• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Uniforms have been leaked!

ATLHawks3

• Moderators

As I said, I was an Atlanta Hawks fan. I never agreed to be an Atlanta Atlanta Triangle fan. The team changed, I didn't. Not sure how that is hard to follow...

Let's give @Sothron some time here and not play the "is he a real fan?" game.  Hopefully, this will be less of an issue with some time.  It would be a crappy thing to endure all the ASG fiasco and then have the last straw be some uniforms that will probably change again in a few years.

• Like 1

I like em. Being a Nike Head, it makes sense using the volt colorway in advance of them taking over the uniforms in '17. I never buy fan merchandise but I gotta snatch those vintage grey sweat shorts.

Even if you don't like them they surely evoke discussion. Stevie K is more important to this franchise than most players who've stopped through.

• Like 3

Mrs. Sothron said I can't stop supporting the team due to a jersey change. Although she agrees they are horrible looking. So I'm sure I'll find some way via the radio broadcast to support the team still.

@Sothron, you know she's right, lol.

Wait. Not anxious to see you move on, Sothron... you've been a great fan... but you might want to see how the COURT gets re-designed first. *wink*

I'm guessing Georgia Granite Grey in place of the blue.

I haven't learned this much about colors since I was in pre-k. No joke.

Mrs. Sothron said I can't stop supporting the team due to a jersey change. Although she agrees they are horrible looking. So I'm sure I'll find some way via the radio broadcast to support the team still.

Haha, Sothron-ette steps in and drops the hammer.  Let me stop.  I heed what kg01-netta says too.

And without you, possibly a championship....lol

Punch yourself in the face.  Do it!

Haha, Sothron-ette steps in and drops the hammer. Let me stop. I heed what kg01-netta says too.

Punch yourself in the face. Do it!

You put it on a T for me...what, I'm not gonna hit it? Lol

Well I think we can all agree on one thing. On opening day, seeing Pero come out to take the opening tip in these unis will be awesome!

Lolololol. Lolololol lololololol

As I said, I was an Atlanta Hawks fan. I never agreed to be an Atlanta Atlanta Triangle fan. The team changed, I didn't. Not sure how that is hard to follow...

I got your point and have my own opinion about it... Nothing to argue about any more

• Like 1

Even though i like a more traditional look, which the Hawks havent had since St. Louis, the new ones i think are ok. I believe they will look even better on the players.......

atlanta-hawks-jersey-release-960.jpg?ito

They looked like crap on the players IMO ... guess we're the Oregon ducks of the NBA now.  Changing uniform/image isn't going to make the Hawks fanbase bigger or more dedicated.  Adding the right players in FA might help but ATL has always been a fickle market in every sport.   

• Like 2

Well, it looks like they also short-changed them (they were in St. Louis from '55 to '68...). Maybe that '58-69 is in direct reference to the Hawk holding the ball logo? It still is wrong since they attached "Saint Louis" next to it.

But anyway, that wasn't the one I was thinking of...

I'm honestly shocked that @lethalweapon3 did not notice that the infographic states that Lou Hudson was the 1st overall draft pick in 1966. He was selected 4th. http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hudsolo01.html

The Hawks have only had three #1 overall pick in their entire history (1952, 1955 and 1975) and one of them (David Thompson) decided to skip the NBA for the ABA. So really, they've only had two #1 draft picks. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/draft.html