• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CViv: Hawks and JJ may have mutual interest in reunion

Diesel

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not taking any blame, I gave Joe a standing O his first game back - after that booed him cause he was on the other team plain and simple.  Can't speak for anyone else though.

He would be a good addition.

I'm talking about the people who booed him everytime he touched the ball.

I didn't expect people to cheer for him everytime he came back to Atlanta.  And definitely not cheer for him everytime he made plays.

But he received worst treatment than any of the players we supposedly hate ( Paul Pierce, Lebron James, etc )

And the Hawks "student section" was a big culprit in that.  They thought it was cute, and so did other fans.

Now when we actually need help, people are like, "Come back Joe. We didn't mean it. Help us."

And he just got waived ... let's see what happens now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I didn't expect people to cheer for him everytime he came back to Atlanta.  And definitely not cheer for him everytime he made plays.

But he received worst treatment than any of the players we supposedly hate ( Paul Pierce, Lebron James, etc )

And the Hawks "student section" was a big culprit in that.  They thought it was cute, and so did other fans.

Now when we actually need help, people are like, "Come back Joe. We didn't mean it. Help us."

I cheered for Joe when I went to see them play Brooklyn 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

True, but if Joe decides to go elsewhere it won't be because he got booed here.

Joe is 34, I'm sure his first preference is to go to a team with a LEGITIMATE shot at winning a ring - and that's expected.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Such click bait. You know damn well he will go to Cleveland or Miami over us in a NY minute. One star thread 

I don't know.  I don't know Joe's Motivation.  He choose us before when we were a 13 win team.   He wanted to be the man.  Even though we're a 50 win team, would he rather help us win the East or would he rather sit on the bench behind Lebron?

Since Jan 1st, JJ is fourth in the league in three-point %. He's bigger than any of our puny wings. He demands some attention on offense. If he's too slow, we can always bring in Baze or Thabo. Doesn't he still have a house here? 

Bring him back. Like others, I was glad to see him go but he'll fill a need we have now, and its no commitment going forward. 

4 minutes ago, HawksBalla said:

Since Jan 1st, JJ is fourth in the league in three-point %. He's bigger than any of our puny wings. He demands some attention on offense. If he's too slow, we can always bring in Baze or Thabo. Doesn't he still have a house here? 

Bring him back. Like others, I was glad to see him go but he'll fill a need we have now, and its no commitment going forward. 

Yea Joe Johnson has size for SF postition, Hawks are interested signing him said by AJC, i don't know if it's a false rumor again though

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

True, but if Joe decides to go elsewhere it won't be because he got booed here.

Joe is 34, I'm sure his first preference is to go to a team with a LEGITIMATE shot at winning a ring - and that's expected.

Yea i could see JJ signing  with a team like Cavs, and have a chance to win a championship, but it would be nice if he decides to go back and help his former team, he can be  a leader and mentor for them, he's also a vet and he has that experience.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker