• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CViv: Hawks and JJ may have mutual interest in reunion

Diesel

• Premium Member

Joe would be perfect for us. It probably comes down to how much playing time and responsibility does he want to have at this point in his career. If he wants to be the guy taking the last shot he should come here. If he is fine with being a role player and only wants a ring he will probably wind up in Cleveland.

15 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Yea Joe Johnson has size for SF postition, Hawks are interested signing him said by AJC, i don't know if it's a false rumor again though

Rumors aren't false We all know for sure that bud wants him but the likelihood of him coming back to Atlanta is about a 10 percent chance on a scale of 100.

yall know Johnson isn't coming here. He's 34 and wants to play for a contender now I'm sure. It's an unfortunate situation but I hate to see all us hawk fans put so much hope in his return when we know the truth in the back of minds that's it's rare he comes back.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Rumors aren't false We all know for sure that bud wants him but the likelihood of him coming back to Atlanta is about a 10 percent chance on a scale of 100.

yall know Johnson isn't coming here. He's 34 and wants to play for a contender now I'm sure. It's an unfortunate situation but I hate to see all us hawk fans put so much hope in his return when we know the truth in the back of minds that's it's rare he comes back.

How do we know that?

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How do we know that?

Makes obvious sense to me. Some so called rumors I believe aren't really rumors. Bud has made it obvious he needs a SF which is why he tried to trade for Middleton who's 6'8. Now that Johnson is on the market of course budcox wants him. Johnson is nearly a perfect fit even at 34.

Edited by JTB

Just now, High5 said:

I can't see Joe being desperate enough to come back here. 

Exactly ...we are a good team but we would be asking him to turn down offers to play with lebron, durant and Westbrook. Many teams are going after him cause he's still a difference maker.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Exactly ...we are a good team but we would be asking him to turn down offers to play with lebron, durant and Westbrook. Many teams are going after him cause he's still a difference maker.

But we can pay him and give him another good contract. Joe could probably get 10 million per from us if he's good which he is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Would anybody be mad if Budcox promised Joe Considerations for signing him to a deal next season if he finishes out this season with us??

I don't blame them, they talking about resigning Bazemore who's not even as good as this version of Joe at SF 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

I don't blame them, they talking about resigning Bazemore who's not even as good as this version of Joe at SF 

I think Baze has strong points and is still growing.  However, this offseason could be Horf, Baze, Joe?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, smoove31210 said:

ESPN sources say there is strong confidence within the Cavs' organization that they are in prime position to win the Joe Johnson Sweepstakes

- Marc Stein

I think that's bolstering because they could lose if Joe goes to Toronto or us.

I think he actually fits better with us than with Cleveland or Toronto.

I think he SHOULD come here over Cleveland or OKC, believe it or not. We give him money, a starting position (or at least a closing position) and a big role. He can't play the 2 anymore, he'd be a bench player for OKC or Cleveland. We'd manage his minutes well. Besides, nobody is beating GS or SAS, I'm convinced of that by now.