• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

• Moderators

This only means one thing; Jenks might actually get to play...

Not so fast, my friend!

~lw3

• Premium Member

Don't ever get into it with the police. That situation can go as far as they want it to go and it won't end well for you. They got off easy considering the physical nature of the events that took place. There are some who were guilty of a lot less but who aren't around to talk about it. Of course this gets more press than a franchise record 58 wins.

ATTICA! ATTICA!

Don't ask those coppers about screwing in a light bulb.

~lw3

That's right!!! Keep movin officer Krumpkie!!

Edited by Spud2Nique

After reading this, Im starting to lose my respect to Thabo and Pero.. =(  I thought they are professional basketball players.. Clubbing in 2-4a.m. in NY instead getting some rest and preparing for next game is not very professional. It's like their taking their NBA professional basketball career for granted...

I wonder what their coaches, teammates, and hawks organization will think about them now... 

Also, im not going to be surprised if Thabo and Pero get suspended or both of them will get traded in next season..

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

cant believe this is up to 12 pages.  Also it looks like Thabo will be out for some time with that leg.  Gonna need him in the ECF. 

Looking on the bright side you never know when you see someone limping.  He very well could be back by round 1 who knows right now.  

Edited by bobrathbun4pres

After reading this, Im starting to lose my respect to Thabo and Pero.. =(  I thought they are professional basketball players.. Clubbing in 2-4a.m. in NY instead getting some rest and preparing for next game is not very professional. It's like their taking their NBA professional basketball career for granted...

I wonder what their coaches, teammates, and hawks organization will think about them now... 

Also, im not going to be surprised if Thabo and Pero get suspended or both of them will get traded in next season..

Dude relax SMH.  The majority of NYC police are assholes.  That is a fact.

Probably went down like this...  Copeland and his lady friend were injured and waiting to receive medical treatment.  Crowd started to form around them.  Thabo and Pero seeing a fellow NBA player in need of help and space shielded them off from the crowd.  Police showed up and told everyone to clear the area very rudely.  Pushing, shoving and knocking people out the way like they always do.  Pero and Thabo get pushed by said rude officers and reacted.  Police of course need 20 police officers to handcuff one person... 

Pero and Thabo are lucky to survive. A lot of people who deal with the NYC police don't. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

~lw3

• Moderators

So, we got 11 days to wrap up the Finals before... PIPE DOWN OVER THERE, MORA!

~lw3

Some idiots in this thread. Losing respect for our players without knowing every detail and especially coming off a major win. Let those boys cook

Dude relax SMH.  The majority of NYC police are assholes.  That is a fact.

Probably went down like this...  Copeland and his lady friend were injured and waiting to receive medical treatment.  Crowd started to form around them.  Thabo and Pero seeing a fellow NBA player in need of help and space shielded them off from the crowd.  Police showed up and told everyone to clear the area very rudely.  Pushing, shoving and knocking people out the way like they always do.  Pero and Thabo get pushed by said rude officers and reacted.  Police of course need 20 police officers to handcuff one person... 

Pero and Thabo are lucky to survive. A lot of people who deal with the NYC police don't. 

im not hating...  i just said im losing respect to THABO and PERO for clubbing late in the morning instead of preparing for next game. It does not mean i hate them... some people like skinmaskway23 take my comments too seriously... 

• Premium Member

Unfortunate situation for sure. Glad everyone will live though. However, I wouldn't blame the other players if they felt some kind of way about these guys mental focus this close to the playoffs. They're both important to the team and now Thabo is injured again (needlessly).

From NY Times story:

2015-04-08_1652.png

I bet video would tell a completely different story.

kind of like the ongoing situation in SC.  The cops released a statement saying the cop feared for his life and shot one time.  They also said the cop tried to perform CPR on the guy.  The video gets released and tells a completely different story which forces the cops to admit the truth and bring charges against the murderer.

• Like 1