• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

• Moderators

I don't get the point?  I expect them to play well ... its playground ball with thrown together teams ... the talented players will standout ... my point is that sl is just a way to view your drafted players get some burn.   

Yeah, I've not seen a ton of correlation between the guys who are the top performers in the SL and the ones who make it in the real league.

I've seen a lot of correlation between guys who really struggle in the SL and those who wash out in the NBA, though.  

He averaged around 14 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocks per game. Horrible?

Those numbers don't tell the entire story. Let me say it this way, he was dominated by the likes of Jermaine O'Neal and Greg Ostertag.

"While matching up with Jermaine O’neal of the Portland Trailblazers, Duncan scored 12 points on 5/9 shooting  and grabbed 7 rebounds, compared to O’neal’s  23 points on 8/13 shooting.  The even bigger shock came when Greg Ostertag of the Utah Jazz made Duncan look like a school boy with little to no basketball experience. Oddly enough, Duncan scored only 14 points on 6/10 shooting, compared to Ostertag’s 21 points on 7/12 shooting to go along with 10 rebounds. No doubt, the Greg Ostertag pill was a tough one for Duncan to swallow. Duncan had come into summer league as the king of basketball, with all the potential in the world. He left with his head between his legs. But while the media began its debate about whether Tim Duncan should even be admitted into the NBA the following year, Duncan was already busy preparing to answer the criticism, which he later did when he took home NBA Rookie of the Year honors in 1998."

It's not showing the game though only a shot tracker stuff.

I was wrong when I said it was in red. It's actually in blue. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Maybe I'm not remembering another step I took to get it live, but I think that's all I did.

Petteway looks pretty good so far. Edy is running around pretty well and just easily outreaches everyone.

• Moderators

Those numbers don't tell the entire story. Let me say it this way, he was dominated by the likes of Jermaine O'Neal and Greg Ostertag.

"While matching up with Jermaine O’neal of the Portland Trailblazers, Duncan scored 12 points on 5/9 shooting and grabbed 7 rebounds, compared to O’neal’s 23 points on 8/13 shooting. The even bigger shock came when Greg Ostertag of the Utah Jazz made Duncan look like a school boy with little to no basketball experience. Oddly enough, Duncan scored only 14 points on 6/10 shooting, compared to Ostertag’s 21 points on 7/12 shooting to go along with 10 rebounds. No doubt, the Greg Ostertag pill was a tough one for Duncan to swallow. Duncan had come into summer league as the king of basketball, with all the potential in the world. He left with his head between his legs. But while the media began its debate about whether Tim Duncan should even be admitted into the NBA the following year, Duncan was already busy preparing to answer the criticism, which he later did when he took home NBA Rookie of the Year honors in 1998."

So he put up just fine numbers but also saw even better numbers from a future nba all-star who already had an nba season under his belt and from a veteran who had averaged around 10 rp36 in his prior two NBA seasons? Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. He wasn't great in the summer league but a near double double with 4 blocks per game certainly qualifies as better than a disaster.