• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CViv: Hawks and JJ may have mutual interest in reunion

Diesel

• Premium Member

Joe Johnson may be bought out by the end of the day.

My thinking is that he'd fit well here as SF.   If he still has a step defensively, we could use the help from a scorers standpoint.  Question is would he rather be here or with Lebron or with Toronto?

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Joe Johnson may be bought out by the end of the day.

My thinking is that he'd fit well here as SF.   If he still has a step defensively, we could use the help from a scorers standpoint.  Question is would he rather be here or with Lebron or with Toronto?

I've been forbidden from commenting on this topic by some meanies in the other thread.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I've been forbidden from commenting on this topic by some meanies in the other thread.

I guess I missed it.   However, Joe will be bought out.  With our lack of a SF and the need for Depth, it would make sense for us to make a play for Joe and give him a test drive to see what he can do in Budball.  I think he's a good fit for this system as long as he's part of the ball movement.

I am 94% sure that the "rumors" of ATL wanting Joe are coming from the AJC as a way for the AJC writers who haven't paid attention to the Hawks since Joe was on the team can write articles that make it seem like they know what they're talking about.

In what way shape or form does Joe Johnson make sense? He's never been thought of as a plus rebounder...(although I will say for all those that decry Joe cannot exist without the basketball and an ISO-JOE setting you're flat our wrong, just look at how he was amazing his last year in Phoenix where Nash dominated the ball and he was a catch-and-shoot guy)

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hawksfanatic said:

I am 94% sure that the "rumors" of ATL wanting Joe are coming from the AJC as a way for the AJC writers who haven't paid attention to the Hawks since Joe was on the team can write articles that make it seem like they know what they're talking about.

In what way shape or form does Joe Johnson make sense? He's never been thought of as a plus rebounder...(although I will say for all those that decry Joe cannot exist without the basketball and an ISO-JOE setting you're flat our wrong, just look at how he was amazing his last year in Phoenix where Nash dominated the ball and he was a catch-and-shoot guy)

This is where I see his strength.  Being a catch and shoot guy or a catch and drive guy.  I believe that on a good day, he can give a lot of help to Korver and Sap.  We still need a  Rebounder (5) in my thinking however, I don't think Bud thinks that way.  He looks for guys who can hit open shots.  That's IsoJoe.

1 minute ago, hawksfanatic said:

Yep,

It's a shame how he got labeled ISO Joe because of Woody and Billy Knight force feeding him as a PG.

• Premium Member

Joe signs with us.  Joe becomes starting SF.   Period.   I like what we get from Thabo, especially defensively... but Thabo doesn't draw a crowd.    Our gameplan relies on scores...  Bud doesn't care about rebounds or possessions.  He cares about scores and scoring efficiency.  The movement is all about having guys who can score.

• Moderators
Just now, Diesel said:

Joe signs with us.  Joe becomes starting SF.   Period.   I like what we get from Thabo, especially defensively... but Thabo doesn't draw a crowd.    Our gameplan relies on scores...  Bud doesn't care about rebounds or possessions.  He cares about scores and scoring efficiency.  The movement is all about having guys who can score.

Thabo isn't a starter so we'd be moving Baze to the bench which is fine with me.  

Please edit the thread title to Come Back Home ISO JOE.

JJ could literally swing the balance of power in the East.  If he doesn't come back to Atlanta though, the fans who have booed him for the last 3 years ( despite him not bailing from the team on his own ), needs to take the blame.

JJ returning to the Hawks would illustrate just how much of a man the guy is, despite the fans and organization turning their backs on him.

At the end of the day, we may have a better chance of bringing JJ back if we send a delegation of Atlanta's finest adult entertainers to woo him, than to try to sell him on basketball reasons.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hawksfanatic said:

AJC may be reporting the rumor but there is smoke.   Dont be surprised if it happens.  

Here's a question to ask the board: if there wasn't a rumor about Joe Johnson, what would the sports talk radio be talking about? Or the AJC writers, what would they be writing about?

I'm curious to hear what it is they would be discussing today. Would it be a race-bait article about the NBA needing a Rooney Rule? A rant on analytics killing sportz? The Hawks playing basketball tonig....oh they don't play tonight. Rumors about trade....no can't talk about that the deadline passed. National signing day? March Madness? Spring training?

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Please edit the thread title to Come Back Home ISO JOE.

JJ could literally swing the balance of power in the East.  If he doesn't come back to Atlanta though, the fans who have booed him for the last 3 years ( despite him not bailing from the team on his own ), needs to take the blame.

JJ returning to the Hawks would illustrate just how much of a man the guy is, despite the fans and organization turning their backs on him.

At the end of the day, we may have a better chance of bringing JJ back if we send a delegation of Atlanta's finest adult entertainers to woo him, than to try to sell him on basketball reasons.

I'm not taking any blame, I gave Joe a standing O his first game back - after that booed him cause he was on the other team plain and simple.  Can't speak for anyone else though.

He would be a good addition.