• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wizards/Hawks ties lowest NBA playoff rating ever on ABC

Plainview1981

Of course, when you dont have a highly popular player or a superstar, the general public may overlook you. But it's the league's fault too.

When you give a 14 win team 8x the National TV exposure than a 60 win team, simply because they're in a bigger market, you'll see the general public not take interest in the good team.

Why the NBA doesn't have more of a "flex scheduling" setup after February 1st, is mind boggling.

What was it? 3 ESPN games and 0 games on TNT?

• Like 4

Who cares? All that tells me is that people do not appreciate team oriented basketball? If we keep winning the country will take notice

• Like 1

Who cares? All that tells me is that people do not appreciate team oriented basketball? If we keep winning the country will take notice

We're not appreciated by the purists either. Adding R.J. Hunter and Edy should help us a great deal.

that start time didn't do anything to help, plus espn, tnt etc... never televise the hawks, so no one outside georgia has a chance to build an interest in the team

sort of like when the braves were on national tv every game in the 90s, everyone loved them...now (outside of the se) who cares

Don't under estimate the draft and Mayweather fight impact too.The fight didn't start until 11:50 and I didn't get home until 2am. If I wasn't an avid Hawks fan there's no way I would have watched that game at 1.That was a sports weekend that would burn diehard people out let alone casual fans.

• Like 2

Few folks outside of D.C and Atlanta even knew there was a game that early. The ratings would've been much higher if the game took place later on. Telling folks to get up to watch a game hours after the fight was just bad business...

• Moderators

Few folks outside of D.C and Atlanta even knew there was a game that early. The ratings would've been much higher if the game took place later on. Telling folks to get up to watch a game hours after the fight was just bad business...

I'll admit that I let out an "Oh shit!!!" when I checked for tip-off at 1:15 or so and realized that the game was already in action. Also, Sunday afternoon is the time I deal with the yard. lol Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Of course, when you dont have a highly popular player or a superstar, the general public may overlook you. But it's the league's fault too.

When you give a 14 win team 8x the National TV exposure than a 60 win team, simply because they're in a bigger market, you'll see the general public not take interest in the good team.

Why the NBA doesn't have more of a "flex scheduling" setup after February 1st, is mind boggling.

What was it? 3 ESPN games and 0 games on TNT?

This is very true. Basic marketing. The league has never marketed 'team' oriented clubs. Teams like the Spurs have struggled with this.

The league always markets the Celts, Lakers, Knicks, etc. and the big name players. Even when they are pathetic.