• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"Official" Game Thread: Hawks - Hornets

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

70452657_66900741.jpg

"I'm suited up under these warmups, Coach Cliff. Just say the word..."

Hey, my computers are on the fritz again, probably from posting so many celebratory YouTubes last night!

So I figured I'd better just put up a quick thread post before this old Univac conks out and fails to save my writeup again.

Stuff you probably already know:

* Number one seed's all locked down at 55-17, nothing else to clinch unless G-State starts acting silly.

* Hawks are playing on a back-to-back, in the middle of four-games-in-five-nights stretch.

* Starters will sit tonight! That will probably mean Dennis-Jenkins!-Baze-Moose!-Brand.

* Pero is listed as probable after resting his neck in yesterday's crowd-pleasing win over Miami.

* Schröder struggled getting shots off vs Miami (3-for-10 FGs), but was masterful with the passing (11 assists, 2 TOs).

* Better production needed from Shelvin Mack (2-for-9 FGs; 5 assists in 24 minutes yesterday) to spell Schröder on back-to-back night.

* Schröder plus bench players last night 11-for-33 FGs, so find smart opportunities to crash the boards and don't settle for contested jumpers.

* Can Moose set good screens on offense, nearly as well as Pero and Al do?

* Hornets at 31-40, but still just 1.5 GB the current 8th seed. Game vs. Hawks' bench guys becomes a must win for them at home.

* MKG sprained his ankle in Charlotte's 2OT loss in D.C. last night, likely will sit.

* FG shooting last night: Jefferson 14-for-24, other Bugs 22-for-80.

* Clifford will probably play of lot of Lance, even though he'd rather not. No starts since December 17. 12 minutes played yesterday.

* Clifford still won't play much Noah Vonleh, even with Cody Zeller likely still out (shoulder).

* Charlotte getting beaten up by opposing bigs: Brook Lopez last Wednesday, Gortat and Drew Gooden (double-double) last night.

* Jefferson: career-low shooting and offensive rebounding, struggling with knee issues but wants to play though them.

* Clifford: Jefferson "is not going to be at 100% the rest of the year. He is just not."

* Jason Maxiell will get a boost in floor time to spell Marvin.

* Kemba: inconsistent as a scorer, excellent as a ballhandler.

* Kemba and Jefferson each in NBA Top 5 for lowest turnover percentages (min. 30 minutes/game).

* Hornets defensive rating (per 100 possessions) just above Atlanta's (8th in NBA)

* Worst effective field goal percentage in league, only Knicks and Sixers have worse offensive rating.

* Hawks don't need to bail out Hornets' sloppy and off-balanced shots with chippy fouls.

* Charlotte shot more than twice as many free throws Friday as the Wizards, allowed them to nearly steal a road win.

* Battle of the Commodores! Will we get to see John Jenkins and Jeffery Taylor play each other today?

Let's Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 4

Now we get to see the "real" Hawks play tonight!

This will be the heart and soul of the team out there.

They are the ones who have to bide their time until

needed.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Is Lionel Richie coming back, too?

~lw3

The bench will be called upon to score in spots much more than defend in the playoffs. I don't think we'll ever see more than 3 reserves at a time, usually with DeMarre and/ or Al to keep the defense respectable.

Jenkins, Moose, and Baze were very encouraging with their performances, 50% shooting and 8 threes between the 3.

Edited by benhillboy

These guys scored 100 points!

Defense wasn't very good, was it.

But, Hawks did grab some rebounds and put up a good fight.

Charlotte had very few turnovers, thanks to soft defense.

With -0- starters playing, Hawks kept the game close until late.

Good game, even if we didn't win.

fan_1.gif

• Like 1

Anyone have Schroders post all star break stats? Gotta be around 15 points and 7 assists or something. So young and so good.

Mike showing his range and rebounding while Johnny showing how cash he is. He had a moment in the second quarter where he hit two 3's in consecutive plays, it was so Korver like haha

Edited by Ryaan
  • Like 2