• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CViv: Hawks and JJ may have mutual interest in reunion

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

92.9 made a good point about all this. Why would Joe give up 3 million dollars just to play for the Hawks?  Veterans give up money for RINGS.   I didnt even think about it, but makes more sense that he would sign with Cleveland.

I have a different perspective... that $3m isn't some arbitrary figure. It's the ballpark figure for the Room MLE that several teams can offer. My take is that Joe wants every penny, or nearly every penny, he is supposed to make, and that at that number, he's going to get that plus the opportunity to play in the playoffs with someone capable of making some noise.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sturt said:

I have a different perspective... that $3m isn't some arbitrary figure. It's the ballpark figure for the Room MLE that several teams can offer. My take is that Joe wants every penny, or nearly every penny, he is supposed to make, and that at that number, he's going to get that plus the opportunity to play in the playoffs with someone capable of making some noise.

The room is not worth that much. It's declining each day from January at 1/170th of its original $2.814m. Not even rounding can get the room and $3m to match up.

OKC could offer Joe the taxpayer MLE that might match up, but that doesn't apply to the Hawks so I don't have an interest to figure it out.

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

As expected, RealGM says we're looking at Kevin Martin.  Wouldn't bring much in terms of D but he is an off-ball and shooting savant.  

I never realized he was 6'7" and averages 18 for his career.  Thoughts?

I said that 4 days ago, before K Mart was bought out.

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

No big deal as far as them versus us for the division and beyond.  He's too lazy to guard ball movement and Wade and/or Riley will question his heart sooner than later.  

It was all good with Joe when you thought he might come to the Hawks, now you gonna hate on dude.........lmao

56 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is what I am expecting.  JJ joining the proud tradition of ring chasers if he is willing to forego any money that is.

Shame that players prefer to choose the easy way, riding the coat tails of others,  rather than wanting to be the one who took their team to a higher level themselves.  Hope Joe thinks it through thoroughly.

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

It was all good with Joe when you thought he might come to the Hawks, now you gonna hate on dude.........lmao

Just wait 'til he hears the boos now!

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

the_shocker_square_sticker.jpg?height=225&width=225

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an uncle whose finger looked like that...after one of his hogs bit it off.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Watchman said:

Shame that players prefer to choose the easy way, riding the coat tails of others,  rather than wanting to be the one who took their team to a higher level themselves.  Hope Joe thinks it through thoroughly.

I don't know.  The Heat aren't that good.   This is far from ring chasing in my opinion.   Cleveland is head and shoulders the way to go if you're ring chasing.   

• Like 2