• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stoudemire anyone?

Peoriabird

The Knicks just recently waived Amar'e Stoudemire and he was averaging 12 points/6.8 rebounds/.9 blocks playing 24 minutes per game this season with a per of 19.4.  Surely he is an upgrade over Pero right?

i think he would be, but I wonder if he doesn't have a reputation of being a "black hole."  If he can't/won't pass out of a double team, then he might be a bad fit.  I'd certainly rather have him than Ray Allen.

Why don't we just end this thread with the reminder that Bud just said the reason he traded Payne was because there already weren't enough minutes to go around for the bigs we have. We're not adding another to the mix; not unless you think Bud was just lying and it was all because Payne just sucks (not likely). I can't see that changing unless it's a situation just too good to be true and we simply can't pass it up. That's not Amare, BTW.

If we add someone it's likely going to be a wing, like Horford said we need.

Edited by RandomFan

Why don't we just end this thread with the reminder that Bud just said the reason he traded Payne was because there already weren't enough minutes to go around for the bigs we have. We're not adding another to the mix; not unless you think Bud was just lying and it was all because Payne just sucks (not likely). I can't see that changing unless it's a situation just too good to be true and we simply can't pass it up. That's not Amare, BTW.

Wonder if this is just a smoke screen.  You'd think that Stod would be motivated to play on a winner this late in his career. 

• Premium Member

Pero is not a good player so yes we could stand to upgrade the front court.  Stoudemire offers a dimension that Pero just simply can't provide.  So sorry, we don't have the number #1 big man rotation in the league and if Pero plays like he did in last year's playoffs, we will be in serious trouble even in the 1st round

Pero is not a good player so yes we could stand to upgrade the front court.  Stoudemire offers a dimension that Pero just simply can't provide.  So sorry, we don't have the number #1 big man rotation in the league and if Pero plays like he did in last year's playoffs, we will be in serious trouble even in the 1st round

I think Bud has too much faith in Pero is as a backup and I'm afraid that it's going to cost the Hawks in the playoffs. 

Bud's faith and loyality to older players reminds me of Bobby Cox.

• Like 1

Pero is not a good player so yes we could stand to upgrade the front court.

Then take it up with Coach Bud. He's the one that loves Pero.

"He's so unique," said Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer. "He does things, you just go back and watch film and usually it's brilliant. It's not necessarily anything that we've told him. He's just a really, really smart, instinctive player, including the defensive end. You go back and watch tape of him and learn a lot."

"Offensively, I think people probably pick up and see the stuff he does on that end of the court with the passing and the screening," said Budenholzer. "He's a great screen setter. I think people probably don't appreciate that when guys come open, it took a great screen to get that guy open.”

“Driving it and passing it and pump-fakes,” Budenholzer said, “there's so many small things that I think when you add them up, they may not be in the box score, but I know his teammates appreciate it and most of the time I appreciate it. Sometimes I get frustrated with it [laughs]. I have to remind myself he's brilliant."

The stats back it up. Among players with at least 400 minutes this season, Antić has the league's best per-minute plus-minus of any player not on the Golden State Warriors (per Basketball-Reference).

Edited by RandomFan

• Premium Member

Then take it up with Coach Bud. He's the one that loves Pero.

We are not trading Pero for Stoudemire!  We are just adding Stoudemire as another big man option!  Pero doesn't play every game and many times when he is terrible, he is hurting the team..Those are the times you can insert someone else like a former all star who still shoots 55% from the field and gets you 20/11 per 40 minutes with a TS of 58.9