• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

No. He's wrong and trying to sound smart.

There's a difference between a "Summer Contract" and your typical NBA Player Contact. The Summer one only covers Summer League and guess what Edy signed one of those last year to play in our Summer League team.

Edy might refuse a Summer Contract in order to leverage a Player Contact, but you don't HAVE to sign Edy for an NBA contract for him to play summer league.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, but there are so many NBA rules that I'm not clear on so I wasn't sure. CViv brought it up and said he just found that out about Edy so I wonder who told him that.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, but there are so many NBA rules that I'm not clear on so I wasn't sure. CViv brought it up and said he just found that out about Edy so I wonder who told him that.

I think some "inside source" on the Hawks is playing some jokes on Viv. The guy has been saying things that are ridiculous, but still "technically" true.

Like Viv kept talking about how Hardaway is on a 1-year contract:

Uhh...well no errr kind of. Hardaway has a Team Option for the 2016--17 Season that the Hawks can pick up. If they do, then *that* is his final year. If under the super strange scenario that the Hawks decline the Team Option, then yes Chris the blind squirrel gets the nut and the 2015--16 Season is his last year. Viv eventually made up for this mistake with a hilarious new mistake:

Hardaway, 23, is entering the final year of his rookie contract and will earn $1.3 million. He has a team option of $2.28 million in 2016-17 and a qualifying option of $3.34 million in 2017-18.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/hawks-pick-oubre-but-will-trade-to-wizards/nmmJD/

Qualifying option, huh? Please Chris, enlighten me on what a qualifying option is. I'm enthralled by this notion and would love to learn about it. {/sarcasm}

This new issue of the "Summer Contract" is another head scratcher with Chris. Like, this is 100% what he is referring to with Edy needing to sign to play on the Summer League team. Does Chris know this happened last year? With not only Edy, but also Lamar Patterson. And two years ago with Lucas. I am perplexed as to how Chris thinks the Summer League can function without contracts. Does he seriously think that the Summer League is effectively a large pick-up game where the Hawks sole purpose is to provide coaches and pennies for the players? Of course the Hawks have to have a contract with all of these players in order for the players to play on the Summer League Team. This is no surprise.

Now if what Chris is alluding to is that Edy has decided to take the stance towards the Hawks of "I will not play on the Summer League Team without an NBA contract for the 2015--16 Season and beyond" then holy shit Chris you're doing a piss poor job of explaining things.

Na, I think someone is pranking Chris as a bit of payback for leaking the new Uniforms.

Technically speaking muscala is a sophomore and last year was his rookie season. He can play

Where did I say Muscala couldn't play?

And for the purposes of Summer League, Muscala is not considered a Veteran.

Tavares won't be joining the hawks summer league team.

Any possibility that he'll play in Atlanta for the upcoming regular season? Or too early to tell?

15 mins ago - via Marca.com

Herbalife Gran Canaria center Walter Tavares said today that he doesn’t know what he’ll do next year, jumping to the NBA or Euroleague team or staying in Gran Canaria.

Gran Canaria, Walter Tavares

I heard on the radio the other day that the Hawks will have to sign Edy to a contract in order for him to play in our summer league. They said Edy might not do that because he might can make more money staying where he is. I think it was CViv that said it.

I don't know how all of that works so hoping somebody here can fill me in. Is he right about that?

I heard that too, I just couldn't remember C-Viv's reasons.

That sucks that Edy won't be at SL. It's a good move for his agent, Edy doesn't really have nothing to prove with the season he just had in Europe. He could get more money in Europe or he could go to a winning NBA team and play a key role.

I literally have no reason to watch Hawks summer league now. I'm a summer league junkie and usually watch at least one game from every team and all the Hawks games. The Hawks have killed my vibe this year between the THJ trade and Tavares not playing. I guess I can watch all the players I liked for us in the draft and get more angry :).

It's weird I can't think of a draft where I liked more prospects. I think a lot of these guys will be starters and role players for a very long time. I don't see a lot of flame outs in this class; the ones deemed bust will be the some of the ones people deemed Superstars in the making. I just see a lot of 7 plus year guys in this class.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Check that. Conventional wisdom says we'll have 3 openings, and a strong desire to fill them with minimum salary contracts if possible. So, in fact, depending on how the Sap and DMC thing turns out, and who all we renounce, there could be plenty of reason to keep an eye on our SL team.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/jon-horford-brother-of-al-will-play-summer-league-/nmrKm/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_hawks_sfp

All we need is Glenn Robinson III and we can be Michigan 2.0.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Darn it, Marquis! You spoiled the fun!

~lw3

• Like 1