• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CViv: Hawks and JJ may have mutual interest in reunion

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's the truth...if the Hawks was the number 2 seed, we wouldn't even think about adding Joe. Besides, we don't need anyone to slow down what little ball movement we do have.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Well if JJ wants to sign with the heat, just look for another one,  there still a lot other options out there, no need to be depressed and gloomy, keep your heads up and keep moving forward

I kinda sorta agree that so many times through the years for any one of my teams, there's been some icon whose signing was thought to be all-important, only to find that someone else was signed instead, and that someone else ended up exceeding that bigger name's production.

A month ago, I was so ready to see this very situation develop (ie, JJ being bought out). I felt like he could be that key veteran whose presence could make a difference, though I know several disagreed. (In fact, most disagreed he would be bought out, and only a few of us thought we would be part of the conversation, based on the premise that CLE was the automatic landing spot.) And I still feel like JOe would be a shot in the arm for us, but I'm just less certain that his presence will make a difference. Our season really rides on the horses we've got to all get their games back to the premium where they were playing last season, and all the more so now that Splitter's out. It's that simple.

So, I'm actually more content... not happy, but content... with signing a D-league project. We're not going to sign a savior to our season. That player isn't out there. Joe was only, in my book, thought to be a booster shot, not a savior. If there's a turnaround, it will have to come from within.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Relax... it's all good... has his eye on a bigger prize... Bargnani.

LMAO

Ok, do any of you remember when the Raptors' had a purple dinosaur as their icon?  They were then referred to as "Team Barney."  Ironically, Bargnani was one of the stars of Team Barney.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

You wanna bet? We make the playoffs you disappear for a month from squawk... If we miss the playoffs, I go for a month. Deal? Or are you gonna pretend you didn't say it? 

Whatever. I barely give a shit about this team at this point. It doesn't matter.

My morale as a fan is the lowest that it's ever been.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Whatever. I barely give a shit about this team at this point. It doesn't matter.

My morale as a fan is the lowest that it's ever been.

hehe... I'm thinking what that scale looks like... on a 1 to 10, I think maybe this means our cranky uncle is now at 0.9, from a previous high of 1.1, no?.... (j/k)

• Like 2