• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Spurs

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

officially concerned at this point esp. on the defensive end. We are just not giving the same effort we were and it is a worry. I'm scared too many of the guys are now in "cruise to the end of the season" mode.

• Like 1

Im a big fan of both teams but i have to be honest, i was kinda dissapointed of hawks performance, Jeff teague is still being the same passive teague last 3 games, did he stop believing to Atlanta?

Im really glad that Coach Pop and Coach Bud will have a dinner date tonight, Pop could give some advice to Bud. Then, hopefully, Hawks fatigue will finally go away, and Teague will be the agressive teague that i really enjoyed watching.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

Dennis stepped up but so did Diaw. 

Our problem was that we were down 10+ from the beginning...

I don't know what happened to Jeff and Al.

They play far below their pre ASB performances.

Al's shooting is down, he misses his trademark jumpers and since he lacks easy buckets from post play that hurts a lot.

Jeff's performance went down all around. Not that explosive, careless with the ball and misses a lot of easy shots (think about that shaqtin' dunk tonight)

Dennis stepped up but so did Diaw. 

Our problem was that we were down 10+ from the beginning...

I don't know what happened to Jeff and Al.

They play far below their pre ASB performances.

Al's shooting is down, he misses his trademark jumpers and since he lacks easy buckets from post play that hurts a lot.

Jeff's performance went down all around. Not that explosive, careless with the ball and misses a lot of easy shots (think about that shaqtin' dunk tonight)

Millsap is still playing hard... But Horford and Teague are not the hard worker that Millsap is. You can go to war with Sap but you can't with Teague and Horford.

Atlanta teams doing what Atlanta teams do.

Yep...it was only a matter of time...and the last few games really exposed "time"

Yep...it was only a matter of time...and the last few games really exposed "time"

We played 3 straight games against championship contenders and came out 0-fer. Regardless of injuries or referees, that's pretty bad. The team defensive problems have been going on too long now to blame the missing parts screwing up the machine. I only see 2 or 3 customary defensive performances this month versus Cleveland and Phoenix, arguably Houston.

Hopefully we can get fully healthy and tune up against inferior yet tenacious teams the rest of the way. If this were February I would expect us to win out. This current defense could go .500. I forever have faith in my boys to turn it around, though.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I'm seeing passive Teague and early season Al.

The defense has fallen off BIG time.

DMC is hesitating on his shot attempts, didn't see that before.

Dennis and Pero were the only two players who seemed into the game from the start.

Sap had no chance against Splitter and even Diaw, they're just too big.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

We played 3 straight games against championship contenders and came out 0-fer. Regardless of injuries or referees, that's pretty bad. The team defensive problems have been going on too long now to blame the missing parts screwing up the machine. I only see 2 or 3 customary defensive performances this month versus Cleveland and Phoenix, arguably Houston.

Hopefully we can get fully healthy and tune up against inferior yet tenacious teams the rest of the way. If this were February I would expect us to win out. This current defense could go .500. I forever have faith in my boys to turn it around, though.

look at the box score and see where the minutes are going. when the box score looks like it did earlier in the season you will notice a different result.

and we DONT have that number one seed locked up either. cleveland is 8 back now.........

late edit. rechecked the standings. NO WAY cleveland catchs us..........we would have to go 3-9 the rest of the way for cleveland to tie us and 2-10 for them to clinch.........and thats with them winning out........

Edited by atlbenz

7 measly freethrows AT HOME??? Smh

Teague: 6 assists 5 TURNOVERS, smh

Horford: 8 points, 3 rebouds, smh - wth happened to Jeff and Al these past 3 games.

Another wasted great game by Peto. Pero now playing well, meanwhile Al and Teague disappearing. SMH

Edited by JayBirdHawk

7 measly freethrows AT HOME??? Smh

Teague: 6 assists 5 TURNOVERS, smh

Horford: 8 points, 3 rebouds, smh - wth happened to Jeff and Al these past 3 games.

Another wasted great game by Peto. Pero now playing well, meanwhile Al and Teague disappearing. SMH

Oh how we long for the days where all we had to bitch about was Pero.
  • Like 2

i know right lol. Now were bitching on Jeff and Al.. Same typical routine..

Lol...Difference is there are certain expectations from the starters, what ever we get from Pero is icing.

I thought we gave too much respect to Duncan in the post at the beginning of the game. That left their shooters wide open for easy shots and is part of the reason why we got down early.  I would have let Timmy get his and stayed home on the wing players.  Splitter, Leonard and Diaw were just made shots, nothing we could really do.  Schröder might be ready to take the reigns next year as starter if he keeps playing with this confidence.  Teague is just not a true point guard.  He does not have the instincts of one.