• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford's New Go-To Move - The Defended Fadeaway

SalvorMallow

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If we're going to listen to some of the people on here the only way this team wins a championship is:

1. A complete philosophy change (forget the idea of stretch bigs starting together completely and go acquire that big man that is mostly a garbage type, can average 10-12 RPG per 36 and block shots well).

2. Acquire that superstar. Either by FA or a trade.

At this point, I would be delighted to get a "garbageman" type center. 

7 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Indeed Ferry reportedly tried to.  I just don't know if Bud can be objective enough with this team.  He comes from a culture where they kept everyone together.  The difference is, the Hawks don't have the kind of players the Spurs do.

It'll be interesting to see what happens this off-season. Al and Bazemore got to get paid. Teague, Dennis, Korver, Thabo, Millsap (ETO) next summer.  This summer may need to explore to see what he could get for Teague/Dennis to get Horford to stay. I'm sure an older core of Teague/Korver/Thabo/Millsap isn't that appealing.

11 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens this off-season. Al and Bazemore got to get paid. Teague, Dennis, Korver, Thabo, Millsap (ETO) next summer.  This summer may need to explore to see what he could get for Teague/Dennis to get Horford to stay. I'm sure an older core of Teague/Korver/Thabo/Millsap isn't that appealing.

I've always said Horford is just a piece of the puzzle,  he's not a game changer (like KD and LBJ) where we have to do 'such and such' to get him to stay.

Horford's been my favorite player but I don't like the way his play is trending.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

ESPN NBA TRADE MACHINE says that Horford, Scott and Mack for Howard would go thru.........

We could probably get Howard, but I don't think he's the physical specimen he once was.  Let's look for something younger.   Which Big is Philly willing to give?

I also heard that KMart is on the List of available players.   He would fit nicely here.

Horford for KMart and Dieng wets my whistle.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Al started slow last season but he had a good reason, he was coming off an injury. This year however he has played softer than any other time he has as a Hawk. I have been patient with him but last night was it for me. He has had other moments this season that really made me  shake my head , like that game where it was a loose ball right in front of him and he made absolutely no attempt to try and get it.  Seeing him constantly jack up 3's, avoid contact, not battle on the glass, pass up shots at the rim to kick to a shooter, and looking like he is not engaged most games is more than enough.  Paying Al the max and going forward with the under sized front court of him and Sap will just continue to highlight a weakness we have seen for years as fans of this team..

A move has to be made. Something has to give at some point but I'm afraid that Bud likes his guys and continuity so things might not change.

I believe Al is playing for the future.  He wants a big payday this offseason and he knows that the only way he will get it is if he stays healthy.   So he's not putting fourth an effort that may hurt him.  That's why I'm saying, let's explore moving him.  

Ive already said Horf for KMart and Dieng.

How about Horf for Hibbert and Clarkson?

Now @Diesel, we both know that Bud isn't going to trade for any current, potential or future game changing star (don't know if that'd be Clarkson though. My disdain for all things Missouri related, doesn't allow me to even consider that. Lol). 

Also, I don't think Horford and Dennis would give us that. They could get a solid starter but no one to put the team over the top. 

On 12/11/2015, 11:15:37, hawkman said:

This is why the Hawks absolutely have to start taking the Draft seriously. The whiffs and highly questionable decisions in the first round have had a cumulative impact on this team.

Thats all ive been saying. If you gonna just THROW away picks, at LEAST try to find a guy who JUST rebounds or blocks shots. I dont care if he gets ZERO points, thats what your STRETCH BIGS that bud is in love with, are for.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Never thought I'd see the day when Al Horford would become the most villified player on the team.

Not surprising though. It happened to Nique, Mookie, Reef, JT, nd JJ.  Teague had the villian crown, but now it's Horford.

No villifying from me....I don't like the effort he's giving so far this season and I'm free to voice my displeasure.

Can you say you are happy with his play?

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No villifying from me....I don't like the effort he's giving so far this season and I'm free to voice my displeasure.

Can you say you are happy with his play?

this....I expected so much more from al this season, especially when playing for a pay day

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Mdizzle5 said:

Now @Diesel, we both know that Bud isn't going to trade for any current, potential or future game changing star (don't know if that'd be Clarkson though. My disdain for all things Missouri related, doesn't allow me to even consider that. Lol). 

Also, I don't think Horford and Dennis would give us that. They could get a solid starter but no one to put the team over the top. 

Dude is shooting almost 42% from three and he's not some bad from 2.   He's Kyle Korver's replacement.

4 Rebounds in 35 minutes last night from our starting center last night. That  is just sad. lol

Between the Hawks and the Heat , there were 12 guys that played at least 20 minutes.
Of those 12, Horford was 11th in rebounding. Only outrebounding Gerald Green 4 to 3 , and tied with Schröder, while playing 9 more minutes :ahf:

• Like 4