• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CViv: Hawks and JJ may have mutual interest in reunion

Diesel

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Having thought about it, I'm wondering if this is even true.  Miami was dumping salary to avoid the luxury "repeater tax".  Wouldn't adding Joe keep them at luxury tax level?

Also I believe Bosh is out for the year.  Why would you go to a team without its main player?

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Having thought about it, I'm wondering if this is even true.  Miami was dumping salary to avoid the luxury "repeater tax".  Wouldn't adding Joe keep them at luxury tax level?

You've just beeeeen ..... Broussar'd!

Smile for the camera, JBird.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes.

The Miami and Atlanta reports are really, well...puzzling to me. The Joe reports conveniently coincide with AJC hacks having nothing else to write about. I have no clue about what's going on with Miami and fan interest but their entire trade deadline moves were specifically meant to avoid the luxury tax. Signing not just Joe but anyone to a contract before March 6th (I think it's around this date) would push them into the Luxury Tax again. So they're really going to just ditch all of that in order to sign Joe? Kinda reminds me of when Gearon Jr. made comments that they won't sign someone like Jermaine O'Neal to go into the Luxury Tax....

5 minutes ago, LastDon said:

Bud f***in sucks! We are going to miss out on Joe cause he want bench Korver...smh

We will miss out on Joe because Joe decides where he wants to go.

• Premium Member

Started to think it might be some negotiating ploy, but they've only got a few thousand more than the rest to spend (per BInsiders: http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-team-salaries-at-a-glance  ). Really the only team in the East with anything significantly more is Charlotte. But if he wants to maximize the payday, Utah could still cut him a decent check.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Well if anyone would know about clearing an easy bar it would be a lawyer from Kentucky.

c4Vgdsg.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely played but the bar I passed was in Georgia.  I figured you might have gone with not being able to pass a bar...or at least one that served rumple!  :rumple:

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So are the Heat going to start Joe over Wade and Deng?

Exactly what I was thinking.  Take Wade (#2 on the team in minutes) and Deng (#3 on the team in minutes) and add in Winslow (#5 on the team in minutes) and Gerald Green (#7 in minutes) and this is the team with the biggest hole on the wings?  GTFOH

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  Take Wade (#2 on the team in minutes) and Deng (#3 on the team in minutes) and add in Winslow (#5 on the team in minutes) and Gerald Green (#7 in minutes) and this is the team with the biggest hole on the wings?  GTFOH

I never thought about their depth at the wing too.  Geez they have 4 wings that would probably start over ours.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

i think they would start Deng at PF, and he would play both foward spots throughout the game. Joe at starting Sf and playing SG , when Wade is on the bench.

Edited by pimp

92.9 made a good point about all this. Why would Joe give up 3 million dollars just to play for the Hawks?  Veterans give up money for RINGS.   I didnt even think about it, but makes more sense that he would sign with Cleveland.  Must be why i heard Bud mumbling about the D league market on the radio.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, pimp said:

pi think they would start Deng at PF and he would play both foward spots throughout the game. Joe at starting Sf and playing SG , when Wade is on the bench.

That is possible pimp, but the way I see it, Miami's frontcourt is decimated no matter who starts so why bother with them if you are JJ?  Look for a team that is good everywhere but the wing.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

92.9 made a good point about all this. Why would Joe give up 3 million dollars just to play for the Hawks?  Veterans give up money for RINGS.   I didnt even think about it, but makes more sense that he would sign with Cleveland.  Must be why i heard Bud mumbling about the D league market on the radio.

This is what I am expecting.  JJ joining the proud tradition of ring chasers if he is willing to forego any money that is.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We will miss out on Joe because Joe decides where he wants to go.

We are missing out on Joe due to playing time...I don't blame Joe for not accepting a bench role with a team he made the all-star team 6 times with..They say Joe is choosing Miami for playing time..So in so many words Bud and co pitched some silly reserve Idea..smh

Deng goes to PF yes several outlets posting about this , saying he helps the heat the most, and they dont really need him on the Cavs, would help scoring off the bench - but if he came off our bench which is already outscoring opponents at the highest rate, would be pretty good.