• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question for the Forum

Watchman

Unfortunately I haven't gotten to see a lot of the games thus far, but it seems to me that the last couple of games there has been more "stand around and watch" than I was expecting. 

Is that a valid observation?  If so, we've got to get back to what brought us here.

I think it also points out the real value that the defensive play of Carroll and Sefalosha bring to the table.  I am really bummed about Thabo's injury.  The man plays defense and is a great rebounder for his size.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Bazemore and Dennis getting an increase in playing time have turned the new Hawks back into the old Hawks.  

and Teague being in a slump offensively doesn't help.

WTH happen Pero?  Dude has been hot garbage of late.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 2

3 games in 4 nights.  The hoopla of winning 19 games.  They looked gassed to me.  Missing 13 of 33 shots within 5 feet of the rim.  Yeah they had them jelly legs.

I wonder if Bud will rest anybody tonight.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

I agree with cap and others.  Fatigue and teams giving us their A-game has taken it's toll.  Teams are playing the passing lanes better and aren't letting up on our shooters.  Teague and Schröder aren't finishing at the rim like they have been and Sap seems drained.  Bud tried to give these guys time off, but the All-Star break is exactly what this team needs.  Although 5 of our guys will be involved with All-Star weekend in one way or another.  Hopefully Bud rests our Hawks during the ASG... Give them only 10 minutes while making Lebron, Gasol, and Wall play 40. lol

• Like 3

Bazemore and Dennis getting an increase in playing time have turned the new Hawks back into the old Hawks.  

and Teague being in a slump offensively doesn't help.

WTH happen Pero?  Dude has been hot garbage of late.

Blaming Dennis is wrong. Baze is a copout since he's only playing these mins due to injuries. 

Teague deserves far more blame, he was #3 in the MVP ladder two weeks ago. 

• Premium Member

Unfortunately I haven't gotten to see a lot of the games thus far, but it seems to me that the last couple of games there has been more "stand around and watch" than I was expecting. 

Is that a valid observation?  If so, we've got to get back to what brought us here.

I think it also points out the real value that the defensive play of Carroll and Sefalosha bring to the table.  I am really bummed about Thabo's injury.  The man plays defense and is a great rebounder for his size.

I have to agree.  I believe we got to the one on one thing from just being successful.  We got lazy.  I hope the loss put the reminder back in us that it was ball movement and player movement and not settling for bad shots that got us here.   I see it most with Dennis, Paul, and Teague in that order. 

Unfortunately I haven't gotten to see a lot of the games thus far, but it seems to me that the last couple of games there has been more "stand around and watch" than I was expecting.

Is that a valid observation? If so, we've got to get back to what brought us here.

I think it also points out the real value that the defensive play of Carroll and Sefalosha bring to the table. I am really bummed about Thabo's injury. The man plays defense and is a great rebounder for his size.

Listen to me and no one else on the squawk unless they are saying something similar......

This Hawks team is TIRED!!!! They are fuc*ing TIRED!!!!...and that's not an excuse just because I'm a Hawks fan like you...no! no! no!....our Hawks team that is 40-9 are truly tired!

I know they aren't the old age Spurs! I know they haven't had many back to backs lately but they are tired and need rest! The all star weekend need to get here because our guys are burned out.

I'm worried about our games this week only because the team is tired...once they rest up we can start talking about another streak to be made

• Like 2

Its last years rookie's fault says the guy who said Dennis would just be more euro trash never going to make it in this league.

That must primarily be because there is no significant drop-off in his stats and is significantly improving his three-point shot and TO ratio last weeks.

How many games have we lost because of his 8 points, 3,5 assists, 2 rebounds and a steal off the bench. Last couple of months...

But good to see you back Rhino. I guess losses count for something to some people...

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 3

Listen to me and no one else on the squawk unless they are saying something similar......

This Hawks team is TIRED!!!! They are fuc*ing TIRED!!!!...and that's not an excuse just because I'm a Hawks fan like you...no! no! no!....our Hawks team that is 40-9 are truly tired!

I know they aren't the old age Spurs! I know they haven't had many back to backs lately but they are tired and need rest! The all star weekend need to get here because our guys are burned out.

I'm worried about our games this week only because the team is tired...once they rest up we can start talking about another streak to be made

AND we have a winner!!!!!  GO HAWKS!!!

• Premium Member

Its last years rookie's fault says the guy who said Dennis would just be more euro trash never going to make it in this league.

That must primarily be because there is no significant drop-off in his stats and is significantly improving his three-point shot and TO ratio last weeks.

How many games have we lost because of his 8 points, 3,5 assists, 2 rebounds and a steal off the bench. Last couple of months...

But good to see you back Rhino. I guess losses count for something to some people...

I'm just calling Dennis out for taking a some questionable shots.  He's a good player but at times his confidence can be a bit irrational.

I don't recall referring to him as euro trash, and if I did I was clearly wrong.   

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

I'm just calling Dennis out for taking a some questionable shots.  He's a good player but at times his confidence can be a bit irrational.

I don't recall referring to him as euro trash, and if I did I was clearly wrong.   

I think the issue of this thread is iso-ball. In that case, yes, Dennis plays more iso plays with the bench(and does so all year, under directions of coach Budenholzer, often even directing Dennis during play to go iso) which is more prone to ending up with bad shots. But iso-ball is not bad in of it self when there are just limits to what you can string together with such a group of players and the bench all in all does a good job of holding on to leads.

But all in all I think Dennis is not peculiarly often involved in really bad decision making. This team wouldnt have come this far if it where...

And as for you calling him Euro-trash, I must have mistaken you for someone else and in that case I apologize, unless that Clint Eastwood avatar used to be John Wayne and it was you.smile3.gif

Edited by DS17Fanboy

I think the issue of this thread is iso-ball. In that case, yes, Dennis plays more iso plays with the bench(and does so all year, under directions of coach Budenholzer, often even directing Dennis during play to go iso) which is more prone to ending up with bad shots. But iso-ball is not bad in of it self when there are just limits to what you can string together with such a group of players and the bench all in all does a good job of holding on to leads.

But all in all I think Dennis is not peculiarly often involved in really bad decision making. This team wouldnt have come this far if it where...

And as for you calling him Euro-trash, I must have mistaken you for someone else and in that case I apologize, unless that Clint Eastwood avatar used to be John Wayne and it was you.smile3.gif

That was probably DJ who had the John Wayne avatar. 

Dennis is the best thing we have to a Manu type of player. I know he does not have Manu's jumper, but he is near stoppable at getting to the basket, and I think you need one of those players. Everyone can't be on the perimeter throwing up jumpers. Dennis is going to have to take some jumpers to try and keep defenses honest, or they will just block his shots like they were doing earlier this year.

• Like 3

Dennis is the best thing we have to a Manu type of player. I know he does not have Manu's jumper, but he is near stoppable at getting to the basket, and I think you need one of those players. Everyone can't be on the perimeter throwing up jumpers. Dennis is going to have to take some jumpers to try and keep defenses honest, or they will just block his shots like they were doing earlier this year.

I think you are absolutely right here. He is doing a great job at filling that attack mode off the bench. This is what we needed from Lou but never happened. The fact that a player as young as him plays with his maturity and intensity is awesome IMO. And he is still being molded by Bud. The jumper is really coming along too. He couldn't shoot well at all when he first came here.

I think you are absolutely right here. He is doing a great job at filling that attack mode off the bench. This is what we needed from Lou but never happened. The fact that a player as young as him plays with his maturity and intensity is awesome IMO. And he is still being molded by Bud. The jumper is really coming along too. He couldn't shoot well at all when he first came here.

That's why Lou became expendable.

Btw, Lou is down below 40% in shooting for Toronto now.

This is a great comparison, even down to being a little wild sometimes.

Good call.

That's why Lou became expendable.

Btw, Lou is down below 40% in shooting for Toronto now.

Exactly. Plus the defense that Dennis brings is miles ahead of Lou.