• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: (Some) Hawks - heat

lethalweapon3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

38 points in the 4th quarter kinda gives me some pause about the defense from hell thing... but then again, it feels like I'm being nit-picky by even bringing that up... just like it also kinda like it feels like I'm being nit-picky to mention we actually only have 14 on the roster... who's counting, right?

Edited by sturt

Great win. In control most of the game but still entertaining in the end. And we did it without most of our starting lineup. Dennis outplaying another top tier point guard. Whiteside stacking up quality but irrelevant rebounds. crazy.gif

A huge chunk of Dragic's points come off the fast break and so he will most likely struggle against this team more often than not.

From MSG too

• Like 2

Miami forum, when the user read about our starting lineup

LOL @ this Hawks squad... just a joke. They really don't care to win at all.

Our starters should blow these guys away....

I love to read such sh!t after the game...

Edited by rd79
  • Like 3

That reminds me, I can't remember who it was, but someone in chat asked if Bud would sit out Korver and Millsap our next game vs Houston. At the time I said probably; but looking at the schedule ahead, I'm changing that to probably not.

He will probably sit some people for our game vs Phily on March 7th. It's the 2nd game of a back-to-back, and it's winnable even with sitting people. We have 2 days off between our next game at Houston, so no real need to rest them for that game. Then we have one day off, followed by a back-to-back with Cleveland here and at Philly on the 6th and 7th.

The players sitting I would expect Millsap, Korver, and Pero since he never plays the 2nd game of back-to-backs. It's possible Schröder will sit as well. That might even mean we get to see a start for Horford at PF, with Brand and Moose handling the C rotation like they did for the Heat game.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1

How about Moose with 4 blocks in 16 minutes?!? So many of you wanted a rim protector and it turns out we already had him...you just didn't know it.

Get crunk with it, get MOOSE with it, like Short said, let Bruce Bruce hit it.

I remember a few folks calling for a Whiteside pick for the Hawks when he was drafted. None more so than @ if I recall correctly.

Yep then again, he looked awful in Summer League at times. His improvement finally caught up to his his tools and talent.

I really like that summary chart

Maybe it should become part oft every game thread.

• Like 4

• Moderators

The Cavs sit Lebron and Irving on Friday and lose to the lotto Pacers... The Hawks sit Teague, Horford, Carroll, and Antić and beat a playoff team in Miami... Somewhere there's a frog sippin' tea... lol

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 3

Miami forum, when the user read about our starting lineup

I love to read such sh!t after the game...

Thanks for finding that jewel! 

Maybe America will begin to wake up to the Hawks! Folks in Houston are certainly aware of them now;)

Go Hawks!!!!