• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's highly likely we will have to trade for Wilson Chandler

NBASupes

He fits our system. He plays good defense and he can be had for a reasonable cost. Maybe not too reasonable but reasonable nonetheless. We would have his rights and can resign him this off-season. He should cost Mack+Scott+draft picks.

• Like 3

He fits our system. He plays good defense and he can be had for a reasonable cost. Maybe not too reasonable but reasonable nonetheless. We would have his rights and can resign him this off-season. He should cost Mack+Scott+draft picks.

I would do Mack+Scott and a 2nd rounder...but not a 1st rounder

I would do Mack+Scott and a 2nd rounder...but not a 1st rounder

Denver is really picky with the picks. They want a lot. With Jared Dudley going for a future 2nd. Mack/Scott and 1st should be enough. It could take less, it could take more.

Chandler would be a very nice addition to the team. I also think he's the perfect type of SF for this system. I wouldn't give a first for him. 

• Like 3

I don't want no parts of anyone from that Denver team....they quit just to get the coach fired...No thank you...

They are a rebuilding organization. If that's the case, you don't want Mosgov either. Look at what he did for Cleveland.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I get the apprehension, wolve... can't know how much he specifically had to do with the mutiny, but the fact that he didn't have influence on quelling leaves me on the fence.

I agree with the OP that Chandler is a nice fit.

I disagree pretty strongly that Chandler is a necessary acquisition.

And maybe most importantly, for now anyhow, no one can make heads or tails of what DEN is trying to do... whether he's on the market and if he is, what pieces are they looking for.

I absolutely would not deal anything more than two years of control of Mack and Scott for one year of control of Chandler. DEN would have to grow the deal and sweeten the pot for me to be prepared to let the deal have any further future implications for us.

Edited by sturt

I get the apprehension, wolve... can't know how much he specifically had to do with the mutiny, but the fact that he didn't have influence on quelling leaves me on the fence.

I agree with the OP that Chandler is a nice fit.

I disagree pretty strongly that Chandler is a necessary acquisition.

And maybe most importantly, for now anyhow, no one can make heads or tails of what DEN is trying to do... whether he's on the market and if he is, what pieces are they looking for.

I absolutely would not deal anything more than two years of control of Mack and Scott for one year of control of Chandler. DEN would have to grow the deal and sweeten the pot for me to be prepared to let the deal have any further future implications for us.

We would have Wilson's rights like Cleveland did with Kevin Love.

I think any possible starting SF who fits our system is a necessary acquisition.

Edited by NBASupes

Denver is really picky with the picks. They want a lot. With Jared Dudley going for a future 2nd. Mack/Scott and 1st should be enough. It could take less, it could take more.

Cannot throw in a 1st...no way

So if Dudley went for ONE future 2nd, why are we offering 2 players and 1st?

Too rich.

• Premium Member

Here's the other thing that I think is easily getting ignored... I mean, from the standpoint of the realistic possibility, not necessarily from the standpoint of how smart the move would be...

Bud seemingly loves having a 3rd PG who he can depend on... partially because he likes playing with two PGs in the unit from time to time.

Scott is not chopped liver. When healthy... dang, there's that phrase again... he provided a real offensive spark for this team... seems you shouldn't be real anxious to give that up lightly, imo.

And again... a lot of this is rooted in if one buys-in to Supes' premise that Thabo isn't a legitimate option as the starting 3. I suppose since I don't buy-in to the premise, I'm slower to think it's necessary... or that Bud will think it's necessary.

• Premium Member

Yeah never offer a first for an expiring contract.

I scoured all the WC teams to see who might be looking to move a player for rebuilding/cap reasons, and Chandler was the best available in the Hawks' price range, but he's not so much better than the available options to justify a "1st -for- expiring."

I would be happy with that... And I would feel much better about this coming season.

Honestly, this current roster is better than last year but last year's starting five was MUCH better. The drop from DMC to Thabo is big considering the mins and health not to mention the gap from Thabo to Bazemore is as just as big. Adding Chandler makes a great difference. I am not sure that Chandler can be as good as Carroll but he's a legit 3 and D guy and he fits what we do. It's up to him to improve and learn and adapt to our system.

• Like 1

This sounds like a GREAT idea.

Didn't Chandler do well on the Knicks during the brief Linsanity era? Is he is who I am thinking of?  We play a similar style of basketball that the Knicks played under D'Antoni while Carmelo not able to sabotage the system due to being in street clothes.