• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CViv: Hawks and JJ may have mutual interest in reunion

Diesel

1 minute ago, TheFuzz said:

I think he SHOULD come here over Cleveland or OKC, believe it or not. We give him money, a starting position (or at least a closing position) and a big role. He can't play the 2 anymore, he'd be a bench player for OKC or Cleveland. We'd manage his minutes well. Besides, nobody is beating GS or SAS, I'm convinced of that by now.

He will start with both OKC and Cleveland but he will get in a good role in Atlanta. He will take all the last second shots. He will play in a free flowing system. He will get a lot of touches which won't happen in OKC or Cleveland and he will get another contract which you know Joe wants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we'd have to cut somebody I think.

Yeah, cutting somebody would not be a problem; Patterson or Muscala would be ok to cut, in my opinion. Hawks should have been more aggressive in the off season by signing bench vets. Teams that lose in the conference  finals or finals typically try to get better veteran bench depth in the off season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

But we can pay him and give him another good contract. Joe could probably get 10 million per from us if he's good which he is.

This. Joe is younger than Kyle Korver people forget. He can still get a couple more dollars if he keeps his minutes up IMO.

If he wants a ring this year and thats all, he needs to go to GSW.  Cleveland doesn't have a shot this year IMO. Golden State is one of the best teams in the history of the game.

Edited by GameTime

It's true that Joe would likely to sign with a contender team, he wants to win a championship knowing he's 34, but i still see there's a chance he will sign in Atlanta knowing that Hawks have a different culture now, now that they have coach Bud and have a system in place. Hawks might not be one of those contender teams yet, but they are still working to get to that level, JJ could decide to help his former team, and be a leader/mentor for the team, he's a vet and he has that experience with him.

We don't want him, he is not coming. Bud believes that Korver and Bazemore are the answers to all our problems.  He thinks they will turn in to competent NBA players just by playing them night after night. Adding a player like Joe would only take minutes away from them, and Bud will have none of that.

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We don't want him, he is not coming. Bud believes that Korver and Bazemore are the answers to all our problems.  He thinks they will turn in to competent NBA players just by playing them night after night. Adding a player like Joe would only take minutes away from them, and Bud will have none of that.

Sources?

Edited by GameTime

6 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Sources?

I was intentionally being a jerk. I do think its misguided though to bring him in without also trying to address the back up center position. We have 1 open roster spot and have watched the most serviceable bigs get scooped up. I'm just a little bit cynical when it comes to our franchise making any additions at this point let alone any addition that would actually help us improve.

• Premium Member

Man if we could get Joe back....  He's one of my fave Hawks players ever, I would LOVE to see JJ retire a Hawk.  

He is EXACTLY what we need.  He can post up smaller players, hit a nice floater, shoot the 3, and play ok D.  He would also solve our "Who takes the final shot?" conundrum.

SIGN ME UP!!!!

P.S.  Have you watched Joe ABUSE LBJ in the playoffs with the Nets?  

• Like 2

Everybody assuming he goes to CLE.  What if he don't like Leighborn.  It's not like he's a likeable guy and if (when) they fail, it's all on you ... well and emoLove.

Jaimes ain't looking for a teammate, he's looking for scapegoat #3.