• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague and Lamarcus Aldridge?

GrimeyKidd

• Premium Member

I've never been one to copy someone on this site, don't try to insinuate that. I said Millsap has one foot out the door because there are at least 3 better big men available in FA and it would be stupid of Atlanta to not try and see who they can get before they resign Millsap.

Not so fast my friend.

If the rumor is true that we could get Aldridge, that would be great but Sap beats Aldridge on the stay healthy scale.  Love is not worth the max in my opinion (unless he's going to work on the inside more).  I don't know who that third guy could be?

Sap would be good at the EB max but if we can get Aldridge instead, I won't be mad.

Conventional wisdom says Millsap will stay with the Hawks.

Yeah.....I don't think this rumor has any legs. I think Teague has probably reached out to sap and dmc to stay before reaching out to LMA

Not so fast my friend.

If the rumor is true that we could get Aldridge, that would be great but Sap beats Aldridge on the stay healthy scale.  Love is not worth the max in my opinion (unless he's going to work on the inside more).  I don't know who that third guy could be?

Sap would be good at the EB max but if we can get Aldridge instead, I won't be mad.

Marc Gasol.

• Moderators

Glad to hear Teague doing some recruiting for the Hawks. LMA would fit well and fix many issues.

And typical Squawk... Whether it's true or not, Teague does some extra leg work and the Squawk flames him for it... Come on, y'all. We want guys like LMA and Gasol and I'm sure nobody on this board has LMA's number in his phone.

I'm thrilled to see Teague doing this. I want all our best players recruiting!

• Like 2

It's interesting that Jeff Teague is recruiting a big man while bringing back Millsap is still an "option". Did Millsap say something? Did the hawks say something to Millsap? You'd think Teague would be recruiting Millsap to come back, not looking to find his replacement.

It's interesting that Jeff Teague is recruiting a big man while bringing back Millsap is still an "option". Did Millsap say something? Did the hawks say something to Millsap? You'd think Teague would be recruiting Millsap to come back, not looking to find his replacement.

That's why I don't believe this rumor....why make sap upset?

While everyone is jumping all over this...I'm thinking so what happens when LMA chooses to sign with Spurs and Gasol stays in Memphis...then Sap just may be pissed! I can se it now "I thought we were a family" Millsap said...posted in the latest AJC article

Edited by JTB

I think Teague is recruitung Sap because you never know if Sap is coming back no matter if the Hawks players/management treat him like a king. Sap might cost to much thus it is still possible not sign LMA,Gasol and Sap so the best thign to do is recruit everybody and see who wants to play for the Hawks.

While everyone is jumping all over this...I'm thinking so what happens when LMA chooses to sign with Spurs and Gasol stays in Memphis...then Sap just may be pissed! I can se it now "I thought we were a family" Millsap said...posted in the latest AJC article

Maybe the Hawks don't like aging expensive vets? Who knows. We've never been in this situation.

But with how much bud loves him I'd be amazed if we didn't at least try to resign him.

Lol. Man, these are grown men. Millsap knows this is business, 

Edited by atlhawks1

I am worried now. Jeffrey does not across as the most charismatic guy. No diss to Jeff but would Bawse not be more ideal to do this?

True. Probably could appeal better to LaMarcus since they would be in the front court together.

Marc Gasol has no interest in Lakers

Marc Gasol has no interest in the Lakers because of the uneasy last few years his brother spent with them, according to numerous people familiar with the situation.

Free Agency, Marc Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers, Memphis Grizzlies

Unless the Hawks want to blow up the team Sap will have an early bird $16+ mil 5 year offer. It's hard to be insulted at that, when the best traditional contract would be starting at $18+ mil and 4 years. It's basically apples and apples.

If a team offers a Lebron deal of 1 year $18 mil and and a player option with a wink wink agreement to go $25 mil + year 2 on a 4 year deal then what can you do?

But unless the Hawks truly can't imagine paying a total salary that is over the cap, it would be a no brainier to offer the $16 mil deal to go over. If the Hawks truly feel like they can't afford more than $70 mil in total salaries, then this was the high water mark for the Hawks for some time and we will slip back.

• Like 1

Unless the Hawks want to blow up the team Sap will have an early bird $16+ mil 5 year offer. It's hard to be insulted at that, when the best traditional contract would be starting at $18+ mil and 4 years. It's basically apples and apples.

If a team offers a Lebron deal of 1 year $18 mil and and a player option with a wink wink agreement to go $25 mil + year 2 on a 4 year deal then what can you do?

But unless the Hawks truly can't imagine paying a total salary that is over the cap, it would be a no brainier to offer the $16 mil deal to go over. If the Hawks truly feel like they can't afford more than $70 mil in total salaries, then this was the high water mark for the Hawks for some time and we will slip back.

Thats why i keep throwing my scenarios out there. If the Hawks are serious about a chip,then they GOT to pay Sap or DMC and a top free agent. There is no way around it. Wouldnt surprise me if the Hawks try and deploy the exact same frontcourt again this coming season, Pero Antić included..........lmao

Edited by atlhawks1

• Moderators

Marc Gasol has no interest in Lakers

Marc Gasol has no interest in the Lakers because of the uneasy last few years his brother spent with them, according to numerous people familiar with the situation.

Free Agency, Marc Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers, Memphis Grizzlies

The good news is that Pau should have no bad memories of his time with the Hawks!

1245041428_extras_albumes_1.jpg

• Like 1

The good news is that Pau should have no bad memories of his time with the Hawks!

1245041428_extras_albumes_1.jpg

I remember I was so happy to get Shareef....IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT...:-( All my instincts, whether what to eat, what to wear, have always been wrong-George Cantstandya