• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Im still not giving up.

Diesel

If Deez is optimistic everybody else better be.

I'm looking more forward to the offseason than a possible matchup and murder by GS, but I'm gonna watch The Group fight till the end. This ECF appearance was all a premium, invaluable experience for the real run next year.

• Premium Member

Everybody has been talking as if we have been outclassed.  We have not been outclassed.  We have been beaten with all odds against us and we have still been right there... except for game 2. 

• Like 1

I went in expecting we could win, but now just hoping we win one.  It's amazing how over-matched we look.  Still it was a great year.  I would expect an interesting off-season; maybe add a center and a shooting guard.

• Premium Member

I went in expecting we could win, but now just hoping we win one.  It's amazing how over-matched we look.  Still it was a great year.  I would expect an interesting off-season; maybe add a center and a shooting guard.

IF we win 1, we will win 2.  IF we beat them 2 times in Cleveland, we will win the series.   It's just that simple. 

Some team has to be the 1st to overcome a 0-3...

But can some team overcome a 0-3 ... and the whistles .... and the dirty play ... and the league .... and ...

We're most certainly not over-matched, considering the circumstances.  In spite of all the things outside our control, games 1 and 3 have been in our grasp.  Just didn't make the right plays at the end.

Edited by kg01

Let's do a Red Sox!

But can some team overcome a 0-3 ... and the whistles .... and the dirty play ... and the league .... and ...

We're most certainly not over-matched, considering the circumstances.  In spite of all the things outside our control, games 1 and 3 have been in our grasp.  Just didn't make the right plays at the end.

We are overmatched talent wise as well but if we get 75% Lebron, we got a chance.

If Horford doesn't get suspended then we have a chance to at least win the next one. I'd love to see a miracle 0-3 comeback, and really their team isn't that great, but at this point I'd be happy just to see LeBron squirm for an extra couple of games. Then let GS swoop in for the easy sweep. 

overmatched ?? I dont think so - only area where we are overmatched in Lebron - and thats with all the special treatment that comes with being the King - the rest would wilt rather quickly if the games were called staright up per the rule book - no more 3 steps plus , no more charges called blocking , no more bail outs after a miss.

Unfortunately the NBA wants to see a duel between 2 superstars at the end of games  - I was hoping the Hawks would continue to ride Teague as he was giving the NBA and refs what they want but they decided to play team ball instead lol.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's just a shame we couldn't see the Hawks at their peak during the playoffs. If we had been at our peak right now we would have murdered the Cavs even with the refs being in their hip pocket, oh well.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

we win the next one, then we have a good chance in game 5. Then all the pressure is on the cavs at home game 6. Shump cooled off and horford is back.

this team showed me pride and heart yesterday. No matter the outcome of game 4, I am proud of our guys.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

If Horford doesn't get suspended then we have a chance to at least win the next one. I'd love to see a miracle 0-3 comeback, and really their team isn't that great, but at this point I'd be happy just to see LeBron squirm for an extra couple of games. Then let GS swoop in for the easy sweep. 

If we win the next game, mark us down for the next 2 games.   We force game 6.  And if we win game 6, we will be in the finals.   I think that beating the Cavs is as simple as finding the right formula.  Last night in the 4th quarter, I think we had the formula. The question that remains is does that formula still work.  Blatt is not a great coach.  It's really Lebron coaching.  And Lebron has simple ideas.   He tries to out physical everybody and then he then he tries to become Magic Johnson.  However, when the shot is not falling from the other guys, there's a panic that comes over Lebron.  We have to keep him there and win it. 

• Like 2

I think if we win game 4 we definitely will win game 5 in ATL..We won 19 straight so its possible that we can win 4 straight.We deserve to give the fans a win at home..We are on life support but we showed vital signs this last game.. I hope the guys show pride and continue to fight..

• Like 1

If we win the next game, mark us down for the next 2 games.   We force game 6.  And if we win game 6, we will be in the finals.   I think that beating the Cavs is as simple as finding the right formula.  Last night in the 4th quarter, I think we had the formula. The question that remains is does that formula still work.  Blatt is not a great coach.  It's really Lebron coaching.  And Lebron has simple ideas.   He tries to out physical everybody and then he then he tries to become Magic Johnson.  However, when the shot is not falling from the other guys, there's a panic that comes over Lebron.  We have to keep him there and win it. 

If nothing else we have an undeniable pattern on our side.

2-2 vs. the Nets and we won 2 in a row.

1-2 vs. the Wiz and we won 3 in a row.

0-3 vs. the Cavs and...

• Like 1

If nothing else we have an undeniable pattern on our side.

2-2 vs. the Nets and we won 2 in a row.

1-2 vs. the Wiz and we won 3 in a row.

0-3 vs. the Cavs and...

4!!!!!!

• Premium Member

Obviously it's close to impossible at this point, but if any season was gonna be the season impossible happens, the one where four Atlanta Hawks make the All Star team and the team goes for the best month in basketball history seems fitting.

• Like 1