• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stephen A. Hates On Hawks yet again (while admitting the NBA is rigged)

GameTime

Listen people. I see some of y'all dont believe in change or dont believe in your team. Besides Lebron James the Cavs are trash. 

Kyrie Irving has done what in his career and in the playoffs? 

Kevin Love has done what in his career and in the playoffs?

JR Smith? Shump? Moagov.

Our team has more playoff experience than the Cavs. I dont like the points SAS uses to say the Cavs have an edge over the Hawks. Look at the Cavs win streak, how many teams above .500 have they beaten how many playoff teams have they beaten during this LBJ comeback? 

Not enough to impress me at all. Those teams they beat are the same teams the Hawks have beaten. 

The game slows down in the playoffs???? I didnt know the Hawks were a run and gun team. I believe we are not even in the top 10 of fast break points or offensive tempo, also we do work out of the half court.

Besides LBJ we are a match up nightmare for the Cavs. You really think Mozgov gonna be camped in the paint against us? either that or Pero gonna have a field day at the 3 point line. Who will stop horford? Millsap, Korver. Teague and Kyrie will cancel each other out. Kevin Love is not stopping no paul millsap or Al Horford.

People are making these assumptions with nothing to back up with.

I do fear the refs in the playoffs more than any team we will face. If the NBA tells the refs to make sure the superstar teams get past us then we have no chance.

Now this a valid point. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Myself and KG have been pounding the roof tops about this! Happy to see we are not the only ones here who have noticed..

Take off for two weeks to go to Miami and come back more explosive , faster , more powerful and magically put on 15 pounds. It is so blatant and yet the media ignores it? This dude is a fckn fraud and I do not mind saying it whenever and to whomever. My respect lvl has gone up for Duded like KD and Anthony Davis cause of your fraud ass LeRoid!!

The next time we play Cleveland at Home. I would love to hear a LOUD cheer of STEROIDS everytime Lebron touches the ball.

This is a great trap thread for figuring out who cannot think for themselves and are sensitive to anything ESPN says.

Have not watched BSPN in five years and I feel great!

Have not watched BSPN in five years and I feel great!

That's about the same timeframe that I have not watched ESPN outside of live events. It used to be for just Hawks games and Clemson games, but I caved and will now watch lots of different live events if they look entertaining enough. Absolutely none of the talking heads crap though. I don't care who can scream the loudest.

Around the Horm finally found time to discuss us after the streak ends. It was mostly complimentary. Gutierrez and Fagan called the streak a "coming out party" and that the style of play can/should be sustained much more so going forward than Cleveland. Plascke praised Bud but called the Cavs over us in the Con Final. Cowlishaw: "I rather be the team trying to figure it out with LeBron than the team that has figured it out without him".

Surprisingly there was no blatant disrespect, they realize we have the "best offensive flow" and the point margins and defensive ratings were touched upon. Totonto, Washington, and Chicago weren't mentioned thankfully. As much as I hate ESPN, I've always liked that show, refreshing they gave us some props.

Last second edit: nice note on Kyle's 20-point shot checklist near the end. Cool stuff. And oh sh@t, break up PTI. They both agree we're the class of the East.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

As much as I would like to disagree with Stephen A, I can't.  I believe in this team, but I just can't talk too much until they do it in the playoffs.  He is right.  What we are doing is very impressive, but if we don't at LEAST make the ECF everyone will be proven right.  There have been tons of recent #1 seeds who killed it in the regular season (Cleveland, Chicago, Dallas, etc) and had a disappointing playoffs.  

I think we have a very good chance but i don't blame any skeptics.

• 3 months later...

LBJ has proven he can get his team to the finals and you can't ignore that. He's got what 5 appearances? A she and Love and maybe Kyrie will get superstar calls as well.

They also got Mozgov and got rid of Waiters. Those are all improvements to the team plus their starting to learn to play with one another. If yall can't see that the Cavs are a better team then they were prior to their trades then I'd suggest having that head examined.

Man I had a feeling that these moves were going to make the Cavs a lot better and I was right. Shumpert was severely underrated and JR Smith was a perfect fit for the Cavs. I do wonder how we would have fared vs them if they had Love playing big minutes vs Thompson / Mozgov. 

Mozgov is basically replacing Varejao except Varejao was likely better.  

With the new additions, the Cavs are certainly better, but they still aren't on our level and this will be proven soon enough.

Don't believe me, just watch.

@JETSET ... 

@JETSET ... 

They are the better team for now.  Mozgov, Shump and J.R. all ended up being better than I expected. Who would have expected much from J.R. and Shump after they sucked it up in New York.  It says a lot about their character.  When you are making that kind of money, you should be giving your all no matter what the situation is.

I'm still not going to use this series as some permanent referendum on this team's capabilities.  Injuries obviously played a big part while their shooters made their open shots and ours did not. 

• Moderators

They are the better team for now.  Mozgov, Shump and J.R. all ended up being better than I expected. Who would have expected much from J.R. and Shump after they sucked it up in New York.  It says a lot about their character.  When you are making that kind of money, you should be giving your all no matter what the situation is.

I'm still not going to use this series as some permanent referendum on this team's capabilities.  Injuries obviously played a big part while their shooters made their open shots and ours did not. 

Shump has always been solid - I just didn't expect him to shoot it that well.  Smith is mercurial.  If he is in a good state of mind, he can be deadly.  If he isn't he can be toxic.  Head cases like that need an alpha dog and Jordan did that with Rodman and Lebron did it with JR.  The Knicks have made so many bad deals the last few years that it is just mind boggling - trade for Bargnani, getting rid of Chandler while trying to make the playoffs, dumping Shump / JR for junk...the list goes on and on.  They have said they want a veteran instead of their pick.  I wonder if they will be dumb enough to trade that pick for some mediocrity.  Probably not but I would have said the same about several of those other transactions.

• Premium Member

As for Shump, I watched him shoot a lot and miss a lot for 3 seasons at GT. In his defense, there were times he was the primary ball handler. So you did have some poor ISO, Paul Hewitt clogged toilet offense jumpers mixed in there. Still though, he missed a lot of wide open looks.

His defense wasn't surprising but between those years and his struggles in NY I was really surprised he shot so well.

• Moderators

As for Shump, I watched him shoot a lot and miss a lot for 3 seasons at GT. In his defense, there were times he was the primary ball handler. So you did have some poor ISO, Paul Hewitt clogged toilet offense jumpers mixed in there. Still though, he missed a lot of wide open looks.

His defense wasn't surprising but between those years and his struggles in NY I was really surprised he shot so well.

Part of it was good luck, I think.  He only shot 34% from 3pt range this season but shot 43% against us.  That isn't sustainable for him but in a 21 attempt sample it is well within the range of very realistic possibilities.  

Shump has always been solid - I just didn't expect him to shoot it that well. Smith is mercurial. If he is in a good state of mind, he can be deadly. If he isn't he can be toxic. Head cases like that need an alpha dog and Jordan did that with Rodman and Lebron did it with JR. The Knicks have made so many bad deals the last few years that it is just mind boggling - trade for Bargnani, getting rid of Chandler while trying to make the playoffs, dumping Shump / JR for junk...the list goes on and on. They have said they want a veteran instead of their pick. I wonder if they will be dumb enough to trade that pick for some mediocrity. Probably not but I would have said the same about several of those other transactions.

I could see them trading that pick. My guess is they strike out on the gamechangers and end up giving Monroe and Tobias max or near max contracts and they end up with the same problems they had with the trio of melo, amare and chandler.

Irving just dropped 55 points the other night, So, yes... Explosive.

Dealing with Lebron and Irving both would be tough. JR Smith hasbee playing well for them. Tristian Thomas is athletic enough to give the Hawks trouble up front.  Shumpert can guard Korver also.

Props to you for being right on the money about Tristan Thompson.

Props to you for being right on the money about Tristan Thompson.

Let's all go back and quote Hotlanta. I'll never forget the time he said "the Hawks will have a magical year that will make everyone happy, and then they'll lose in the EC finals and people like me will make you bask in my negativity and people will quote me from last year."