• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CViv: Hawks and JJ may have mutual interest in reunion

Diesel

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think the biggest obstacle would be coming back to a place where he was the A-1, all-star, leader and probably got the star treatment organizationally.  But now he'd just be one of the guys.  He's be below Teague in the pecking order now which, for him, would probably be weird.  That'd have to be a humbling experience to walk back into.  Al and Teague would have to spearhead an effort to get him since they're basically the only ones that were here back then.

Joe has never struck me as someone who cares about preferential treatment.  I think he would be open to returning to Atlanta.   

The fans booed JJ mercilessly whenever he came back here for reasons unknown. It would be hard to not take that personal. I'd be REALLY surprised if he came back.

Reasons unknown? Seriously? I'm not saying he deserved to be hated on but the guy didn't exactly treat the fans the way they deserve either.

JJ represents both the best and worst of the Hawks over a 7 year period and it's easy to understand why some may have trouble with cheering him on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Plus Lebron spurned JJ many years ago with the big 3 and prior to that when he got the Cavs to sign Larry Hughes instead of JJ when he was leaving Phoenix. I don't think JJ will be all too enthusiastic about wanting to play with Lebron.

20 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Joe has never struck me as someone who cares about preferential treatment.  I think he would be open to returning to Atlanta.   

I never really got that impression either but IIRC he did leave PHX in part because he wasn't going to be a priority there.  He could've been laid back here because the whole time he was getting preferential treatment.  Who knows?  I want him bak, I think he's perfect for what we need this year (in addition to the frontcourt needs anyway)

Like @Dolfan23 said, there could be some reasons he'd avoid the CLE LeeBorns.  I hope so.  Means he'd come here hell bent on sticking it to Jaemes.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I never really got that impression either but IIRC he did leave PHX in part because he wasn't going to be a priority there.  He could've been laid back here because the whole time he was getting preferential treatment.  Who knows?  I want him bak, I think he's perfect for what we need this year (in addition to the frontcourt needs anyway)

Like @Dolfan23 said, there could be some reasons he'd avoid the CLE LeeBorns.  I hope so.  Means he'd come here hell bent on sticking it to Jaemes.

He also wanted max money that Phoenix wasn't willing to give him.  I hope the reports about him being a lock for CLE are wrong.  That would not go down well with the Squawk crowd.  Frankly, if he cares about playing an important role there is no better place than Atlanta.

We have Bazemore crashing to earth, steady Thabo and a bunch of Singles at SG and SF.  It is a  low bar to clear.

If we want someone to stick it to James let's see if we can get Delonte West out of whatever padded room facility he's probably residing in. Oh wait you were referring to sticking to Lebron and not his momma.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/02/25/former-nba-guard-delonte-west-dancing-at-strip-mall-yelling-at-kids-videos/

Former NBA Guard Delonte West Dancing at Strip Mall & Yelling at Kids (Videos)

Former NBA point guard Delonte West must be going through some things, it’s been rumored over the years that he has some mental issues and he may have confirmed it after recent photos & videos have surfaced online.

1st, He was spotted barefoot in a Jack in the Box parking lot in Houston and now 2 seperate videos have surfaced of him dancing randomly at a strip mall and yelling at kids.

4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

If we want someone to stick it to James let's see if we can get Delonte West out of whatever padded room facility he's probably residing in. Oh wait you were referring to sticking to Lebron and not his momma.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/02/25/former-nba-guard-delonte-west-dancing-at-strip-mall-yelling-at-kids-videos/

Alright Delonte! Way to stick it to the man! 

Ps Lebron's mom is expecting her old e at 4:20pm...sharp...:-|

pps she in love wit da coco

• Premium Member

The Hawks really need to do something because Kyle and Baze are hurting them, add to that the rebounding problems.

I have serious problems when a team is not performing and mgt (Bud) refuse to add pieces to be competitive.   I dont except excuses like (we tried to trade and you cant make the other team trade).  In the business world I reside in if that is the excuse you are done, you lose.   If current management cant get it done fire their ass and get someone in that can get the job done, I done it several times in my business.  This is a billionaire business in the NBA and the cream always rises to the top and that is not only players but ownership and management.

Another thing that Bud seems and he may not, but he gets attached to players.  You cant do that in management, the bottom line performance is what matters.  Those who dont perform should be let go by trade, etc.   Those that take care of you and are successful should be highly taken care of by management.

Sorry for the old man philiosophy today  :biggrin:

He also wanted max money that Phoenix wasn't willing to give him.  I hope the reports about him being a lock for CLE are wrong.  That would not go down well with the Squawk crowd.  Frankly, if he cares about playing an important role there is no better place than Atlanta.

We have Bazemore crashing to earth, steady Thabo and a bunch of Singles at SG and SF.  It is a  low bar to clear.

Well if anyone would know about clearing an easy bar it would be a lawyer from Kentucky.

c4Vgdsg.gif

11 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Sigh, leave it to Dolf to kick a man while he's down.  Mental illness is a helluva drug.  Let's keep the insults directed where they belong ... at @AHF

(Don't yall love the new kinder, gentler kg01?)

Sigh, leave it to Dolf to kick a man while he's down.  Mental illness is a helluva drug.  Let's keep the insults directed where they belong ... at @AHF

(Don't yall love the new kinder, gentler kg01?)

I think@spud2nique is the only one who can attest to whether or not@kg01 is any more gentle. But we'll take your word for it buddy.

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Don't act like you're not in love with Coco as well!

CoCo2-1.jpg

I would respond further but ... can't type one-handed ....

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Don't act like you're not in love with Coco as well!

CoCo2-1.jpg

Omg...lol...now, not only am I a big fat black dude from Detroit, but this is my taste in women? Lol...wow...you want me to say it don't you @Dolfan23...fine...enjoy it...

WHERE DA WHITE WOMEN AT????

Are you happy now? 

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

Reasons unknown? Seriously? I'm not saying he deserved to be hated on but the guy didn't exactly treat the fans the way they deserve either.

JJ represents both the best and worst of the Hawks over a 7 year period and it's easy to understand why some may have trouble with cheering him on.

I've often thought that people disliked Joe because of his comments towards the fans plus his general apathy. For some reason, when you're on the internet there's a different type of person. Those in-tune with the Hawks generally brush off those comments. They'll bring up a video that Nubyjas Wilborn (?) has to give some context to the Joe comments or try and switch it up like people in Atlanta are angry with Joe because of the contract. But I think that's generally, well wrong. I don't think the average ATL fan is like that.

As a bit of evidence for this, Sean Breslin writes about Atlanta in general. From all accounts, he's not really a Hawks fan in the sense that we all are on this board. He's your more typical fan, he casually follows the Hawks and generally gets nitty-gritty details of the Hawks wrong. But here's what he had to say about Joe potentially coming back:

Here’s an idea you probably never thought you’d entertain again: Joe Johnson, back in an Atlanta Hawks uniform.

It’s far from imminent, but according to ESPN’s NBA reporter Marc Stein, the Hawks are among those in pursuit of the seven-time All-Star. I’ll give you a second to collect your thoughts and wrap your brain around this news.

Has it sunk in yet?  … No? OK, take another minute.

So here’s why this might actually make sense. The Hawks are desperately in need of someone who could come off the bench and make shots, especially as we get closer to the playoffs. And, as CBS Sports noted, “he’d get to play in a system with tons of ball movement for the first time since he days in Phoenix.”

Now that a buyout has been reached as of Thursday night, Johnson will have 48 hours to clear waivers, and if that happens, he’ll become a free agent. There will be several potential suitors for his services, but expect Atlanta to be among them.

(Also read: Baseball is back, and so are Freddie Freeman’s antics)

As for why this might not be such a great idea? If you recall, the initial separation wasn’t so pretty. In 2010, during an ugly lopsided playoff series loss to the Orlando Magic, Johnson and the rest of the Hawks were booed by the hometown crowd for the way they were throttled. After one of the losses, Johnson said the following:

That doesn’t bother me, and I hope it doesn’t bother anyone in this locker room. It’s about us in this locker room. We could care less if [fans] showed up.”

Johnson said his comments were taken out of context, but the damage was done. From then on, it was awkward. He’s been booed every time he comes back to Philips Arena, even though some fans insist the punishment doesn’t, and never did, fit the crime.

But if Johnson came back to Atlanta and threw on a Hawks jersey, you’d have to figure that would all be water under the bridge with Hawks fans, especially if he can help this team get rolling again. According to AJC.comJohnson has expressed interest in returning to the Hawks, so that’s half the battle.

Now, it’s up to the Hawks to decide if it’s worth the risk.

http://breslanta.com/2016/02/25/joe-johnson-atlanta-hawks-possibility/

Now one piece isn't strong evidence, but I think your general fan 1) doesn't know about Joe contract and 2) doesn't know the context of his comments about the fans. And boy did Joe just shit on the fans if all you did was read a headline.

Not sure why this team went to shit .....combination of many things I guess Ive seen all the speculation and usual opinions, but after the last few games, i cant really get on board with shots just need to start falling or its a small tweak were losing from DMC a la Supes.  Not saying anyone is wrong but we are a completely different team and I believe it has more to do with it taking awhile for the league to get tape on our new system and the time it took for them to dissect it - which has happened, we dont have the players to overcome that.  I dont want to blow it up but this team is worse than the old iteration with Johnson zaza horf teague etc. 

Johnson works if we dont have to pay him shit,  other than that, what are we doing.