• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do the Knicks have a better roster than the Hawks?

Hawkmoor

Roster  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From what i saw the last two games, i THINK that just MAYBE they do.  Hawks didnt lose because of lack of rebounding, the knicks just look more TALENTED than the Hawks. To me, they CLEARLY have the better starting five.  How is it that the Knicks went from the bottom of the Eastern Conference, to having a better roster than the team in the best record in the East, in ONE off season??? point guard, we have the edge, shooting guard, knicks all the way, small forward, knicks all the way, power forward, sap has come on hard, so i give the hawks the edge NOW. center, a push. the bench,  knicks have the edge.

Edited by Hawkmoor

26 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Hawks will be in the playoffs, most likely with home-court advantage, Knicks won't.

They're trying to play their best basketball at the end of the season (playoffs) instead of streaking during the season. If they're still playing bad in February-March then I'll start worrying.

745004f30eef210610316c8ee68ff7a7.jpg

problem IS...........they played like this AFTER the allstar break last year, all the way thru the playoffs. they havent looked like a contender since last year BEFORE the allstar break and EVERYBODY knows it.  People were saying the SAME thing late last year, " relax". " they can turn it on ", etc. etc.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

problem IS...........they played like this AFTER the allstar break last year, all the way thru the playoffs. they havent looked like a contender since last year BEFORE the allstar break and EVERYBODY knows it.  People were saying the SAME thing late last year, " relax". " they can turn it on ", etc. etc.

After they put everything they had into that 20 game winning streak. After that the NBA had the blueprint on how to beat the Hawks, now it takes effort from our guys to win games instead of relying on the system. They can deny it all they want, but our guys were burned out in the playoffs and it was tough to give 100%.

We don't have to rush for the number 1 seed this year, the only eastern team we should be worried about in a  7 game series is Cleveland. We want to go into the playoffs healthy and streaking.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

But they did turn it on and got to the EC Finals, despite playing like a 50 win team.

Until one of these East teams behind Cleveland breaks away from the pack, there's absolutely no reason to be overly concerned with the Hawks up and down play.

We just don't want to be in a situation in which the Hawks finish as an 8 seed, and have to face Cleveland in Round 1.  And due to the experience of Wade and Bosh, avoiding them in Round 1 ( if they have home court advantage ) would be in our best interest.

Everyone else is suspect, and can be taken out.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Exactly , going back to last season the Hawks were outstanding in Dec. and Jan,
but were a little above average team in Nov. ,Feb, Mar, April ,May and Nov and Dec of this season.
That's 2 months of greatness and 7 months of being slightly above average . 
I have to think the larger serving size is who we really are. A slighty above average, that did nothng to replace Carroll or fix our defensive rebounding issues.

• Like 1

The starting lineups may be a push for me.  I never liked Melo, although he has looked much better this year defending as well as assisting and rebounding as well as he ever has.  Of course Thabo nor Baze can be compared to him.

Calderon definately is limited and nowhere near Teague's level of athleticism.  Same can be said for Teague being nowhere near Calderon's PG IQ, who's always been in another class in terms of shooting and assist to turnover.

Another "no comparison" between Afflalo and 2016 Kyle.

Of course Sap has a magnanimous edge now.  Porzingis' ceiling under Bud would be limitless, though.  He alone makes their prospects for the future better than ours: it's not looking like Dennis is the star some of us hoped he could grow into.

As far as Lopez I appreciate a True 7 footer who's rugged.  I also get disgusted watching Al a lot this year.  Still, I will keep my wits about me and say "no comparison". 

Ive always been a Fisher fan, he's done a great job considering how bad his past year was.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

After they put everything they had into that 20 game winning streak. After that the NBA had the blueprint on how to beat the Hawks, now it takes effort from our guys to win games instead of relying on the system. They can deny it all they want, but our guys were burned out in the playoffs and it was tough to give 100%.

We don't have to rush for the number 1 seed this year, the only eastern team we should be worried about in a  7 game series is Cleveland. We want to go into the playoffs healthy and streaking.

I'm not buying in to that, The warriors had a 16 game win streak,  and a 12 game win streak and they didn't get burnt out.
They didn't even rest guys every now and then like Coach Bud did against bad teams. 

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, High5 said:

Don't FORGET the NETS and WOLVES are BETTER than US, too. 

What the what?  The Nets are 10-23 and are terrible.  They will beat 20 or so teams this year but that doesn't make them better than the 40+ win teams they beat.

12 minutes ago, High5 said:

Don't FORGET the NETS and WOLVES are BETTER than US, too. 

The Wolves have some nice young players, with Rubio, Wiggins, Lavine, and Towns, but the Nets?? LOL
The Nets gave all their picks away for overpaid aging vets, and now they have nothing to show for it. They will have to try to build through free agency , but no one is going there to team up with Brook Lopez

6 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

Which brings me BACK to the talent question.  For some reason, San Antonio has ALWAYS gotten labeled as a team that wins with its system.  Nothing can be further from the truth. Its the combinations of TALENT and that system.  The Hawks have the system, but they dont have players that can create and take pressure off having to hustle 100 percent in that system. San Antonio can have effort off nights, but still win on talent. Thats the difference.

Maybe New York has a better roster than Miami...Miami currently down by 11 to New York, and New York is on the 2nd day of a b2b.

Really this is starting to look like no one is good in the East outside of Cleveland. I'll actually say it, cancel the regular playoffs in the east, let Cleveland go to the finals and have consolation series of IND vs CHI, ATL vs MIA, and TOR vs BOS.

Everyone else can be beat by anybody on any given game.

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But they did turn it on and got to the EC Finals, despite playing like a 50 win team.

Until one of these East teams behind Cleveland breaks away from the pack, there's absolutely no reason to be overly concerned with the Hawks up and down play.

We just don't want to be in a situation in which the Hawks finish as an 8 seed, and have to face Cleveland in Round 1.  And due to the experience of Wade and Bosh, avoiding them in Round 1 ( if they have home court advantage ) would be in our best interest.

Everyone else is suspect, and can be taken out.

Turn it on??  They couldve  gotten beat by a terrible 8 seed Brooklyn team and were one Horford rebound from losing the next series.

Edited by Hawkmoor