want to say that Silver isn't a Stern clone and he won't do everything for ratings, but he's a basketball purist and he wants to see the best team win. If that's the case, I think we can beat Bane and his minions from Cleveland.

I've never known LeBron to be asked to guard an off ball shooter. Star players must conserve energy and not face screens. They don't have anyone to chase Kyle.
  • Like 1

I've never known LeBron to be asked to guard an off ball shooter. Star players must conserve energy and not face screens. They don't have anyone to chase Kyle.

Exactly! Lebron will be cemented to the court elbows to help cutoff driving lanes for Millsap and Teague. Unfortunately for the Cavaliers, this strategy will play heavily in our favor. Kyle and Demarre will have plenty off space to shoot in the 1st half. The second half will be the dagger. Blatts only choice will be to have Lebron chase Kyle or Demarre, leaving open lanes to the basket. And that's how you wear down a superstar. If anyone thinks the Cavs have a chance against us in the playoffs, then they need their heads examined.

My thoughts are these:

The problem with Cleveland is that they don't play defense.   Blatt hasn't changed that. The question is can we take advantage of it.  Sir Teague looks mighty good.  i can see him abusing Irving all night.  I worry about having a rover like Lebron following Korver and filling passing lanes. I honestly believe that last year against the Spurs, biogenesis was so bogged down with what was going on with Baseball that Lebron couldn't get his REUP.  However, he blatantly took time off so that he could redope this year. We have to face a guy who is on all the steroids in the world and he will have all the ref help.

My one hope is this.  My hope is that Adam Silver is better than David Stern.  My hope is that Adam Silver mandates that the refs call it right.  It's hard to judge after only one year but I want to say that Silver isn't a Stern clone and he won't do everything for ratings, but he's a basketball purist and he wants to see the best team win.  If that's the case, I think we can beat Bane and his minions from Cleveland.

This is what I hope for as well..........  The fact the Stephen A. even mentions this is proof enough that most are aware that it occurs but chooses to look the other way or give it the shoulder shrug.  The Hawks simply need to continuing playing like they are playing and get there first.   GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1