• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stephen A. Hates On Hawks yet again (while admitting the NBA is rigged)

GameTime

If anyone believes that the Cavaliers is the better team just because of the JR Smith and Iman Shumpert acquisitions, then you need your head examined. Offensively that team is the same it was pre-trade. Team ball beats superstar ball every time. Did we forget about the last NBA Finals where a team structured Spurs embarrassed the Superstar driven Big Three? Haha! Let everyone stay sleep! I'm enjoying this ride all the way to the Finals! And who's going to effectively defend our floor spacing system? Cleveland..? Child please..

• Like 1

If anyone believes that the Cavaliers is the better team just because of the JR Smith and Iman Shumpert acquisitions, then you need your head examined. Offensively that team is the same it was pre-trade. Team ball beats superstar ball every time. Did we forget about the last NBA Finals where a team structured Spurs embarrassed the Superstar driven Big Three? Haha! Let everyone stay sleep! I'm enjoying this ride all the way to the Finals! And who's going to effectively defend our floor spacing system? Cleveland..? Child please..

They also got Mozgov and got rid of Waiters. Those are all improvements to the team plus their starting to learn to play with one another. If yall can't see that the Cavs are a better team then they were prior to their trades then I'd suggest having that head examined.

I think we all agree that until it's proven in the playoffs we aren't going to get respect.

I think where I disagree is that CLE is in a much different place than we are. Irving hasn't proved anything. Love hasn't proved anything. And LBJ has only proven that if he has Wade and Bosh, his team might win, but not necessarily... and particularly against a "team ball" team.

LBJ has proven he can get his team to the finals and you can't ignore that. He's got what 5 appearances? A she and Love and maybe Kyrie will get superstar calls as well.

I have to agreed and disagreed with Stephen A.  Sure in the playoffs, things is going to grind to halt, more superstar calls and you have that person to make the shots when it counts. 

However, that is the beauty of this team, since you don't know who is going to be the one who is going to take the shot it will make the coaches and players confused of who they need to cover, because everybody can get to the hoop at will, shoot the 3 and make teams pay if the other teams key on a another player.  Last night game versus Portland is a small sample of those type of games.

• Like 1

History shows you need Hall of Fame superstar talent just to make the Finals. I can't blame anyone for taking a "wait and see" approach with our playoff hopes, especially with LeBron James in the way. I wouldn't go to Screamin' A. for any type of analysis, though.

• Like 1

I couldn't watch the clip, but if the argument is that superstars get calls, and the hawks don't have a superstar, so they might suffer, I totally agree.

We do have a "big-3" if you mean all-stars, but we don't have a superstar iso player. We should trade for melo and bench him til the playoffs so he can draw some BS fouls off fade away jumpers in crunch time.

Last year, my dear wife patiently let me demonstrate how Paul George got foul calls that other players didn't. When u can go frame-by-frame on DVR it becomes incredibly obvious.

Jordan was the best player ever, but he would bump a guy 15 feet out and take 4 steps and dunk for the and-1. Used to drive me crazy. It's hard to beat a team when they basically have a player with a cheat code.

• Like 1

They also got Mozgov and got rid of Waiters. Those are all improvements to the team plus their starting to learn to play with one another. If yall can't see that the Cavs are a better team then they were prior to their trades then I'd suggest having that head examined.

Cleveland is a lot better and they are going to be a very tough out.  We can beat them, but we are going to have to shoot well.

We can't have Pero going 0-30 from three in a series like he did last year.

• Like 1

Y'all care too much - games gotta be played regardless of opinions.

There's this strange guy that showers at the gym that I go to, maybe ill ask his opinion on the Hawks too.....feel?

1. Explosive? How bout they have Love and Irving... both of which have had to be relied upon previously for stats because MIN and CLE without them had been so inept otherwise. Call that explosive if you want.

2. Guys that can shoot?... hehe... sure wish we had some of those.

3. Rim protector? I'll give you that. And... we have an offensive system that Roy Hibbert will testify mitigates the rim protector thing.

4. Refs? I'll give you that. I don't pretend to know how the refs will flow.

5. History? History isn't on the side of the Hawks in the regular season either, for that matter. We'll have nothing given to us, on that much we agree. It will all be earned.

Irving just dropped 55 points the other night, So, yes... Explosive.

Dealing with Lebron and Irving both would be tough. JR Smith hasbee playing well for them. Tristian Thomas is athletic enough to give the Hawks trouble up front.  Shumpert can guard Korver also.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

The Hawks are atop the Eastern conference by 7 games, so it's not like they can't talk about us... but for years they have been able to ignore us because we never a legit threat.  Now they have to talk about us, but we aren't a star studded team and our brand of basketball is considered boring by most.  I remember ESPN and other sports media personalities shunning the 2005 Finals between the Pistons and Spurs because it was viewed as boring without stars there.  These networks are whores for ratings and their typical viewer only cares about Lebron and Kobe.

• Like 1

cleveland has lost 20 games already, atlanta won't lose 20 games this entire season...I'll worry about a playoff matchup with them in four months- until then, I'm going to enjoy watching the hawks prove all those blowhards at the "world wide leader" wrong

• Premium Member

This Hawks team has taught me to keep my ass on the fence...and do a little more waiting, seeing, and general non-drinking of my own Kool-Aid.  

We have a good team...check that.  We currently have the "best" team in the NBA.  We play a style of ball that is uncommon, but effective.  None of that invalidates every other team, player, coach, and system.  Especially not those teams that feature really good players.  LeBron is a phenomenal talent who is surrounded by an incredible amount of talent.  That doesn't automatically mean they'll win it all, but surely I'm not going to sit here and just dismiss them with a wave of my hand.

Secondly, people are doing the same thing to us that they did to the Pistons.  We are TALENTED, but their style of play and relative obscurity of our guys masks how good they are individually.  Statistically, Teague, Sap, and Horf are right there with the best at their position and NOBODY does what Korver does.  The thing is though...this team is deep and plays incredible defense as a TEAM.  That's why they're winning and that's why they are a threat to win it all.

Screw the refs, they can't stop the ball from going in.  Also not so worried about a "closer" anymore.  Horford is automatic from midrange.  Teague has been delivering big shots since the Chicago series years back and does it CONSISTENTLY now.  Sap is a load to handle from just about any spot on the floor and I don't think anybody wants to see Korver with the ball and at least 3 inches of room to shoot.

Bottom line: f*** 'em.  We're good.

• Like 4

Believe it or not, neither Love nor Kyrie have even MADE the playoffs in their 9 combined seasons so far. No telling how they'll perform in their first ever playoffs.

True but does it matter if they perform poorly or not if the refs blow their whistle for them constantly?...lebron has that kind of pull to lure the refs to help his team ya know.